Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

eddhorse wrote: »
    I think you can download to the PS3 first, not sure.

Absolutely.

Also I use my PS3 to store any Vita games I'm not using at any time and then transfer across what I want to play and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

Just finished the walking dead. In total i put 21hours into it. That's the full game with the 400days dlc which i didn't care for.

The main "game" if i can call it that was interesting. Kept me wanting to see what happens next. Great story telling in fairness.

That said bottom line is it wasn't really a game. More of a film i was kinda a part of and for that reason in. Glad it was a ps+ title. Think id have been fairly pissed off if id spent money on it.

Dont get me wrong im sure some will have loved it but its just not my kinda genre. Glad i gave it a chance but time to move on to an actual game.

It wasnt on plus, but it was heavily discounted on the 12 days of christmas deal, thats when i bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Anyone know when or if the Vita TV will be launched in EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone know when or if the Vita TV will be launched in EU?

All we had heard was early this year, but that has not happened, it does not have any official timeframe at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I ordered Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars off of vgp and there charging me 77 dollars,39 for the game and 37 which looks to be a delivery charge :eek:

• Advertisement

I ordered Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars off of vgp and there charging me 77 dollars,39 for the game and 37 which looks to be a delivery charge :eek:

It is due to the weight of the special box it comes in, which is a pain in the ass, if it came with little figurines I would not mind, but it is just a bloody box :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just seen this on shop to MY god Ratchet and Clank for the vita :eek:

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/psvita/PSPVRA36-ratchet-and-clank-trilogy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Took me 446 goes, but I finally finished Spelunky.

BkjfS1JIQAA1eDs.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So I just got my first Vita, so loving that OLED screen on the 1000!~(starting the jump over from MS to sony) but what's the deal with memory cards? official overpriced stuff only or anything compatible out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

god's toy wrote: »
    So I just got my first Vita, so loving that OLED screen on the 1000!~(starting the jump over from MS to sony) but what's the deal with memory cards? official overpriced stuff only or anything compatible out there?

Only official overpriced stuff unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

god's toy wrote: »

Only got mine last week, the same model, screen is amazing.

Cheapest card I could find :
    http://www.yesasia.com/us/playstation-vita-memory-card-64gb-japan-version/1034043241-0-0-0-en/info.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gonna try and get Final fantasy X/X2 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is anyone planning on buying Football Manager Classic on VITA? It comes out tomorrow but there is not a lot of information around on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Is anyone planning on buying Football Manager Classic on VITA? It comes out tomorrow but there is not a lot of information around on it.

Basically it's a port of the PC version of FMC. If you played the classic mode last year or this year, that's what you're basically getting :).

I'll definitely be picking it up. Might wait til my exams are over though, I remember having to snap my FM 05 disc in half, so I'd start studying for my Leaving Cert.

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Basically it's a port of the PC version of FMC. If you played the classic mode last year or this year, that's what you're basically

I think it is over ten years since I've played a FM game so I don't really know what to expect from it.

I think it is over ten years since I've played a FM game so I don't really know what to expect from it.

If it is anything like the PC versions, you will need 3-4 patches before it works right, although this year was not that bad, well besides the injury bug.

If a game comes out physically for the VITA today, does the digital version come out at the same time? Or is it with the weekly Wednesday update?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

http://www.toys.ie/-PlayStation-Vita-Console-Plus-FREE-LEGO-Mega-Pack-!132249-prd.aspx

Still on the fence as to buying a Vita or not? ... great offer imo. Its the OLED screen version, with a 16GB memory card full of batman games.

€170 is for nothing.

Tempted to buy it myself just to have a back up in case my one breaks!

edit... doesnt seem to available in any of the Dublin stores. Couldnt be bothered checking the country stores.

edit,edit... Dundalk has low stock available. Only checked there as I'll be up that direction soon enough for another reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

No recession round yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sweetie wrote: »
    No recession round yours!

Nope thankfully.

That said anyone on the fence about getting a vita really should invest now as the oled version wont be around for long and that price really is very low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Nope thankfully.

That said anyone on the fence about getting a vita really should invest now as the oled version wont be around for long and that price really is very low.

I've been thinking this for a while actually :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Nope thankfully.

Me too - using mine to death, dread the day it stops working. While I appreciate the lightness of the new one the loss of the high fidelity screen irks me. Ah if only I had the cash, but who knows if or when it happens there's always ebay or adverts I guess :(

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

http://www.toys.ie/-PlayStation-Vita-Console-Plus-FREE-LEGO-Mega-Pack-!132249-prd.aspx

Still on the fence as to buying a Vita or not? ... great offer imo. Its the OLED screen version, with a 16GB memory card full of batman games.

€170 is for nothing.

Tempted to buy it myself just to have a back up in case my one breaks!

edit... doesnt seem to available in any of the Dublin stores. Couldnt be bothered checking the country stores.

edit,edit... Dundalk has low stock available. Only checked there as I'll be up that direction soon enough for another reason.

bought one yesterday! have one already but hacked it a while back and miss the ps store so bought one to update and will keep the other one for youtube and emulators etc.

was thinking of the vita slim, really just to not have 2 of the same console but the screen is so epic on the first generation. 16gb card and all, plus its a 3G/wifi one too! don't care much for the games included but i'll download them and give them a whirl. (i got the disney pack) i'd say go for it if you're thinking of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

On my fifth vita at the moment first three were traded or swapped down the line, the fourth had an issue with the d-pad slipping seems to be a common error happened a couple of months ago, I am on number 5 now playing injustice, love the vita so much, great little console.

Soul Sacrifice Delta is coming May 14th.
    Soul Sacrifice Delta is an extended cut of 2013's well-received Vita game where every decision has consequential results. The action RPG that pits you against an evil sorcerer returns with a slew of new features including improvements to gameplay, graphics, new levels, characters and spells. The most notable addition to the series is the introduction of a new faction -- Grim -- and the ability to choose a third option of "Fate" on top of "Sacrifice" or "Save."

New bosses and lore primarily stem from Grimm's Fairy tales, adding Little Red Riding Hood & The Big Bad Wolf, Snow White & the Seven Dwarves, Cinderella & The Foot Fetishist, Hansel & Gretel, the Frog Prince and other mythological monsters such as Succubi and Chimera. New AI and moves will be added to the vanilla monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Dead nation coming to vita on Wednesday, free via crossbuy if you got it on ps3 beforehand!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/14/dead-nation-arrives-ps-vita-week/

Love how Sony announce these surprises for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

CombatCow wrote: »
    Dead nation coming to vita on Wednesday, free via crossbuy if you got it on ps3 beforehand!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/14/dead-nation-arrives-ps-vita-week/

Love how Sony announce these surprises for us.

seems like this applies to other games also!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/heads-up-for-ps-vita-owners-3-cross-buy-freebies-launching-today-1880838#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone buy Sorcery Saga yet, just wondering how does it play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

I've only played through the first dungeon and it seems pleasant enough. It's pretty easy so far though. I don't think my health gone below half yet.

• Advertisement

I have enjoyed it so far, it is nice and quirky with good graphics and gameplay, the difficulty keeps ramping up and reminds me of the Atelier Totori games. The Vita is really turning into a JRPG beast and has a far better lineup than the 3DS this year, I feel bad for people who do not like JPRGs and have a Vita, but for me it is fantastic and I have barely played my PS4 for more than 100 hours since i got it at launch due to it and the great PS3 games that are out this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement