Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Are there any must haves from this easter sale on vita. Iv just picked up killzone, loved the beta so delighted to see it on sale. Any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For anyone who has the PS3 version, Dead Nation is free on the vita. Downloaded it last night.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Are there any must haves from this easter sale on vita. Iv just picked up killzone, loved the beta so delighted to see it on sale. Any others?

Some you probably have from Plus but anyway

Hotline Miami
    Spelunky
    OlliOlli
    MGS Collection
    Stealth Inc
    The Walking Dead
    OlliOlli
    TxK

tok9 wrote: »
    Some you probably have from Plus but anyway

Hotline Miami
    Spelunky
    OlliOlli
    MGS Collection
    Stealth Inc
    The Walking Dead
    OlliOlli
    TxK

Only missing olliolli and TxK from that list so I think im doing pretty ok

Only missing olliolli and TxK from that list so I think im doing pretty ok

Virtue's Last Reward?

• Advertisement

Virtue's Last Reward?

Whats that, I've never heard of it before. And thanks for the suggestions by the way

Whats that, I've never heard of it before. And thanks for the suggestions by the way

It's a very story driven puzzle game with multiple endings. Probably recommend checking up a review but I thought it was excellent.

No oproblem regarding suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Nope thankfully.

That said anyone on the fence about getting a vita really should invest now as the oled version wont be around for long and that price really is very low.
    RedXIV wrote: »
    I've been thinking this for a while actually :(
    Taltos wrote: »
    Me too - using mine to death, dread the day it stops working. While I appreciate the lightness of the new one the loss of the high fidelity screen irks me. Ah if only I had the cash, but who knows if or when it happens there's always ebay or adverts I guess :(

I have been thinking of getting a Vita for a while. Ideally I would hold of for a couple of months but as ye have pointed out the original is the better piece of kit so if I was to get a Vita that would be the preferred option. Any idea is there many left in stock? Would there be any left come the end of the summer?

It seems like it is a very good handheld but my main concern is the lack of games available that I would be interested in. I am a big fan of the Uncharted series so I would pick up Golden Abyss but other than that I am not really too keen on any other games that are currently available. It is hard to justify buying it, cheap and all as it is, for the sake of one game. Is there any notable games on the horizon?

I dont really get the argument of no games for the vita. Granted it doesnt have the latest fifa, cod or battlefield but at moment on my card i have ff-x, persona 4, killzone mercenary, hotline miami, fez, tearaway, mgs hd collection, guacamelee and spelunky. You also have borderlands 2 and minecraft on the horizon. I know some of those are available on other machines but for a portable device i think its a pretty good selection of games

I dont really get the argument of no games for the vita. Granted it doesnt have the latest fifa, cod or battlefield but at moment on my card i have ff-x, persona 4, killzone mercenary, hotline miami, fez, tearaway, mgs hd collection, guacamelee and spelunky. You also have borderlands 2 and minecraft on the horizon. I know some of those are available on other machines but for a portable device i think its a pretty good selection of games

I'm not saying there isn't a wide variety of games available, just that I am not that interested in those that are. Now that you mention it is Killzone Mercenary any good? I have heard some people saying it's fantastic and others aren't so keen on it.

• Advertisement

Thinking of getting a vita. Is the old model better than the new slim model?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The OLED screen on the old model is superior to the new LCD screen on the slim, the colours looks really washed out on the slim model.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCjuWddub9Trw-ujsr7fFvFWA7byzWE-YG70sj7KMg_JonAbm4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Old model all the way. OLED screen is amazing. They're on sale at the minute in smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

Xenji wrote: »
    The OLED screen on the old model is superior to the new LCD screen on the slim, the colours looks really washed out on the slim model.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCjuWddub9Trw-ujsr7fFvFWA7byzWE-YG70sj7KMg_JonAbm4

the oled screen is truly amazing! the images don't do it justice. i've used both and got a spare oled recently.

its not just a games console either, i watch films and youtube on it too and on this screen its a joy. i'd recommend the old oled any day before a slim.

on a different note, trying to buy Spelunky in the easter sale now and keep getting an error. some sort of bug

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita-Support/PS-Store-purchase-bug/td-p/43333600

anyone else have this error?

Cheers lads. Would Smyths be open Good Friday does anyone know?

no idea - maybe cos of the easter holidays? just to let you know too, the vita slim has more differences too. more memory, better battery life etc google it there just in case these things outweigh the screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Redo91 wrote: »
    I have been thinking of getting a Vita for a while. Ideally I would hold of for a couple of months but as ye have pointed out the original is the better piece of kit so if I was to get a Vita that would be the preferred option. Any idea is there many left in stock? Would there be any left come the end of the summer?

It seems like it is a very good handheld but my main concern is the lack of games available that I would be interested in. I am a big fan of the Uncharted series so I would pick up Golden Abyss but other than that I am not really too keen on any other games that are currently available. It is hard to justify buying it, cheap and all as it is, for the sake of one game. Is there any notable games on the horizon?

get a vita and a psplus subscription and gravity rush is free at the moment along with uncharted and some other decent games like sly cooper, hotline miami and moto gp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

breadbin wrote: »
    no idea - maybe cos of the easter holidays? just to let you know too, the vita slim has more differences too. more memory, better battery life etc google it there just in case these things outweigh the screen!

Nothing outweighs the screen. It's what makes the Vita so special. Not having the beautiful OLED screen is just sucha a backward step for the system. Sure it looks ok but seriously when you still have the choice it's as the yanks would say a no brainer.

Hmm.. My vita seems to be in a bit of bother. It was frozen earlier so I decided to rebuild the DB. Now it's frozen on that and powering off doesn't seem to do anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Hmm.. My vita seems to be in a bit of bother. It was frozen earlier so I decided to rebuild the DB. Now it's frozen on that and powering off doesn't seem to do anything :(

My bro had problems with his. He sometimes got a white line accross the screen. He contacted Sony and had to send it back to the UK.

• Advertisement

Nothing outweighs the screen. It's what makes the Vita so special. Not having the beautiful OLED screen is just sucha a backward step for the system. Sure it looks ok but seriously when you still have the choice it's as the yanks would say a no brainer.

That's the way I look at it with the screen (no pun intended). If I can't get my hands on the original I don't think I will bother with the slim. How does the battery in the original compare to the slim do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Redo91 wrote: »
    That's the way I look at it with the screen (no pun intended). If I can't get my hands on the original I don't think I will bother with the slim. How does the battery in the original compare to the slim do you know?

The new slim vita has two hours more battery then the OLED model.

Personally I would have no problems "upgrading" to the new slim model, the battery life, the use of a standard MicroUsb charging cable, and the new ergonomics of the slim would attract me more then losing some screen quality. It seems it's really only something you could notice when both are side by side anyway. My vita is just something I pick up for an hour at a time and mess around on so this new one ticks all the right boxes for me personally.

Right my Vita seems good again.

By the way, I bought the Bot pack for Killzone Mercenarys. It's 2.49. Probably won't play it until the end of the month when I'm on a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd consider upgrading to the new Vita for the MicroUSB, Battery, and the LCD screen. My OLED Vita has a load of those black lines, and they really bug me. I'd imagine they had something to do with Sony's switch to LCD.

DjFlin wrote: »
    I know I'm in the minority, but I'd consider upgrading to the new Vita for the MicroUSB, Battery, and the LCD screen. My OLED Vita has a load of those black lines, and they really bug me. I'd imagine they had something to do with Sony's switch to LCD.

i think they are inherent in oled technology! gave me a bit of a shock when i seen them first. can't see them now at all unless its pitch black.

DjFlin wrote: »
    breadbin wrote: »
    i think they are inherent in oled technology! gave me a bit of a shock when i seen them first. can't see them now at all unless its pitch black.

Is this the case with all OLED screens? I assumed the OLED screen is hands down better than the LCD but the black lines sound a bit annoying assuming they aren't an issue with the LCD screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Don't have black lines on my oled but in the dark I can see shadows (no better way to describe it) on certain sections, never move. Only really visible when the screen is black or if that section is black during gameplay, otherwise you wouldn't notice them. Irrespective think the quality of the oled is just amazing. Hoping mine lasts a very long time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh god damn it anyway... looks like I have to format my memory card.

After creating a US account I said I'd set up one of my cards. Didn't realise it was such a pain and that I'd have to do the same process every time.

Anyway went to put my other card back and now every time it's stuck on database rebuilding. :(

Good thing I'm finished with most of the games on it in terms of saves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've got a Card for each account which is only slightly less annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement