Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RedXIV wrote: »
    Is this to get the jecht shot? I missed that the time and was disgusted when my brother picked it up. It's really useful. No tips on how to get it. Just a "I know your pain" post

I eventually got it lol but I missed out on load of those al bhed books so can't get the trophy for that now :( unless you can go back at some point during the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I eventually got it lol but I missed out on load of those al bhed books so can't get the trophy for that now :( unless you can go back at some point during the game?

Some of them are definitely missable :( but if I remember correctly, you could start a new game with your previous collection intact so you need to hunt the missing ones. That could be a ps2 only version thing though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I fogot how confusing the sphere grid can be in 10 :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah I don't remember it being this confusing. I played this game at least twice and can't remember any of it. Dreading unlocking Tidus's ultimate weapon. Chocobo racing and picking up flags really frustrated me. Can see the Vita being launched in anger.

I brought this off the store,how do I get access to x2?

• Advertisement

I did the same. I only got X but I think that's because I hadn't space on the memory card for X-2.

It was still showing up on the download list and I reckon once I get my new memory card (which I was horribly overcharged for - never buy sh!t online when you're drunk) I'll be able to download it.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I did the same. I only got X but I think that's because I hadn't space on the memory card for X-2.

It was still showing up on the download list and I reckon once I get my new memory card (which I was horribly overcharged for - never buy sh!t online when you're drunk) I'll be able to download it.

ahhhh ya I ran outta memory too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't remember it being this confusing. I played this game at least twice and can't remember any of it. Dreading unlocking Tidus's ultimate weapon. Chocobo racing and picking up flags really frustrated me. Can see the Vita being launched in anger.

Dodging the lightning. I never got it. Think my record was 8 or something. You need 200 for a trophy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

New system update: PS Vita System Software Update 3.10

Haven't hit the 100-app limit, but I like the sound of the memory-card manager. I only have a 16GB card and it's always full.

RedXIV wrote: »
    Dodging the lightning. I never got it. Think my record was 8 or something. You need 200 for a trophy :(

Oh god I'd forgotten that one. Pretty sure I got hit in the 190's at one stage. It was easier when you had the Encounters None equipped but still 200 dodges was ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

padraig_f wrote: »
    New system update: PS Vita System Software Update 3.10

Haven't hit the 100-app limit, but I like the sound of the memory-card manager. I only have a 16GB card and it's always full.

haven't had a chance to look at the update properly. Does it mean it you van seperate the save and the game.. For example i played gravity rush but had to delete the whole thing due to small memory card. Being able to save the saved data so to speak and delete the game would be cool.

in other news in getting through walking dead episode 4 now. My original thoughts stand. Its not a game, I'm not really enjoying it but the story and the what's goin to happen next has me hooked enough to continue. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

haven't had a chance to look at the update properly. Does it mean it you van seperate the save and the game.. For example i played gravity rush but had to delete the whole thing due to small memory card. Being able to save the saved data so to speak and delete the game would be cool.

From the article.
    Check out some of the new features and changes in PS Vita’s 3.10 system update below:
    • You can now display up to 500 applications on the home screen.
    • A Calendar application has been added for PS Vita, allowing you to set up gaming events with your friends. Sync your Google calendar to have all your events with you on your PS Vita. You can also share your favorite events by using the Messages and Email applications.
    • A new “Manage Content on Memory Card” option has been added to the Content Manager application. You can now view the data on your memory card, making it easier than ever to manage content on your PS Vita. You can now view memory usage by content type, and delete content and applications.
    • You can now send and receive voice messages using the Messages application on PS Vita. Exchange voice messages with your friends and players on PS4 and PS Vita.

Doesn't mention the saves bit but cloud saving solves that issue via PS+.
    in other news in getting through walking dead episode 4 now. My original thoughts stand. Its not a game, I'm not really enjoying it but the story and the what's goin to happen next has me hooked enough to continue. Strange.

I had a similar connundrum with games like The Walking Dead. However, I just had to change what I thought a game should be in my mind. Just because it is not a game doesn't make it a bad thing (not that you have said this, but others have).

Otacon wrote: »

Doesn't mention the saves bit but cloud saving solves that issue via PS+.

I had a similar connundrum with games like The Walking Dead. However, I just had to change what I thought a game should be in my mind. Just because it is not a game doesn't make it a bad thing (not that you have said this, but others have).

I must look into cloud saving. I have no idea how it works.

As for the walking dead yeah im not saying its bad. Its a new genre i suppose. I'm just still trying to work out is it for me. I'll persevere with this as Im interested to find out how they leave it... Open for more i suspect but after this one i don't think id be quick to pick up another like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I must look into cloud saving. I have no idea how it works.

If you have PS+, when you go to a game's live screen on the Vita you will see a Plus symbol at the top right. Click on it and in the next screen you are given the option to manually Upload or Download your save as well as tick a box that will automatically upload the file everyday.

Otacon wrote: »
    If you have PS+, when you go to a game's live screen on the Vita you will see a Plus symbol at the top right. Click on it and in the next screen you are given the option to manually Upload or Download your save as well as tick a box that will automatically upload the file everyday.

i have Ps plus alright. Must look at this later

Looks like they haven't separated save-files and games, at least I can't see it.

The whole save-game interface could still do with a bit of work. I set up cloud storage before, wanted to check what games were being backed up, and couldn't find it.

edit: found it. under content manager...online storage...saved data auto-upload. That whole option was hidden though as I'd set up a connection to my PC to upload screenshots. Both should be visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

hey folks, trying to pick up a Vita, suggestions on the best deals? that disney pack for 170 from Smyth's seems hard to beat, even though I've no interest in the games, it comes with a 16gb card.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Cina wrote: »
    hey folks, trying to pick up a Vita, suggestions on the best deals? that disney pack for 170 from Smyth's seems hard to beat, even though I've no interest in the games, it comes with a 16gb card.

You could pick one up on adverts for cheap enough with games. It would be second-hand but I have found most things bought there are good quality.

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    You could pick one up on adverts for cheap enough with games. It would be second-hand but I have found most things bought there are good quality.

yeah i got mine on adverts end of last year. Paid 130 or 140 i think it was. Pretty much perfect condition other than one very small scratch on the screen that isn't noticable at all when being played. Its in the bottom left corner. You'd only see it when screen is black but it is worth checking the screen lots before purchasing as they are very susceptible to scratches. I have a lovely padded case now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Will probably give it a lash alright seeing as its free to play

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Fez is out tomorrow lads and it's only 8 euro for anyone with a PS plus membership.

I'm all over it at that price.. cross buy too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

tok9 wrote: »
    Fez is out tomorrow lads and it's only 8 euro for anyone with a PS plus membership.

I'm all over it at that price.. cross buy too. :D

Cant wait. I have been looking forward to it since it was released on xbox nearly 2 years ago. I recently got a vita and have been loving the indies on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I just ordered a Vita on pretty much an impulse buy. My reasoning? F*** it! So I have a question. I sold my PS3 to a mate and left my psn account on the system so he could access all the games I bought from the PS Store. Will there be any issues if I use my account to log in on the Vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I just ordered a Vita on pretty much an impulse buy. My reasoning? F*** it! So I have a question. I sold my PS3 to a mate and left my psn account on the system so he could access all the games I bought from the PS Store. Will there be any issues if I use my account to log in on the Vita?

Nope, you should be fine to use the same account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That's good to know. Pity I didn't activate any vita games when I had ps plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD worth the €40 price tag seeing as there will be no trade in value for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD worth the €40 price tag seeing as there will be no trade in value for it?

You can get it cheaper as a physical copy but x-2 is download only

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You can pick up Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD for €29 including delivery on VGP, Amazon were also selling it for €32 as a pre order.

• Advertisement

Been checking all day for Fez to go up, looks like something's appearing now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement