Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is there any good RPGs for the vita

Persona 4 Golden, Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Atelier Totori Plus: The Apprentice/Adventurer of Arland, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, Muramasa Rebirth, Demon Gaze, Soul Sacrifice and Sorcery Saga.

If you are interested in Visual Novels, go for Zero Escape : Virtues Last Reward and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.

You have Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed, XBLAZE Code: Embryo and Mind Zero also coming out later this year, the latter three I would be wary of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭seamonkey92

Xenji wrote: »
    It is a great little handheld, been putting my PS4 to shame and my 3DS, it has a far better lineup than the 3DS this year as well, although depending on what games you usually play it might not be for you, it has a good mix, but some genres are lacking while others are blossoming.
    /

Yeah, the whole emulating thing is really appealing. Love to get the likes of FF games and MGS1 etc going on a hand held!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mine arrived yesterday, far more enjoyable than Conception so far.

Good to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Bought Persona 4 in the sale and have played about an hour and a half or so, but it's just been nothing but pressing x to move dialog on. Surely it's not like this the whole way through?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bought Persona 4 in the sale and have played about an hour and a half or so, but it's just been nothing but pressing x to move dialog on. Surely it's not like this the whole way through?

Takes a while to get going,stick with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Unless you're in a dungeon it will always be like that, the game has a lot of visual novel elements and is very dialogue heavy, but once it gets going you will be hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Started playing Everybody's Golf today. It seems to be a lot more complicated than the way I'm playing it but I haven't run into any tutorials yet so. Either way it's surprisingly enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The banter with Teddy is great though, well worth the button bashing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The first hour or two of Persona 4 is important but incredibly dialogue heavy. It's a small price to pay for the 70 hours plus of perfectly balanced, compulsive gaming that follows however :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's not boring or anything so far, just very yappy. I'll stick it out. Was just worried it was going to be like some of the old GBA RPG'S where the characters just talked and talked and talked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

What's the story with playing videos? Can you just copy an MP4 file onto it?

Persona 4 Golden, Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Atelier Totori Plus: The Apprentice/Adventurer of Arland, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, Muramasa Rebirth, Demon Gaze, Soul Sacrifice and Sorcery Saga.

If you are interested in Visual Novels, go for Zero Escape : Virtues Last Reward and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.

You have Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed, XBLAZE Code: Embryo and Mind Zero also coming out later this year, the latter three I would be wary of.

No way? FFX for vita?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No way? FFX for vita?

They remastered it and put it on PS3 and Vita.

They remastered it and put it on PS3 and Vita.

Brillant. Will be getting a PS vita very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

What's the story with playing videos? Can you just copy an MP4 file onto it?

Yes you can but only through the Content Manager Assistant software.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

What was the update for yesterday does anyone know?

In other news i have to say Im loving my Vita.

Serious back catalogue of games.

PS plus free games are helping me try games id never have gone for before like New little kings story. I'm nearly 9hours into it. Id never have bought it.

Some great Indie titles. Hotline Miami. Pure class!

Beautiful graphics and that OLED screen!!

Internet and youtube work surprisingly well on it. I use youtube a lot on it.

Loads of great titles coming. Maybe not a lot of AAA games but tbh that doesnt bother me one bit.

All in all it truely is an amazing little device. And for what you get its really cheap imo.

And that's all before using it for remote play!!

Sorry about the love in but i was only really thinkin about it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

PS plus free games are helping me try games id never have gone for before like New little kings story. I'm nearly 9hours into it. Id never have bought it.

Loads of great titles coming. Maybe not a lot of AAA games but tbh that doesnt bother me one bit.

All in all it truely is an amazing little device. And for what you get its really cheap imo.

I have been humming and hawing about getting a Vita for a while now but the last few posts in this thread have pushed me over the edge! I must get one this weekend.

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I have been humming and hawing about getting a Vita for a while now but the last few posts in this thread have pushed me over the edge! I must get one this weekend.

Do it!!

Try get the OLED screen version if you can. Smyths were selling the off could be all gone now though. Its the original version. Lower battery life but the screen is just so so beautiful.

PS plus has Gravity Rush, Murismasa and Uncharted in the freebies list currently. 3 pretty darn good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭jvrk

Any good deals on vita's at the moment?

It was to support the functionality added to the PS4 in update 1.70 that allows the PS4 and Vita to sync up for remote play automatically - basically, you no longer need to manually pair your Vita to your PS4, it detects that both are signed into the same PSN ID and auto-pairs them.

A minor change but one less annoyance for users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Otacon wrote: »
    It was to support the functionality added to the PS4 in update 1.70 that allows the PS4 and Vita to sync up for remote play automatically - basically, you no longer need to manually pair your Vita to your PS4, it detects that both are signed into the same PSN ID and auto-pairs them.

That would be handy. Are there any games currently available on PS4 that you can remotely play on a Vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

penev10 wrote: »
    That would be handy. Are there any games currently available on PS4 that you can remotely play on a Vita?

In theory they all should be. That's what the promise was

Ive played ff xiv,FIFA,Ac remotely on the vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Played Killzone remotely - just had issues with the L2/R2 buttons but otherwise fine (ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Yes you can but only through the Content Manager Assistant software.

Cheers

All games that do not use the PlayStation 4 Camera are compatible with Vita for remote play, though some are more suited to it than others (for instance, ACIV is awesome).

Yay.. oh wait I dont own a PS4. :pac:

The funny thing is the main reason I bought the Vita was in anticipation of the PS4 release and remote play from it but since I bought it I've been really impressed by its own content so much so that I've no intention of buying a PS4 until at least xmas. More likely well into 2015 tbh.
    Hopefully by the then there'll be some price reductions, bundles, new version of the hardware or whatever. It looks like it'll be a great bit of kit and should host some great exclusives down the line but theres just nothing of interest on there to me at the moment. Nothing interesting enough to justify spending money on it anyway.

PS ... I wish the Vita had 4 shoulder buttons. Just so that when the games are remotely played you dont have to use the touch pad but I suppose that another discussion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Does The Last of Us work with remote play does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Does The Last of Us work with remote play does anyone know?

I highly doubt it does on the PS3, but The Last of Us is coming to the PS4 soon and will be a much smoother experience compared to PS3 remote play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep really happy I got mine last month too. If I could add one thing it would be that we have Netflix app without having to jump through hoops... I can see no reason why Sony don't just release it already!

Loving PS plus thing too, have downloaded three full games for it so one more and it's it's paid out more than what I paid for it!

I'm hooked on Everybody's Golf! Not into Golf at all but for whatever reason this game has me hooked!

Only negative point is the price of the Memory cards is shocking. Its a pain that we don't have compatibles on the market.

Over all I'm over the moon with this little device and I was one of those people who said ;I have a smart phone, what do I need a handheld for?' ... I was so wrong!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement