Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Just downloaded Moto GP13, the new PS Plus offering and started to play a little bit.

Aaaand now I've just deleted it. I can't imagine myself ever putting time into it, the controls are very sim-like and I can't imagine it ever being fun.
    Least I've got Sly to look forward too. Hotline Miami is my favourite game of the last few years, so it's always good that more people will play it.

Yup! deleted Moto GP as quick as I started it.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

GTA V's iFruit app is out for Vita today if yous haven't already downloaded it on your phone. Fairly muck, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I've completely forgotten about GTA V

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Well... after a long slog I finally filled my memory card. Just a few games squeezed on there :p

Persona 4 Golden
    Persona 3 Portable
    Hotline Miami
    Ys: Memories of Celceta
    Danganronpa
    OlliOlli
    FF7
    FF9
    FFXHD
    FFX-2HD
    Muramusa Rebirth
    Spelunky
    Street Fighter v Tekken
    Virtue's Last Reward
    Tearaway
    Wipeout
    Thomas Was Alone
    Lego LotR
    Guacamelee
    TxK
    Rayman Origins
    Velocity Ultra
    Gravity Rush
    Dynasty Warriors Next
    Unit 13
    Sonic Transformed
    LBP Vita
    GTA: VC Stories
    Jak and Daxter Trilogy
    Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
    Lumines
    Monsters Ultimate HD
    MGS HD
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
    God of War Chains of Olympus
    God of War Ghost of Sparta
    Sine Mora
    Crash Bandicoot
    Modnation Racers
    Sound Shapes
    Motorstorm RC
    Patapon 2
    GTA: Liberty City Stories
    Big Sky Infinity
    Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
    Puddle
    Limbo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You are gonna have to make room for Conception II and Demon Gaze this month and Deception IV: Blood Ties and Fez from last month going by the games you have.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    You are gonna have to make room for Conception II and Demon Gaze this month and Deception IV: Blood Ties and Fez from last month going by the games you have.

They certainly are on my radar... Thankfully I've a few things that I don't mind getting rid of to make space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

aaronh007 wrote: »
    They certainly are on my radar... Thankfully I've a few things that I don't mind getting rid of to make space.

How big is that memory card for all those games?

eddhorse wrote: »
    How big is that memory card for all those games?

64GB. Costs around $99 imported from Asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I know this has been asked before so apologies but I forgot the answer. :o

If I want to delete games from my Vita to free up space I should ensure that the saved data has been uploaded to online storage (if you have Plus) and then either delete the game or copy the game to my PC using the Content Manager?

Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I know this has been asked before so apologies but I forgot the answer. :o

If I want to delete games from my Vita to free up space I should ensure that the saved data has been uploaded to online storage (if you have Plus) and then either delete the game or copy the game to my PC using the Content Manager?

Is this correct?

Yup, pretty much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

64GB. Costs around $99 imported from Asia.

Its ridiculous that they cost so much, that's one thing that annoys me about the vita

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Bought Alien Breed for 2 euro something last night. The nostalgia is flooding back from playing my uncles Amiga. I used to look forward all year to my week holiday up North so I could hog it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Bought Alien Breed for 2 euro something last night. The nostalgia is flooding back from playing my uncles Amiga. I used to look forward all year to my week holiday up North so I could hog it!!!

Uncle?? I am feeling so old right now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Taltos wrote: »
    Uncle?? I am feeling so old right now!!!

I was 13 and it was 1992 I had a Commodore 64 but nothing compared to the Amiga IMHO.

Must be hard for young uns playing updated versions on vita to see how pioneering these games were. That's why I am so interest on what Shadow of The Beast will turn out like!

thorbarry wrote: »
    Its ridiculous that they cost so much, that's one thing that annoys me about the vita

Oh I agree entirely. Proprietary can fook off. I paid it for the convenience of having so many games available

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh I agree entirely. Proprietary can fook off. I paid it for the convenience of having so many games available

You need a 128 GB card, it'll cost about the same as a Vita! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone know where in Dublin has Final fantasy X/X2 in stock?

tok9 wrote: »
    You need a 128 GB card, it'll cost about the same as a Vita! :P

With all the plus games Im missing, as well as upcoming games, I'd need a TB. That's PS4 money that! :p

Right this 16Gb card I got with a Vita today just won't do, PS+ will eat this up. Play Asia for 64GB or any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

YesAsia have it for ~€73 ($99.99). Try NEWTWITTER3 as a coupon code to get $3 off.

• Advertisement

YesAsia have it for ~€73 ($99.99). Try NEWTWITTER3 as a coupon code to get $3 off.

Thanks RobertFoster, filled that 16GB in no time, lots more in the download list.

Current top 3 vita games?

Thanks RobertFoster, filled that 16GB in no time, lots more in the download list.

Current top 3 vita games?

Trying to pick games that aren't available via plus; Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway and Rayman Origins/Legends.

Although I could pick a few different ones depending on what genre you'd play. RPGs for example have found a new home on the Vita. Games like Ys: Memories of Celceta, Toukiden and the greatest of all time (I'm slightly biased), P4G.

You've a great range of platformers too; Rayman, Tearaway, Guacamelee etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

cloud493 wrote: »
    Anyone know where in Dublin has Final fantasy X/X2 in stock?

Gamestop Donaghmede probably made a balls of that spelling, after that Dundalk seems to be the nearest.

Trying to pick games that aren't available via plus; Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway and Rayman Origins/Legends.

Although I could pick a few different ones depending on what genre you'd play. RPGs for example have found a new home on the Vita. Games like Ys: Memories of Celceta, Toukiden and the greatest of all time (I'm slightly biased), P4G.

Yeah the PS+ has given me a lot, will play through some of the earlier ones like Uncharted while I wait for the 64GB to arrive. Thanks.
    Not too much of an RPG fan but will try my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I can't bring myself to buy games for the Vita.

So far all I've bought is Tearaway and hotline miami.

I bought hotline miami a month or two ago an low and behold its now on PS+.

I know it's the risk you take and don't get me wrong I had no issue paying the couple of euro I did pay for hotline miami. The developers deserve more of my money. What a game!

But yeah it puts me off buying.

I'm tempted to pick up p4g but at the same time I reckon it'll appear on plus soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I can't bring myself to buy games for the Vita.

So far all I've bought is Tearaway and hotline miami.

I bought hotline miami a month or two ago an low and behold its now on PS+.

I know it's the risk you take and don't get me wrong I had no issue paying the couple of euro I did pay for hotline miami. The developers deserve more of my money. What a game!

But yeah it puts me off buying.

I'm tempted to pick up p4g but at the same time I reckon it'll appear on plus soon.

I'm the exact same. Any game I'm interested in for vita I just give 6 months to see if it will come onto PS+ or go on sale digitally. I don't know how any physical media is sold for Vita when there are such good deals on PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Anyone got any info on release schedule for walking dead season 2 on vita? Looking forward to its release

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Is there anything that can be to speed up downloads on the Vita? The games are painfully slow to download, I have 100mb Internet with UPC and can download movies etc at 4-5 mb/s, games on the vita download at 1mb in 5/6 seconds.

I think you can download to the PS3 first, not sure.

So filled the 16GB card, ordered a 64GB off YesAsia, €72 with delivery I think.

Playing Uncharted first. Wow the views are amazing with the gorgeous screen.
    Guys shooting at me and I'm looking at the scenery.
    Hooked already. So will finish that first before I go near the others downloaded :

Hotline Miami.
    Street fighter X Tekken
    PacMan Championship Edition.
    Rayman
    Gravity Rush
    Thomas Was Alone
    Guacamelee

Way too much to catch up on for free :)
    http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ps3-discussion/198601-list-eu-playstation-plus-igc-free-games.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think you can download to the PS3 first, not sure.
    That's what I do. I leave the PS3 downloading overnight because of my poor connection, and then hook up the Vita to install. It can install via WiFi or USB, but USB is faster.

Just finished Hotline Miami. Good fun, but I think the controls are better on a full controller rather than the Vita. Specifically, having to touch the screen to lock on annoyed me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement