Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It can be annoying as fúck but you keep sticking at it because you know you can beat it. So you'll end up playing floors dozens and dozens of times to get that perfect run.

Definitely, you get a real rush being able to bomb through places timing it perfectly. Love kicking open a door, flattening the guy behind it, lobbing a weapon at the other dude in there then taking them both out in seconds, highly satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just saw that FF x and X-2 up on PSN store for €40 so I ordered from WOWHD for €24. I know they have a poor reputation for delivery but has anyone any idea roughly how long after release I'll have it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Just saw that FF x and X-2 up on PSN store for €40 so I ordered from WOWHD for €24. I know they have a poor reputation for delivery but has anyone any idea roughly how long after release I'll have it? Thanks

It depends, usually between 10-21 days. You could get off of VGP for €30 including delivery and be guaranteed to get it within 7-10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Xenji wrote: »
    It depends, usually between 10-21 days. You could get off of VGP for €30 including delivery and be guaranteed to get it within 7-10 days.

Thanks, I'm not in any mad rush for it but just to have an idea of what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

Been playing alot of walking dead on the vita recently, up to chapter 4 now. Quite good, though have seen some slowdown/tearing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

phill106 wrote: »
    Been playing alot of walking dead on the vita recently, up to chapter 4 now. Quite good, though have seen some slowdown/tearing.

That was the only problem I had with what was an otherwise excellent game. It got quite annoying for me in one part of chapter 5 but that was mainly because I was so caught up in the story.

I bought the season pass for The Wolf Among Us on PS3 when it was half price but I've only played a bit of episode 1. I'm sure it'll pick up but it hasn't grabbed me in quite the way The Walking Dead did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

My 8gb memory is really not up to the job anymore, does anyone know the cheapest place for a 16gb card?

McGrath5 wrote: »
    My 8gb memory is really not up to the job anymore, does anyone know the cheapest place for a 16gb card?

There is not really much difference in price between any sites like VGP, Play-Asia, Amazon or even Argos, you are looking at between €29 and €32.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

If the 8 doesn't last long for you, 16 won't either. 32gb might be something worth looking at.

Even with a 64gb, Im finding it tough :/ Only have like 10gb left, but having everything available at my fingertips made it a very much worthwhile purchase

There is not really much difference in price between any sites like VGP, Play-Asia, Amazon or even Argos, you are looking at between €29 and €32.

Cheers, Argos seem to be the best option for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cheers, Argos seem to be the best option for me.

this might interest you?
    http://www.zavvi.com/games-ps-vita/kids-mega-pack-includes-16gb-memory-card/10870047.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Is there any good current offers for a vita bundle around now( preferably B&M) ? Amazon seem to have increased their price since I last looked

sweetie wrote: »

I am going to go with the Argos one, I already have a few of the games that are included with that card, plus I do want it today, rather than waiting for it to ship, thanks for the suggestion though.

That was the only problem I had with what was an otherwise excellent game. It got quite annoying for me in one part of chapter 5 but that was mainly because I was so caught up in the story.

Was that when you had to
    shoot the zombies on the street trying to get to Clementine?
    christ that was near unplayable for me, lag all over the place.

krudler wrote: »
    Was that when you had to
    shoot the zombies on the street trying to get to Clementine?
    christ that was near unplayable for me, lag all over the place.

Aye, that was the exact point. It drove me doolally because I knew it was so close to the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Picked up Spelunky at the end of the February sale, wasn't sure if I liked it having played the demo, but got it more on the good reviews. Pretty addicted to it now. Got past the jungle for the first time at the weekend.

13070584205_f2c3023043_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

PS Vita Mega Pack (10 Games) inc LBP, Wipeout, Lemmings @ Gamepointsnow - £10.99

One code gives you these 10 games.
    Works on any UK/EU PSN account

Games included are:
    1) LittleBigPlanet PS Vita - PEGI 7
    2) Wipeout 2048 - PEGI 3
    3) MotorStorm RC - PEGI 7
    4) Little Deviants - PEGI 7
    5) Frobisher Says! With Frobisher Says! Fun pack
    6) Ecolibrium with Ecolibrium Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs
    7) Ratchet and Clank Size Matters (PSP game) PEGI 7
    8) Lemmings - PEGI 3
    9) Hungry Giraffe PEGI 3
    10) Rotating Octopus PEGI 3

Some decent games there if you don't already have them.

Out of stock. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Otacon wrote: »
    PS Vita Mega Pack (10 Games) inc LBP, Wipeout, Lemmings @ Gamepointsnow - £10.99

Some decent games there if you don't already have them.

It says " out of stock " now.

Great price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It says " out of stock " now.

Great price though.

Sorry, just saw the deal and posted it. Couldn't access the site itself at work but wanted to let people know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well it looks like I'm after putting a mark on my vita screen :(

Can't complain too much as the way it was being carried wasn't exactly safe.. Might throw up a photo later... that said.. I'm debating whether to get it repaired, buy a new one or just leave it.

I'm inclined to go with the latter option for 2 reasons.

It's not that bad, just a little annoying.

The more worrying reason is that I'm now a concerned for the vita. It's great that we can use remote play and all the indie games that go on it.

But the exclusive games for vita is really drying up. In fact I can't think of anything that I want exclusively on Vita this year. The next few things I'm likely to buy will be on all sony platforms in Borderlands 2 and Fez.

Is anyone else getting worried for the sake of the vita. At least last year we were expecting Killzone and Tearaway... this year Murasaki Baby is the only thing I can think of and I don't even know if it has a release date.

Anyone else on the worried side of things? I'm not blind, I knew the vita wasn't looking in great condition but it's really hitting home this year imo.

tok9 wrote: »

Can't complain too much as the way it was being carried wasn't exactly safe.. Might throw up a photo later... that said.. I'm debating whether to get it repaired, buy a new one or just leave it.

The more worrying reason is that I'm now a concerned for the vita. It's great that we can use remote play and all the indie games that go on it.

But the exclusive games for vita is really drying up. In fact I can't think of anything that I want exclusively on Vita this year. The next few things I'm likely to buy will be on all sony platforms in Borderlands 2 and Fez.

Is anyone else getting worried for the sake of the vita. At least last year we were expecting Killzone and Tearaway... this year Murasaki Baby is the only thing I can think of and I don't even know if it has a release date.

Anyone else on the worried side of things? I'm not blind, I knew the vita wasn't looking in great condition but it's really hitting home this year imo.

Tbh, the seem to be a lot of games being announced on the PS blog for games coming to the PS4 and Vita but they seem to be mostly indies. There hasn't been any big AAA games announced but I wouldn't be too worried. Tbh though I haven't been playing it too much recently myself (trying to get through the Last of Us over the last couple of weeks and gorging on series on Netflix at the moment)

tok9 wrote: »

Most games coming out on the Vita this year are mainly RPG's or point and click mystery games, which makes me quite happy. The Vita is meant to have 100+ games released this year and for the first time I reckon it has a better lineup than the 3DS, my poor PS4 has seen hardly any game time compared to my Vita so far this year.

You have the likes of Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster, Deception IV: Blood Ties, Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited, Demon Gaze, Soul Saga, Mind Zero, Rainbow Skies, Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk Plus and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair still to come this year.

We also have had Ys: Memories of Celceta, DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God already released, it is really turning into a little gem for RPG games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Most games coming out on the Vita this year are mainly RPG's or point and click mystery games, which makes me quite happy. The Vita is meant to have 100+ games released this year and for the first time I reckon it has a better lineup than the 3DS, my poor PS4 has seen hardly any game time compared to my Vita so far this year.

You have the likes of Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster, Deception IV: Blood Ties, Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited, Demon Gaze, Soul Saga, Mind Zero, Rainbow Skies, Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk Plus and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair still to come this year.

We also have had Ys: Memories of Celceta, DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God already released, it is really turning into a little gem for RPG games.

I keep meaning to try and get into RPGs. Ive never been a fan Of turn based rpgs though. maybe i just need to give them a chance. That's quite the list btw.

Is gravity rush 2 coming his year. God I can't wait for that game. First one was flawed but still really different. Loved it.

And personally I'd rather the indies over AAA titles. One or two would be nice but so far the indies have been great. Hotline Miami really took me by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The Indie games are absolutely fantastic. No question. It'd just be nice to see a few vita exclusives whether they be AAA or Indie..

A very good deal in Argos, €23.99 for a 16gb card, get em while they're hot.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1338441

A very good deal in Argos, €23.99 for a 16gb card, get em while they're hot.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1338441

Sweet cheers for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

16GB for £18.49 on Amazon.

Varik wrote: »
    16GB for £18.49 on Amazon.

Free post on this? If not Argos is still cheaper and easier to get. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So whos getting ff10 HD Friday?I'm tempted too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement