Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

1. I stupidly presumed that the "big" games were available on vita. Stuff like GTA5, COD:Ghosts, Pro Evo, WWE 2K14. How come these huge titles aren't ready for Vita?

There are big games on the Vita; like Killzone Mercenary, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, FIFA 14, LittleBigPlanet Vita, Gravity Rush, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, Street Fighter X Tekken etc.

But some of the best games are smaller 'indie' titles like Guacamelee, Hotline Miami, Tearaway, Spelunky, Velocity Ultra, Thomas Was Alone etc.
    2. Can i download titles direct from the PSN store to my Vita. For example, if i wanted Marvel Vs Capcom can i just purchase it direct on my device and have it download ?

Yes.
    3. Whats the average size for new games?

Bigger games range from 2GB-4GB but smaller titles can be less than 100MB.
    4. Whats the best driving game for Vita?

TBH I wouldn't be able to put an order on them but Wipeout 2048, Motorstorm RC, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed are all good, depending on what you type of game you want.
    5.I am only seeing "app" type games on the PSN store, is this all there is?

All games released on the Vita are downloadable. Big and small.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Also, what is playstation plus exactly?

Sorry for the questions but it's best to get a view point from those in the know.

Also, what is playstation plus exactly?

Sorry for the questions but it's best to get a view point from those in the know.

There is a very handy thread here but the gist is it is a subscription service. By subscribing, you get 1GB (per device) of cloud storage for your saves. You also get discounts in the Store across numerous games, even on sale items.

The biggest draw however is the Instant Game Collection. When you join, you get access to a set list of full retail games. Every month, new games get added to the service. So the longer you stay subbed, the larger the collection gets (and you get to keep them for as long as you sub too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up resistance burning skies there yesterday for the ground total of €8 new in extravison and my god the game is shocking bad LoL maybe the worst i have played on the vita

I fell when you shot something it does not fell your doing anything to them. The axe is a one hit kill KO. It also looks shocking I can see the pixels countless times on things and everything is also quite blurry and it looks like a early PS2 game.

Like i played the story and got every trophy expect the multiplayer one in less then 5 hours :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah I loved the Resistance Series on the PS3. Got a demo for the Vita and it looked awful. One part was so dark it was like playing the game with no visuals......wasn't fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

picked up Hotline Miami for the princely sum of 2.66 on the store, it's mental but am liking it, has an old school GTA feel to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Get stardust. Thats all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

krudler wrote: »
    picked up Hotline Miami for the princely sum of 2.66 on the store, it's mental but am liking it, has an old school GTA feel to it

How good is it. Got the €169 pack last week and been tempted to get hotline but between hotline and spelunky (which is a head f&*k) dont want to waste too much sd card space.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Does the slim still use the vita memory card, I thought I read somewhere they were switching to a micro sd card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Does the slim still use the vita memory card, I thought I read somewhere they were switching to a micro sd card.

Nope you read wrong it still uses the Vita Memory card and I dont think sony will ever go away from it being honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That is the only major thing that annoys me about the Vita, I hate proprietary crap.

Yes I know the cable is proprietary on the OLED ones too but ripoffs can be bought on the cheap on EBay.

Those cards are way too expensive in comparison to Micro SD.

Got Ys today as a gift and really need to get rid of it ASAP as I am knee deep in college work, didn't get a receipt with it but know it was bought in Gamestop for €45, should I sell it or put it up and play it in a few months when I am finished with the college work.

Propriety cables are 2 for £1 in game in Newry, I bought 4 last Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got Ys today as a gift and really need to get rid of it ASAP as I am knee deep in college work, didn't get a receipt with it but know it was bought in Gamestop for €45, should I sell it or put it up and play it in a few months when I am finished with the college work.

It is a great game, you can easily get over 40+ hours out of it, would recommend keeping it, especially if you like rpgs.

Tbh I already have Dragons Crown still to play, I got someone a PS4 just after Christmas when they were scarce so this was them repaying me a favour, the Ys series is an amazing line of games I bought most of the PSP ones when they came out but I am in danger of failing my course if I start playing games like this as they are all consuming.

Think I'll put it up on Adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

petejmk wrote: »
    How good is it. Got the €169 pack last week and been tempted to get hotline but between hotline and spelunky (which is a head f&*k) dont want to waste too much sd card space.

Both of those games are going to take up feck all space compared to a normal game.

Tbh I already have Dragons Crown still to play, I got someone a PS4 just after Christmas when they were scarce so this was them repaying me a favour, the Ys series is an amazing line of games I bought most of the PSP ones when they came out but I am in danger of failing my course if I start playing games like this as they are all consuming.

Think I'll put it up on Adverts.

I would keep YS and put Dragons Crown up instead, Dragons Crown just winds up being repetitive button mashing with a paper thin story.

Borderlands 2 Vita-PC comparison

borderlands-2-vita-pc-comp.gif

Obviously a downgrade but the Vita version does look impressive nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Fantastic for a handheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is that the first image released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Guys,

I have heard of a compilation that has victory road and ikari on it ? Itching to play those two games again and I would buy a machine for it.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Guys,

I have heard of a compilation that has victory road and ikari on it ? Itching to play those two games again and I would buy a machine for it.

They came out as PSP minis a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Xenji wrote: »
    They came out as PSP minis a few years back.

And were they released on the Vita ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

ebbsy wrote: »
    And were they released on the Vita ?

They are in the store for €2.49 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Late to the soul sacrifice party but going with my play whatever is thrown at me for free on ps plus plan even if they're not my usual type of game.

So far so good, only finish chapter 4 so very early doors.

I like the story book presentation and it seems to be good for short bursts which I also like.

I hope it doesn't get too complicated as I progress. Already quite a lot of things that you need to manage for fights. Nothing to complex yet but it'll be interesting as I say how it goes.

Like how you choose the save or sacrifice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I can't say I'm a big fan of Soul Sacrifice.

For one I can't seem to get an online game going but my biggest issue is it's all the same. It's a pure grindfest.

I play it every so often on my commutes but even that isn't happening as much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

tok9 wrote: »
    I can't say I'm a big fan of Soul Sacrifice.

For one I can't seem to get an online game going but my biggest issue is it's all the same. It's a pure grindfest.

I play it every so often on my commutes but even that isn't happening as much anymore.

I see where youre comin from. Its a bit samey already and im only early into it.

Enjoying it for the moment anyway. Will see how long it lasts. I haven't got a lot of patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hotline Miami is bastard hard, was stuck on chapter 3 for ages got it last night though, definitely something that rewards sticking with it and feeling out enemies, although a few times I've just gone sod it ran in someplace and it worked out just fine :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hotline Miami is bastard hard, was stuck on chapter 3 for ages got it last night though, definitely something that rewards sticking with it and feeling out enemies, although a few times I've just gone sod it ran in someplace and it worked out just fine :pac:

It can be annoying as fúck but you keep sticking at it because you know you can beat it. So you'll end up playing floors dozens and dozens of times to get that perfect run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

It's a lot like Spelunky in that way. I completed Miami Hotline but nearly fecked my vita across the room a few times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement