Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Redo91 wrote: »
    Is this the case with all OLED screens? I assumed the OLED screen is hands down better than the LCD but the black lines sound a bit annoying assuming they aren't an issue with the LCD screen.

From my experience its a Sony thing to release version one with all singing all dancing parts to get the better reviews and after a time drop back a little.

My OLED Sony MP3 Walkman X Series player lasted a year before they dropped the oled screen for LCD and better battery life, Also back in the day I remember always buying version one of headgear from them as it was always dropped back a level shortly after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Played Limbo and would recommend it. Easy on the eye, atmospheric and good puzzles throughout.

Just got Stealth Inc and have one level played this evening, enjoyable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

Is this the case with all OLED screens? I assumed the OLED screen is hands down better than the LCD but the black lines sound a bit annoying assuming they aren't an issue with the LCD screen.

don't worry about them - you won't notice them. the vita is known to have an amazing screen and it wouldn't get this praise with annoying shadows.

seriously i'd have to say the vitas screen for me is light years ahead of anything else i own. the only thing that comes close is my 17" sony trinitron crt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I am thinking of picking up a ps vita slim today if possible, gamestop seems to be the only option.
    I have PS+ and a PS so I was thinking that the indie bundles seemed to be the best option.
    Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

fenris wrote: »
    I am thinking of picking up a ps vita slim today if possible, gamestop seems to be the only option.
    I have PS+ and a PS so I was thinking that the indie bundles seemed to be the best option.
    Any thoughts?

Depends have you been adding the PS+ games to your account when they came out, as otherwise you won't get any of the games that have already left the IGC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

walking dead season 2 finally out on vita on wednesday i think. been waiting for this one so stocked up on psn credit yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

walking dead season 2 finally out on vita on wednesday i think. been waiting for this one so stocked up on psn credit yesterday :)

bout time, it suits the vita format so I held off buying it on ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

krudler wrote: »
    bout time, it suits the vita format so I held off buying it on ps3

It is supposedly coming out on the PS4 as well in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm playing through Little Kings Story at the minute. Its pretty damn addictive. About 5 hours in and I've only opened the island up for full exploration.

Anyone play this one through? Any idea how many hours it is? I've tried googling it but cant seem to get a proper idea. People just saying its a time sink which I expect but how much?

As far as time sinks I'm thinkin of getting myself the new Ys game. I like the look of the real time combat and its getting good reviews. I've never been one much for RPG's but I'm coming to the conclusion that its just me not liking the random battle sequences so maybe the Ys series would suit.

I didnt think I'd like New Little Kings Story but I was very wrong there.

I really want to like the RPG category as the Vita has a wealth of them out there and with the standby function on the Vita I think they can suit people like me a bit more with short burst of an hour here a half hour there where as before you were waiting on save points etc..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I enjoyed New Little Kings Story, especially considering I never would have played it if it hadn't been on PS+. It took me approx 25 hours to clear the game but if you're going for the Platinum trophy it took me about 55 hours to get.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I enjoyed New Little Kings Story, especially considering I never would have played it if it hadn't been on PS+. It took me approx 25 hours to clear the game but if you're going for the Platinum trophy it took me about 55 hours to get.

Platinum trophy eh no thanks.

I'm happy to just complete/finish games these days where possible.

25 hours I think can deal with once it doesnt get frustratingly difficult. Thanks a mil for the reply. Nice to know what I'm up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Anyone playing Destiny of Spirits? It's surprisingly good for a F2P game and lets you progress without needing to pay for the privilege. The servers seem down a lot which is my only gripe.

Anyone into TCGs or even Pokemon should definitely give it a shot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guys, little help?

Looking at trying to price a PS Vita with FFX/X-2.
    Strikes me the Vita is about €200 in Gamestop (and a free game with that by the looks of it).
    Final Fantasy another 40 quid.
    Would I need a memory card as well? Think i read that FFX-2 came as a download code so would presumably need a memory card. 8gb looks to be another 20 quid.

Looking at the PS store online, I could download them but I don't think they'd both fit on a single 8gb memory card, and there's other games I'd want to download too....

But would I be looking at €260 then? Would it be safe to go second hand on the Vita? Seems to cut a good €50 off but then i also don't seem to get a free game from gamestop...

Any help is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

The gamestop deal for the €199 Vita Slim includes a 4G card with a voucher download codes for a mega pack which has a few games on it. (just got it at the weekend)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Guys, little help?

Looking at trying to price a PS Vita with FFX/X-2.
    Strikes me the Vita is about €200 in Gamestop (and a free game with that by the looks of it).
    Final Fantasy another 40 quid.
    Would I need a memory card as well? Think i read that FFX-2 came as a download code so would presumably need a memory card. 8gb looks to be another 20 quid.

Looking at the PS store online, I could download them but I don't think they'd both fit on a single 8gb memory card, and there's other games I'd want to download too....

But would I be looking at €260 then? Would it be safe to go second hand on the Vita? Seems to cut a good €50 off but then i also don't seem to get a free game from gamestop...

Any help is appreciated.

I would go with the Smyths deal if i was you i think its the best deal around at the min for the Vita and its the better older vita with the OLED screen so brighter and better pictures then games. The new Silm vita as a LCD and games can looked washed out on it.

http://www.toys.ie/-PlayStation-Vita-Console-Plus-FREE-LEGO-Mega-Pack-!132249-prd.aspx

I would go for this deal if i was you as its 170 euros new with loads of lego games and a 16GB card i say you can easily get a FF10 HD for about 30 euros online so all in 200 euros a extremely better deal then gamestop.

There is also a disney pack as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anybody have an idea how long the stock of the original PS Vita stock will last? Thinking of picking one up but wont have the money until late summer/early autumn.

Anybody have an idea how long the stock of the original PS Vita stock will last? Thinking of picking one up but wont have the money until late summer/early autumn.

I'd say they'll be gone by then but you could be lucky and get a great deal either it's hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Persona 4 Golden can currently be got for €28 delivered through a seller on Amazon. Cheapest I've seen outside of big sales. I STILL haven't picked it up despite hearing so many good things about it for so long.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What time do they update the vita store so I can get demon gaze?

What time do they update the vita store so I can get demon gaze?

A lot of games are midnight or 1AM on the day but that's usually only for the big AAA games, it'll likely be the afternoon tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I would go for this deal if i was you as its 170 euros new with loads of lego games and a 16GB card i say you can easily get a FF10 HD for about 30 euros online so all in 200 euros a extremely better deal then gamestop.

There is also a disney pack as well.

Hey, just some follow ups....

Seems a really good offer. You sure it comes with a 16GB memory card? And what Lego games does it come with exactly? Can't see those sorts of details listed on that site anywhere. If I did, I'd likely move to get that in the next few days. Looks a good offer if true...

EDIT: Also...

What's the battery like on it?

And finally...was just reading...I presumed that since they were playable on PSP, that PSOne Classic games would be playable on PS Vita as well, but I saw some stories today that that might not be the case :S

Battery is decent.
    And finally...was just reading...I presumed that since they were playable on PSP, that PSOne Classic games would be playable on PS Vita as well, but I saw some stories today that that might not be the case :S

A lot of games do run and can be downloaded, recently more games were added as compatible but they were taken off again. There are some games that run that need to be added using a PS3 as they do run but the vita won't download them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Hey, just some follow ups....

Seems a really good offer. You sure it comes with a 16GB memory card? And what Lego games does it come with exactly? Can't see those sorts of details listed on that site anywhere. If I did, I'd likely move to get that in the next few days. Looks a good offer if true...

EDIT: Also...

Ya says on the box 16GB
    12986507454_b7e3fa5278_z.jpg

The games are
    LEGO Harry Potter: 5-7 Years
    LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes
    LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
    LEGO Batman: The Videogame
    LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
    LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

The battery is grand still holds up after 2 years with it 4+ hours is about right

The PS one games work no problem for me for the ones i have on mine just the crash, syprio and GEX games and thats about it

Also i am picking up Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havo tomorrow for 20 euros here great things about it but i am confused in what kind of game is it like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Also i am picking up Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havo tomorrow for 20 euros here great things about it but i am confused in what kind of game is it like ?

Think of a mixture of Ace Attorney, Virtue's Last Reward and the art style of Persona, it is a great game but it is all point and click with no fighting, its sequel Goodbye Despair is coming out in September and will be a lot darker.

Ya says on the box 16GB

The battery is grand still holds up after 2 years with it 4+ hours is about right

The PS one games work no problem for me for the ones i have on mine just the crash, syprio and GEX games and thats about it

Fair enough with the card; it's just that I can't see it specified on the site at all that it's 16gb, and have seen the Lego bundle can come on 8gb cards as well. 16gb would be brilliant.

4+ sounds great. My PSP seems to be struggling to get half that right now, which would cause problems on the long journey I am planning on taking and looking for games to play on :P
    Varik wrote: »
    A lot of games do run and can be downloaded, recently more games were added as compatible but they were taken off again. There are some games that run that need to be added using a PS3 as they do run but the vita won't download them.

Any idea if FF9 plays ok? (Yes, this is becoming a FF machine of sorts for me :P).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ff9 play fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is Demon Gaze out today on the store today? I think I seen on the update message board it is not out until next week.

Is Demon Gaze out today on the store today? I think I seen on the update message board it is not out until next week.

Ya suppose to out today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It is on the store but no price to buy it, only a video to download, I am going up to Newry in a couple of hours and will pick up a copy in GAME if they have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

check out the psplus thread for some freebies courtesy of Allyall

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement