Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Cool. Gonna try and get it somewhere on sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 polarax

I have decided to get a vita, but was wondering which one to go for! The new or old one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭hsianloon

polarax wrote: »
    I have decided to get a vita, but was wondering which one to go for! The new or old one?

If you never had the first vita with the oled, go get the second one, as youll never have missed the gorgeous screen, and seeing the LCD, its not all that bad, and theres better battery life, common usb cable. No reason to buy the older one now unless you get it cheaper than chips...

I have found one that comes with a mega pack, which is priced the same as the new one on the gamestop website. Is the only difference between the two the screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭hsianloon

polarax wrote: »
    I have found one that comes with a mega pack, which is priced the same as the new one on the gamestop website. Is the only difference between the two the screen?

Well to me the diff is (new vs old)

- lcd vs oled. oled is way better but a battery drain
    - has about 2 hours more of battery life (likely thanks to led..)
    - has a standard usb charger eg those on android phones
    - lighter and less fat ( this isnt really a game changer for me but might be for small handed people)
    - in built 1gb memory. Nice add on , but youre going to likely buy a memory stick anyway for the bigger games.*

check amazon, i got mine lot cheaper there than any irish sellers

• Advertisement

Yep amazon seems to be the cheapest. Thank you very much for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Hey, thinking about buying a PS Vita myself due to all the games stockpiled because of PS Plus, but I'm wondering if is the Borderlands 2 bundle over here as well?

I looked on some of the major retailers sites and there's no sign of it.

Found they the Borderlands vita bundle sell them on VideoGamesPlus for $200 CD, not bad as it works out around €135 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Found they the Borderlands vita bundle sell them on VideoGamesPlus for $200 CD, not bad as it works out around €135 :D

You will pay €30 delivery on top of that and big items like that bundle will not be called just cheap dvds, you will get hit with customs I have enquired about it before with them, although they have changed their shipping this year so you could ask them again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Smyths were selling them off at a decent price with a lego bundle and 16gb card, they only have this one online http://www.toys.ie/PlayStation-Vita-Console--Disney-Mega-Pack-Bundle-!133360-prd.aspx

Maybe walk into smyths and give them a try :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Xenji wrote: »
    You will pay €30 delivery on top of that and big items like that bundle will not be called just cheap dvds, you will get hit with customs I have enquired about it before with them, although they have changed their shipping this year so you could ask them again.

The slim vita works out at €165 delivered yeah. I got the gold wireless headset of them a few months ago, they marked it as a "Toy" with low value, didn't get stung for customs.

CombatCow wrote: »
    The slim vita works out at €165 delivered yeah. I got the gold wireless headset of them a few months ago, they marked it as a "Toy" with low value, didn't get stung for customs.

Yeah they have changed aspects of their shipping this year, was gonna get my Vita off of them early last year and they did not recommend it, might get the bundle off of them now as a present as it is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yes its very good and well worth the money,especially if you've never played the game before.

Did you find any of it harder this time round?

- don't remember the Requiem Temple Race being so hard
    - the 200 lightning strikes. Done this two or three times before. On the Vita my record is maybe 6 ?!?
    I'm dreading the chocobo training for Tidus' celestial weapon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Did you find any of it harder this time round?

- don't remember the Requiem Temple Race being so hard
    - the 200 lightning strikes. Done this two or three times before. On the Vita my record is maybe 6 ?!?
    I'm dreading the chocobo training for Tidus' celestial weapon

No I actually found it a lot easier this time and a lot easier to get into, I hadn't played it since 02 so maybe that's why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Does anyone's vita screen have big black blotches on it when it's black on screen?

Mine does. Also the quality of remote play is not that great, like it's blurry, but I'm thinking that might be my vita connection because people are raving about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The screen issue is called OLED mura, and it's common with Vitas. Mine has it, but I only notice it on black loading screens.

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah they have changed aspects of their shipping this year, was gonna get my Vita off of them early last year and they did not recommend it, might get the bundle off of them now as a present as it is great value.

If you get the bundle let me know how you get on :)

Ordered it today, will let you know in 10-12 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is borderlands out next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Its on the 30th same week as Watch Dogs.

Did anyone else pick up God Of War for the vita and how are people finding it ?.

The none gameplay parts EG cutscenes are bad but the game play is great no less of FPS and i dont think it looks bad as its what 9 years old now ?

• Advertisement

Was out on the 13th in the US if you want to get it from VGP.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its on the 30th same week as Watch Dogs.

Did anyone else pick up God Of War for the vita and how are people finding it ?.

The none gameplay parts EG cutscenes are bad but the game play is great no less of FPS and i dont think it looks bad as its what 9 years old now ?

I got it, yeah the fmv scenes look awful but it plays fine, makng my way through the 2nd game at the mo its still the best of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is amazon the best place to get a 32gb card?

DeSelby83 wrote: »

If you are willing to wait you could save around €30 if you got it off Play-Asia, the Japanese memory cards will work on any Vita.

http://www.play-asia.com/psvita-playstation-vita-memory-card-32gb-paOS-13-49-en-70-4fak.html

DeSelby83 wrote: »

If you live near a CeX they sell them for €50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Heads up on a Vita games sale on in Harvey Normans..Sweet fricken deals. Thats all I'm gonna say for now ;)

Heads up on a Vita games sale on in Harvey Normans..Sweet fricken deals. Thats all I'm gonna say for now ;)

Care to elaborate :D

Was looking at videos of borderlands and it doesn't look great tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was looking at videos of borderlands and it doesn't look great tbh.

I'd expect it to be a good deal below the PS3/360 but as you can't capture directly it's bound to look ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Varik wrote: »
    I'd expect it to be a good deal below the PS3/360 but as you can't capture directly it's bound to look ****e.

The reviews have said it as well post to be very bad all rounds and FPS hit single numbers in some parts :eek:.

But still dont know to cancel my pre order as its only 20 pounds. I also like having games to play on the vita as it gets a lot more use then my PS4.

Even with the few problems i just like the idea of pick up and play for borderlands and not having to load up the game every time you play it.

One of the main reasons why i love the Vita one the best games console i have ever owned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement