Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If I ordered a vita tv would it work ok over here? tempted to order if it will work ok.

I think you still need to use a Japanese PSN account on it.

Just seen that the Vita version will come with

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
    Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
    The Psycho character classes
    Mechromancer character classes
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1
    The Collector's Edition Pack

No Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep or Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and none of the shorter DLC or the Upgrade pack 2 (increased difficulty and level cap)

I hope the DLC is cross buy, I've the rest already on PS3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    I think you still need to use a Japanese PSN account on it.

Ahhhh ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Right there with you. I bought God of War for ps2 ages ago and still havent gotten round to sittin down to it. This is just the ticket for me. Same with the Sly games and Borderlands would ya believe.

Great news for gamers like me who are behind on their playing. :D

God of War is awesome, it's one of the ps2's crown jewels, the second game is even better, so many standout moments in those titles. Yeah the graphics will look dated now but at the time they were stunning looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

If I ordered a vita tv would it work ok over here? tempted to order if it will work ok.

Will it work... yes

Will it work well... no

As things stand it ONLY works with a japanese PSN account. You can't access your non-japanese PSN account to sign into the machine (which you need to do), you can't use your PS+ games downloaded to your non-japanese account, and you can't use quite a few game carts

• Advertisement

Is the vita fully region free? some stuff on vg+ is cheap enough even with shipping works out less than getting it here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    Is the vita fully region free? some stuff on vg+ is cheap enough even with shipping works out less than getting it here

Yep it is

COYVB wrote: »
    Will it work... yes

Will it work well... no

As things stand it ONLY works with a japanese PSN account. You can't access your non-japanese PSN account to sign into the machine (which you need to do), you can't use your PS+ games downloaded to your non-japanese account, and you can't use quite a few game carts

Well thats a pity, I wish they'd hurry up and tell us whene it its gonna be released over here .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

krudler wrote: »

Yeah they are the best place to get Vita games, you will never pay over €31 for a new Vita game off of them, unless it is a special edition.

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah they are the best place to get Vita games, you will never pay over €31 for a new Vita game off of them, unless it is a special edition.

Cool. yeah their prices are really good, see gamestop listing some new vita titles at 44.99, ehhh, no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 SiegePerilous

Got it in Gamestop in the Parkway, Limerick. They were out of stock in The Crescent.

Did they mention if there were many left? Placed an order online for this but got an email saying order had been cancelled and they couldn't source more stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Did they mention if there were many left? Placed an order online for this but got an email saying order had been cancelled and they couldn't source more stock.

No, didn't mention anything.

If you're interested I'd move on it fairly quick as I read that manufacturing of this first revision ended in January.

Smyths are selling the same pack for the same price.

Ringing around could be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SiegePerilous

No, didn't mention anything.

If you're interested I'd move on it fairly quick as I read that manufacturing of this first revision ended in January.

Smyths are selling the same pack for the same price.

Ringing around could be your best bet.

Yeah, definitely want to get the OLED before they're phased out altogether. Will give them a shout tomorrow.

I was reading this morning how the Vita handles save files.

Rather stupidedly imo when you delete a digital game from the system it also deletes the save files.

http://www.guidingtech.com/23000/back-up-data-from-digital-ps-vita-games/

Does this still hold true?

And I presume most of you guys have PS+ so you upload the save to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I was reading this morning how the Vita handles save files.

Rather stupidedly imo when you delete a digital game from the system it also deletes the save files.

http://www.guidingtech.com/23000/back-up-data-from-digital-ps-vita-games/

Does this still hold true?

And I presume most of you guys have PS+ so you upload the save to that?

Generally when I'm getting rid of a game on my memory card, I save it on to
    my hard drive, that way I don't have to bother downloading it again and when I transfer it back onto the memory card I can keep going from where I left off - well that's how it's been for me so far.

Generally when I'm getting rid of a game on my memory card, I save it on to
    my hard drive, that way I don't have to bother downloading it again and when I transfer it back onto the memory card I can keep going from where I left off - well that's how it's been for me so far.

That makes sense alright, particularly for the bigger games. Thanks.

Vita TV verdict: Not worth bothering with until the remove the account restrictions and add remote play. Once they do that, it'll be a must-have

COYVB wrote: »
    Vita TV verdict: Not worth bothering with until the remove the account restrictions and add remote play. Once they do that, it'll be a must-have

In other words, once they release it.

Well, yeah, there's that lol. Some of the stuff might be added before it gets an NA/EU release though. The remote play and DS4 compatibility will likely be in the next few weeks - though the PSN account is the big one, that'll likely have to wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Is this a Persona clone?

It has elements of Persona but is more like the Phoenix Wright series in terms of gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is this a Persona clone?

Should have mine in the morning :D it shares similarities with Persona but mainly with its design , it is totally different gameplay wise and it has got great reviews from importers on NeoGaf. For anime fans Studio Lerche actually adapted both Persona 4 and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, but do not watch Danganronpa before you play the game, it will ruin certain elements of it, actually most of it, I know it came out last year, but if you have seen it, the game will be wasted on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone picking up TxK?

It's after getting some great reviews and it's only 5.60 if you are on plus.

Want to check out some reviews as I'm not really sure what it is :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

What are the best current deals for the Vita?

The bundles seem good value with the 16gb card included. I see the Disney pack is €169 in Smyths.

Is this as cheap as I'm going to get?

Seems that's the cheapest.

I got the 10 game mega pack with 16GB card in Gamestop (Smyths had them as well) for €169

1) LittleBigPlanet PS Vita - PEGI 7

2) Wipeout 2048 - PEGI 3

3) MotorStorm RC - PEGI 7

4) Little Deviants - PEGI 7

5) Frobisher Says! With Frobisher Says! Fun pack

6) Ecolibrium with Ecolibrium Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs

7) Ratchet and Clank Size Matters (PSP game) PEGI 7

8) Lemmings - PEGI 3

9) Hungry Giraffe PEGI 3

10) Rotating Octopus PEGI 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Seems that's the cheapest.

I got the 10 game mega pack with 16GB card in Gamestop (Smyths had them as well) for €169

1) LittleBigPlanet PS Vita - PEGI 7

2) Wipeout 2048 - PEGI 3

3) MotorStorm RC - PEGI 7

4) Little Deviants - PEGI 7

5) Frobisher Says! With Frobisher Says! Fun pack

6) Ecolibrium with Ecolibrium Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs

7) Ratchet and Clank Size Matters (PSP game) PEGI 7

8) Lemmings - PEGI 3

9) Hungry Giraffe PEGI 3

10) Rotating Octopus PEGI 3

tis a good deal. Wipeout and lbp are fantastic games. I'm still getting through wipeout at the moment. Lbp shows off everything that's good about touch controls without feeling tacked on. Wipeout is glorious looking and doesn't feel the need to tack anything on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

Took its time getting to me, but... yippee!

2C639D1E-orig_zpsd93de2ca.jpg?t=1392301938

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

aaronh007 wrote: »
    WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

Took its time getting to me, but... yippee!

2C639D1E-orig_zpsd93de2ca.jpg?t=1392301938

Superb!!!!
    Link please i need me 1 of these my 32 is full :(

• Advertisement

^ Must get me one of those, had to delete a few things already, play-asia?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement