Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

After a brief 5 mins of TxK, all I will say is there is some explosion of colours in it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tok9 wrote: »
    After a brief 5 mins of TxK, all I will say is there is some explosion of colours in it :D

I'll be honest and say I think it looks horrendous. It looks like was designed by an autistic gorilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc arrived today, loving it so far, it is a great mix between Persona and Ace Attorney with some horror undertones, shame I have to bring the girlfriend out tonight, otherwise I would not be putting the game down.

EDIT - You can get it now on the PSN store for €39.99.

Xenji wrote: »
    Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc arrived today, loving it so far, it is a great mix between Persona and Ace Attorney with some horror undertones, shame I have to bring the girlfriend out tonight, otherwise I would not be putting the game down.

I thought it was against the law for JRPG fans to have girlfriends… :)

I thought it was against the law for JRPG fans to have girlfriends… :)

She is a bigger gamer than I am, one of her hobbies is actually collecting old SNES and Genesis games :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

cadete wrote: »
    Superb!!!!
    Link please i need me 1 of these my 32 is full :(

http://www.yesasia.com/global/search/64gb-vita/0-0-0-bpt.48_q.64gb+vita-en/list.html

That's where I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Xenji wrote: »
    She is a bigger gamer than I am, one of her hobbies is actually collecting old SNES and Genesis games :p

Wife her

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

krudler wrote: »
    Wife her

Definitely time to level up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

krudler wrote: »
    long shipping time?

4 weeks with standard delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

aaronh007 wrote: »
    4 weeks with standard delivery.

Bout the same amount of time for me, maybe a bit longer because it took a week or two to have the card come in stock first. Very handy to be able to have all your games on the one card without having to switch.

We have another JPRG coming to the Vita this year, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair will be coming out during Q3, it is not a direct sequel to Trigger Happy Havoc and will be far darker with strong horror elements.
    NIS America is excited to announce that Danganronpa™ 2: Goodbye Despair, the sequel to the highly popular mystery adventure game Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, will be making its way to the PlayStation®Vita in North America and Europe this fall in both retail and digital form. As in the first game, players will take on the role of a high school student as they are thrust into a life-or-death situation, and must use their wits and teamwork to survive. Each student was chosen for a special ability they possess, making them the “ultimate” example of something. Characters in this title are also designed by Rui Komatsuzaki for a unique and darker take on the anime style.

About the game:
    Jabberwock Island – once a popular tourist destination, this now uninhabited island remains oddly pristine. You and your classmates at the elite Hope's Peak Academy have been brought to this island by your super-cute teacher for a “lovey-dovey, heart-throbbing school trip.” Everyone seems to be having fun in the sun...until Monokuma returns to restart his murderous game! Trapped on this island of mutual killing, your only hope of escape rests in solving the island’s mysteries. But be warned—sometimes the truth can be its own despair...

Key features:
    Deadly Island Vibes: Murder is the only means of escape when you’re trapped on this island paradise. As your fellow classmates start dropping like coconuts, you’ll need to delve into each murderous incident, forage for clues, and interview your classmates to reveal the opportunity, motive, and means behind each killer case!

Tribal Council: You’ll go head-to-head in all new minigames with the other students during the Class Trial, shooting down their false truths and using your evidence to uncover what really happened. But watch out! If a student is unconvinced, they'll challenge you to a one-on-one Rebuttal Showdown and force you to defend your argument!

Survival of the Keenest: Match up your evidence with your fellow classmates’ arguments and determine who’s really telling the truth. Once you’ve got a suspect in your sights, turn up that tropical heat in a variety of timing- and reflex-based game systems to reveal the ultimate truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Traded in my copy of Tomb Raider for the PS4 today as it has a game braking save problem that i got.

Picked up Tearaway for 15 euros and Dragons Crown so going to be enjoying my time off with some vita games :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Frozen Synapse is coming to Vita (and PS3). Video looks like its making good use of the touch screen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-01-frozen-synapse-tactics-announced-for-ps3-and-vita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Any word on Football Manager for the Vita? The season is going to be over now by the time its released.
    Anyone by chance know anywhere FIFA 14 is cheap too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Niska wrote: »
    Frozen Synapse is coming to Vita (and PS3). Video looks like its making good use of the touch screen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-01-frozen-synapse-tactics-announced-for-ps3-and-vita

Looks great kind of an incredibly slow version of hotline miami. .... I jest

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

GTR63 wrote: »
    Any word on Football Manager for the Vita? The season is going to be over now by the time its released.
    Anyone by chance know anywhere FIFA 14 is cheap too?

Fifa 14 is €29.99 in Smyths.

You just missed out. Tesco were selling them off for a fiver. Doubt very much they'll be any left anywhere mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

A quick question about grips for the Vita.

Do you think it is worth getting one and if so, which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Fawk Nin wrote: »

i got 1 from argos i think(cant see it on their website now) it makes the machine much handier to use and way more comfortable, mine isnt the best imo but im happy enough with it, hoping to see 1 with l2r2 triggers in the near future for remote play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Fawk Nin wrote: »

Got this one, very good does the job and makes life much easier when holding for more than 20 mins
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006LM2Y5A/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?qid=1392635744&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Picked up The Walking Dead in the February sale. Took me a bit to get into it, but enjoying it now. Started to click with me the first time I had to choose between two people to save. No right answer, and depends on your reaction to the characters. Hadn't seen that dynamic in a game before, it's quite interesting.

Graphics are nice too, comic book style works well. Just finished episode 1 of 5, so a bit to go. Would recommend it at the sale price if you're thinking of picking it up.

cadete wrote: »
    i got 1 from argos i think(cant see it on their website now) it makes the machine much handier to use and way more comfortable, mine isnt the best imo but im happy enough with it, hoping to see 1 with l2r2 triggers in the near future for remote play

I don't really see why Sony left them off the vita at all. Kind of reminds of the psp mistake of only having one analogue stick. Ruins certain games. Sure you can incorporate the touch screen but its not the same. Considering they more than likely knew they'd be using it for ps4 remote play I just can't understand the decision to make it with only one shoulder button each side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I think the rear touch screen can be used for L2/R2. Not great but better than nothing.

penev10 wrote: »
    I think the rear touch screen can be used for L2/R2. Not great but better than nothing.

it can but it can be a pain in the backside. I'm giving one of the psp games a go. Metal gear solid no less which should be great but in finding the use of the touch screen on the back for l or r 2 really annoying. You touch it and it works then it doesn't etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

New killzone mercenary maps out tomorrow. Really should have picked this up when it was on sale

http://thevitalounge.net/new-killzone-mercenary-multiplayer-maps-coming-feb-19th/

Nice.. I really should play it more but I always struggle to play MP games unless with a group.. more of an SP guy

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    New killzone mercenary maps out tomorrow. Really should have picked this up when it was on sale

http://thevitalounge.net/new-killzone-mercenary-multiplayer-maps-coming-feb-19th/

kinda regretting not getting it in the sale as well tbh but that said I've just too much other stuff to get through.

Playing some Killzone MP now if anyone is around.. probably only be on for 30 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

My Slim should be here tomorrow.
    I'm a bit of a n00b so apologies in advance.

I have a few random questions.

1. I stupidly presumed that the "big" games were available on vita. Stuff like GTA5, COD:Ghosts, Pro Evo, WWE 2K14. How come these huge titles aren't ready for Vita?
    2. Can i download titles direct from the PSN store to my Vita. For example, if i wanted Marvel Vs Capcom can i just purchase it direct on my device and have it download ?
    3. Whats the average size for new games?
    4. Whats the best driving game for Vita?
    5.I am only seeing "app" type games on the PSN store, is this all there is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement