Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

CombatCow wrote: »
    No videogamesplus mark packages at a low value as to not get stopped.
    That's fair enough. Nice to know for future but you'll always run the risk of it happening to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

No videogamesplus mark packages at a low value as to not get stopped.

videogamesplus wont let me create an account due to post code? what did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Just the town from my billing address.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

Just the town from my billing address.

Got it. i was being a tool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Vita sales are up in the EU, it has more AAA games coming and it also has more JRPG games coming as well which going by the last 6 or so months will be the bedrock of the Vita moving forward.
    In an exclusive interview with PSU, Shahid was asked whether the future of Vita lies mainly in indie development or whether we’ll see more triple-A titles. Shahid first off defended the influx of indie games on Sony’s latest handheld platform, but then said that more big budget games are on their way and will be more frequent if Vita’s sales figures continue to rise.

“First thing is, indie games are getting better and better all the time,” said Shahid. “The second thing is there are more top flight titles coming. Football Manager recently came out which is absolutely amazing. It’s the first title as far as I’m aware that allows you to cross save your PC game and continue where you left off on Vita which is something people have dreamt off for a long time with Football Manager."

He also spoke about Japanese role-playing games, revealing that we can expect to see a lot more coming to Vita in the future.

“Tales of Hearts is coming to the West, so there are a lot of JRPG fans that are absolutely delighted about Namco Bandai bringing that over, and there will be more,” he said.

Shahid then went to talk abouts low Vita sales in its first couple of years, but says things are picking up and if it continues to do so we can expect more mainstream developers to invest in big budget games.

“Frankly, we haven’t sold as many Vitas as we would have liked to have sold and the economic reality is that it costs a lot of money to make a triple-A game, and so they’re going to be few and far between until the numbers go up,” said Shahid.

“The good news is the numbers are going up. There’s a lot of love for the machine. It is selling. It is doing pretty well I would say, all things considered because the signs last year weren’t good and for us but numbers going up this year is really good news. With people like SEGA, people like Namco coming to the platform with some of their top flight games that’s a healthy sign as well, and I expect that to continue.”

http://www.psu.com/a023159/More-top-flight-titles-coming-to-Vita-says-Shahid-Ahmad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think you are being a bit optimistic Xenji but still it's good news.

Hopefully this trend will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Lets hope sony continue to aknowledge the love and support us gamers have for the Vita

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PS Vita arrived from HMV this morning. Also thrilled to find a copy of Little Big Planet was included in the package, which as far as I know, was not advertised on their site :D

Downloading FFX as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Managed to get my first plat for the Vita and hopefully not the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Managed to get my first plat for the Vita and hopefully not the last.

What was it? All my plats are on the vita!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭seamonkey92

Anyone reckon it's worth getting a vita?

What was it? All my plats are on the vita!
    It was hotline miami.I will going for my next plat on the vita Sly cooper thiefs of time and then I will sync that save and get the PS3 Plat
    I was in the same boat and I took the plunge and in my opinion it is well worth it

It is a great little handheld, been putting my PS4 to shame and my 3DS, it has a far better lineup than the 3DS this year as well, although depending on what games you usually play it might not be for you, it has a good mix, but some genres are lacking while others are blossoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I will going for my next plat on the vita Sly cooper thiefs of time

Im playing that now, it seems easy enough to get a platinum but im gonna need a bit of practise beating el jefe with full health, im shyte at boss levels!

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Im playing that now, it seems easy enough to get a platinum but im gonna need a bit of practise beating el jefe with full health, im shyte at boss levels!

El jefe was`nt that hard he just uses the same attacks.Add me on PSN my name is The-Joker-Beyond

Oh i know but i make stupid mistakes :pac: only just finished the england episode tonight so im a while off my platinum yet!

Oh i know but i make stupid mistakes :pac: only just finished the england episode tonight so im a while off my platinum yet!

I have only started The wild west one.Been Playing Hotline miami and some football manager on the vita

I wish you luck and ease in the search of the green bottles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I have only started The wild west one.Been Playing Hotline miami and some football manager on the vita

How is FM?

How is FM?
    It is very good for the handheld version.You can transfer your save between the computer and Ps vita version.

+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Hotline miami was my first too, it's actually my favourite game of the last few years tbh.

A tip for el jefe is tha the ttrot requires that you can't lose heath between checkpoints. If you do, reset at the previous checkpoint. You'll get there!

I finished the game and the thoughts of doing back through levels to pick up masks and check the map kills me!

Hotline miami is such a good game.I was`nt sure if I was going to like but it such a great game the soundtrack is unreal.I will be buying Hotline miami 2 when it lauches

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Demon gaze arrived just now .

Is there any good RPGs for the vita

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Loads. I'd recommend persona 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Loads. I'd recommend persona 4

It's half price on the PS Store for the next two weeks I do believe.

It's half price on the PS Store for the next two weeks I do believe.

Yeah I seen that is there a demo so i can check it out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Id say Persona 4 is one of the best games ever made, so I guess you can consider that a recommendation if you haven't played it.

Also the Ys series is a brilliant mix of RPG and fast action gameplay. Memories of Celceta is out on the Vita, or try the PSP titles if you haven't already.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Trails in the sky is a psp game but can be played on the vita which is very good,also +1 for the ys game.

• Advertisement

Demon gaze arrived just now .

Mine arrived yesterday, far more enjoyable than Conception so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement