Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianmcdon

Sony haven't done anywhere near enough for the PS Vita launch. I'm currently sitting in a Computer Science class where all we do it sit around playing games and yet most of the lads don't really have a clue about the Vita. I think that says something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Put down my pre-order for my Vita on Monday in Dublin as I'll be up there when it's launched. Had nearly 300 euro in vouchers after Christmas so said feck it, I'll use em to get something big. Went for Wi-Fi model as have unlimeted data with 3 on my iPhone anyway so can just tether to that if needs be.

Looking forward to getting it now. Was on the fence for a while, but will be travelling a fair bit over the next few months so getting handheld has made more sense for me than it has in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well they could be marketing better :p But there's a fair bit of advertising for it if you use a PS3. And this is Sony remember, the company that charged me £510 pounds when I first bought my PS3 on UK launch day.

guy amazon ps vits is now 214:99 free 8gb memory card & 15 pounds games could ot about 280 got a case also so its 290 price promise best deal around

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Its not a massive price tag considering people expected it to be a lot more before the price was announced.

+1 I think price is really not bad. You can get on amazon for 250eu with 8gb card. For what that little thing can do - its bargain. It's not just console, it's more then that. Same way ps3 was/is.

As for marketing silence - didn't Nintendo did se thing with 3ds? As over aggressive marketing campaing puts more problems then profit. They wanted to make sure they have enough supply and sell few less, then make people angry and wait. They spaced out their sales.

On the lther hand ps vita did not do as great as expected in Japan. Inmy opinion problems was that it did not had japan focused launch titles. All titles are more or less eu/US market orientated.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but the 3DS launch line up was abysmal. Having an uncharted, wipeout, and rayman game(to name a few) is a big boost, particularly for western gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Interesting article on the vita game load times

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/02/09/ps-vitas-load-times-analysed/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Interesting article on the vita game load times

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/02/09/ps-vitas-load-times-analysed/

Was anyone else thinking that the guy who wrote it is really quick at making his sandwiches..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Interesting article. Looks like the 3G Vita may be unlocked.

http://www.bigredbarrel.com/2012/02/uk-3g-vita-unlocked-out-of-the-box/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Otacon wrote: »

It's definitely unlocked. Sony have confirmed that. Just the promotional offers are with Vodafone and it will be sold with a Vodafone sim card, but you are free to use any network you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Was in Dundrum earlier, decided to pop up to Game and have a gander.

WOW is all I can say, this thing is a fookin beast.

Played Uncharted, Wipeout and Little Deviants, enjoyed all three but Wipeout was the clear standout for me. Absolutely brilliant game.

And that screen! I always thought that journalists were over exaggerating when they called it "beautiful", but turns out they weren't!

It feels alot more premium that i thought it would, no where near the flimsy plastic feel of the PSP.

I must find a way to have this. I MUST!

Was in Dundrum earlier, decided to pop up to Game and have a gander.

WOW is all I can say, this thing is a fookin beast.

Played Uncharted, Wipeout and Little Deviants, enjoyed all three but Wipeout was the clear standout for me. Absolutely brilliant game.

And that screen! I always thought that journalists were over exaggerating when they called it "beautiful", but turns out they weren't!

It feels alot more premium that i thought it would, no where near the flimsy plastic feel of the PSP.

I must find a way to have this. I MUST!

This :rolleyes: Anyone who's on the fence, go and try this thing. Its unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Preordered mine today in gamestop, wifi model. Going to get uncharted, wipeout and one other game on launch. Looking forward to it now.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone know what the media capabilities are like on it? Not in any hurry but at some point I'd be tempted (even before any games I want come out) if it could play my stuff without me having to convert it first like I have to for the PSP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

tonydude wrote: »
    Preordered mine today in gamestop, wifi model. Going to get uncharted, wipeout and one other game on launch. Looking forward to it now.
    :D

Did they give you the preorder kit with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

amacachi wrote: »
    Anyone know what the media capabilities are like on it? Not in any hurry but at some point I'd be tempted (even before any games I want come out) if it could play my stuff without me having to convert it first like I have to for the PSP.

From here

Supported AV Content Format

Music

* MP3 MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3
    * MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC)
    * WAVE (Linear PCM)

Videos

* MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC)
    * H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Hi/Main/Baseline Profile (AAC)
    * mp4

Photos

* JPEG (Exif 2.2.1)
    * TIFF
    * BMP
    * GIF
    * PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Did they give you the preorder kit with it?

I asked for it and got it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

tonydude wrote: »
    I asked for it and got it :D

Cheers for the reply, i asked again for it today and was told i have to buy the pack (i've nearly 200 quid on my deposit now).

Will call in and heckle them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

If your getting Wipeout at launch then would it not be worth just picking up the 3G model instead of the wifi one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Otacon wrote: »

wow a BRB reader, I'm staff there :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

moz wrote: »
    From here

Supported AV Content Format

Music

* MP3 MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3
    * MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC)
    * WAVE (Linear PCM)

Videos

* MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC)
    * H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Hi/Main/Baseline Profile (AAC)
    * mp4

Photos

* JPEG (Exif 2.2.1)
    * TIFF
    * BMP
    * GIF
    * PNG

Yeah a quick google suggests no support for AVIs, shan't be in a hurry so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If your getting Wipeout at launch then would it not be worth just picking up the 3G model instead of the wifi one

Im thinking this too.. any ideas on GAME bundles yet? I have 350 to spend maybe more and want Uncharted, Fifa and a 3G vita where should i buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Im thinking this too.. any ideas on GAME bundles yet? I have 350 to spend maybe more and want Uncharted, Fifa and a 3G vita where should i buy?

I'd stay away from the 3G Vita. It's not really going to add much to it. Better off using the money you save to get a game or memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

whats the battery life on these like lads? tempted to pick one up but not if I'm going to be playing it while stuck to a wall all the time :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still no sign of a demo machine in the game in cork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Still no sign of a demo machine in the game in cork :(

Better off not seeing one until you have your own vita in your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Possible to change my preorder in Gamestop to a 3g model? I'm getting a wifi model, 16gb card and Wipeout, so I may as well go to a 3g model if wipeout is a fiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I am just mind blown by FIFA after seeing the video that's in the ps store..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Has anyone who imported or got one early tried to get on the EU store, the US store is up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A lot of frame-rate drops in this video, e.g. 2:03 and 3:11

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement