Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It is on the store but no price to buy it, only a video to download, I am going up to Newry in a couple of hours and will pick up a copy in GAME if they have it.

Still not up on the store and it wasnt in my local game stop either, in actual fact they didnt have any ps vita games and it was the same in the cork city one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Anyone have or played Football Manager yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well damn. The Smyths 170 quid offer with the 16gb card is out of stock :(

Any other suggestions? Not seen such a good offer anywhere else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well damn. The Smyths 170 quid offer with the 16gb card is out of stock :(

Any other suggestions? Not seen such a good offer anywhere else :(

You can get the Vita Tearaway bundle and a 16 gig card from Amazon.de for €182 http://www.amazon.de/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-inklusive-Tearaway/dp/B00EP7ZK40/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398458128&sr=8-3&keywords=ps+vita

Never ordered off any Amazon but the UK one? Think it would be safe enough to get it from that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

GAME in Newry didn't get Demon Gaze in, was on their bulletin to be released today but no luck, I am going to Lisburn or Belfast on Sunday so may have better luck, the guy on the psn blog names begins with J, said it will be on next weeks release so next Wednesday on PSN.

Never ordered off any Amazon but the UK one? Think it would be safe enough to get it from that one?

The German one is grand, have got a lot of stuff off of them and the Vita deal is cheaper than the UK one, all the Amazons usually have different prices on stuff so it pays to shop around the 4 EU ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You can use your Amazon UK account on the DE store too, so you don't have to create a new account.

Will try it then. Would worry about having to return it if it breaks, but that price looks great :D thanks.

Edit...something just hit me...will he charger be different if it's from Germany?

Will try it then. Would worry about having to return it if it breaks, but that price looks great :D thanks.

Edit...something just hit me...will he charger be different if it's from Germany?

It is the same and if anything happens, Amazon will honour it.

• Advertisement

I would have thought the plug sockets would have meant they were different....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I would have thought the plug sockets would have meant they were different....

The charger basically comes in three parts:
    - The usb lead
    - The adaptor
    - The plug lead

So it would be easy enough to switch the plug lead around - It's a standard lead.

The one I got from Amazon.es had an adapter in the box for the plug.

So it would be easy enough to switch the plug lead around - It's a standard lead.

Ah, right. So if I'm right, I could take the one from my PSP charger? Or basically any "Figure 8" lead from ebay? Looks like they are only 2 or 3 quid extra.

Sorry for all the questions btw. Just don't want to muck up. :pac:

EDIT: Actually, my PSP charger isn't a figure 8 :/

Xenji wrote: »

Sigh, sorry for all the posts and questions.

So following that link, it's not taking me to a 16gb Vita with the game for €182.

It's taking me to one for €149, and with no memory card at all :/

Edit: hang on, you mean get them separately don't you....I am an idiot...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So after much humming and hawing and the knowledge there was a Ys game I wasn't playing, I finally picked up a Vita this morning. Got the Sports Mega Pack for 170 in HMV: 3G model and 16GB card included, even if it's unlikely I'll ever use the 3G. Not much interest in most of the games (maybe Motorstorm RC and one or two others) but they're just bonuses on top of the console TBH and the price was definitely right.

The Plus back catalogue will keep me busy for a while, but I think the temptation to buy copies of Ys, Trigger Happy whatever and Tearaway will be too much to resist :/

€170 from HMV looks awesome. Cheaper than the Germany one and would be happier getting it from an "Irish" based site. Order placed :D

€170 from HMV looks awesome. Cheaper than the Germany one and would be happier getting it from an "Irish" based site. Order placed :D

How much was postage costs?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Same price in-store, I picked one up in Dundrum. Think you might get a LittleBigPlanet online though?

How much was postage costs?

€0

Had free shipping on orders over €20.

There was an option to get it within 1-2 working days for 5.50 extra, but said the free shipping would take 2-3 days, so not in that big a rush :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Got that deal in HMV and traded in Infamous second son and paid 130.Is Fm2014 worth it for 40.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Last week I got a Vita 3g, indie games pack (on a 4gb memory card) and Tearaway for 159 in Gamestop. It's not listed online, but you can still get this deal in store AFAIK.

The indie pack has some excellent games too - Limbo, Hotline Miami and Thomas Was Alone among them. The only downside is you just get a 4gb card with it - but it's still great value IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shane_oconnor

In GameStop you can get a 4GB memory card with 10 games for €25 or an 8GB with 10 games for €50 I'm not sure what the games are or if they are on disc because I was buying a memory card Friday and he showed me it but I just wanted a single one

EDIT: it is not on the website

Guys, do American imports work on European Vitas?

P4G is €39.99 digital or £11.99 on Amazon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Yeah I think they are region free

Yeah they are all region free, you should never pay more than about €32 for a Vita game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Physical games work, only issue is DLC which is usually region specific and on Vita you're only able to have 1 account at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The wifi oled vita is still available from videogamesplus.ca for €140 delivered. Also the wifi slim which is out in a little over two weeks is the same price but comes with borderlands 2 ( with all the dlc ) and an 8gb card fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

CombatCow wrote: »
    The wifi oled vita is still available from videogamesplus.ca for €140 delivered. Also the wifi slim which is out in a little over two weeks is the same price but comes with borderlands 2 ( with all the dlc ) and an 8gb card fyi.
    I assume you'd be susceptible for import duty on delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I assume you'd be susceptible for import duty on delivery?

No videogamesplus mark packages at a low value as to not get stopped.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement