Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

god's toy wrote: »
    Over all I'm over the moon with this little device and I was one of those people who said ;I have a smart phone, what do I need a handheld for?' ... I was so wrong!

Yeah the quality of vita games just can't match the stuff on mobile, I only have one game on my iPhone and that's the one I'm working on and have over 9 games on my vita atm, mostly indie stuff. The selection and quality of games on this hardware just can't be beaten IMO.

Also not into golf games generally, but the "Everybody's" series has been an exception, it's really fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I have had PS+ since the start so have every Vita game from that, 64GB card arrived from YesAsia.com .

Just trying to finish Uncharted first before touching anything else. The visuals are amazing, some of the scenery has my jaw dropping. (While getting shot at)

As for the Vita itself, I'm not too happy with the comfort and my big shovel hands. I know I have the OLED version but the new one with better battery and more comfort sounds great.

I mainly use it for travelling with work, great for flying, I see you can put MP4's on it, any other file types? What about comics? Any file types?

eddhorse wrote: »
    I have had PS+ since the start so have every Vita game from that, 64GB card arrived from YesAsia.com .

Just trying to finish Uncharted first before touching anything else. The visuals are amazing, some of the scenery has my jaw dropping. (While getting shot at)

As for the Vita itself, I'm not too happy with the comfort and my big shovel hands. I know I have the OLED version but the new one with better battery and more comfort sounds great.

I mainly use it for travelling with work, great for flying, I see you can put MP4's on it, any other file types? What about comics? Any file types?

Get one of these, they are a godsend, can't use my vita without it cause of hand cramps: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006LM2Y5A/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_Fpxztb0W4AP3C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I really like Muramasa Rebirth, fantastic game and very beautiful. Just started playing it yesterday.

I started playing the MGS HD Collection and MGS2 isn't really clicking with me. I find it very clunky, although I do realise it's a good few years old at this stage. Any tips on how to get into it?

CombatCow wrote: »
    Get one of these, they are a godsend, can't use my vita without it cause of hand cramps: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006LM2Y5A/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_Fpxztb0W4AP3C

Ordered and thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I really like Muramasa Rebirth, fantastic game and very beautiful. Just started playing it yesterday.

I started playing the MGS HD Collection and MGS2 isn't really clicking with me. I find it very clunky, although I do realise it's a good few years old at this stage. Any tips on how to get into it?

The controls for the MGS collection are bogey for the Vita.Better off playing the PS3 version

Anyone know where to cheap Ps vita memory cards

The controls for the MGS collection are bogey for the Vita.Better off playing the PS3 version

Anyone know where to cheap Ps vita memory cards

A 16gb card from videogamesplus or Amazon uk is €30 delivered.... Think that's pretty reasonable myself.

A 16gb card from videogamesplus or Amazon uk is €30 delivered.... Think that's pretty reasonable myself.

28 euro in CEX as well might go for CEX.They sell 4 gb cards in CEX for 6.00

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

31.99 in argos now, worth the 2 quid to avoid the wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

When is God of War collection released on the PS Vita, I thought it was this month :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cheapest place for football manager anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

bombs away wrote: »
    When is God of War collection released on the PS Vita, I thought it was this month :confused:

I can't post the link but they posted in the Playstation Blog today that it would be out next week, and its cross-buy ;)

ssba91 wrote: »
    I can't post the link but they posted in the Playstation Blog today that it would be out next week, and its cross-buy ;)

Excellent, I was hoping it'd turn up soon

Hmm according to that blog God of War is out today I cant see it on the store though

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

krudler wrote: »
    Hmm according to that blog God of War is out today I cant see it on the store though

It seems I misread the post thinking it said next week, if its released this week then it will probably be on the store sometime tomorrow during the normal store update.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Cheapest place for football manager anyone?

WowHD (or HDWow) seems to be the cheapest at about €34.

Would be interested to know if anyone knows anywhere cheaper though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is FM worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

WowHD (or HDWow) seems to be the cheapest at about €34.

Would be interested to know if anyone knows anywhere cheaper though.

Thanks. I'm tempted but I was hoping for under €30 so I might wait a bit for a price drop or another cheaper site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Is FM worth getting?

I reviewed it. If you like football manager games, FMC2014 is a well-made port of it to Vita. The cross-save between it and the PC version is probably the biggest advantage it has.

• Advertisement

Is FM worth getting?

Yeah Its very good for the handheld version

ssba91 wrote: »
    It seems I misread the post thinking it said next week, if its released this week then it will probably be on the store sometime tomorrow during the normal store update.

its up now, 24.99 bit steep but i suppose the cross buy makes it worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

So i have the God of war collection on disc for my PS3 does this mean i will not have to buy it for my vita or was it only if i downloaded it from the PS store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

The font on FM is tiny though. I keep accidentally tapping on something else. It's getting annoying and frustrating

Picked up Persona 4 and it is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When is borderlands out? From the reviews iv read from the slim bundle edition it seems pretty good, slimmed down but still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    When is borderlands out? From the reviews iv read from the slim bundle edition it seems pretty good, slimmed down but still good.

28th May just been confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Did anyone buy FF10 for the Vita? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

kaji wrote: »

It's great. Looks amazing too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

kaji wrote: »

Yes its very good and well worth the money,especially if you've never played the game before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement