Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Still no sign of a demo machine in the game in cork :(
    Gamestop in Limerick will have the demo model next wednesday, I think most are getting them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What was the price off Amazon meant to be.

I remember it being £219 with a 8GB card and then an option of £15 for a game from their list, but now the price is listed as £214 with the same deal but my order reads as £239 for the full vita+8gb+game (224 + 15).

I know that Amazon will charge the current price at release if it's lower but is it Irish vat that messing with it (should it not be at UK rate as it's in the EU), any ideas.

Edit: Place a second order and cancel at the end, with the bundle it's now £235

Varik wrote: »
    What was the price off Amazon meant to be.

I remember it being £219 with a 8GB card and then an option of £15 for a game from their list, but now the price is listed as £214 with the same deal but my order reads as £239 for the full vita+8gb+game (224 + 15).

I know that Amazon will charge the current price at release if it's lower but is it Irish vat that messing with it (should it not be at UK rate as it's in the EU), any ideas.

Edit: Place a second order and cancel at the end, with the bundle it's now £235

there was no need to cancel your order i did that bundle also and 48 hours in my order section it was lowered to what it was now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Amazon always add the VAT on to the price they display. In reality the offer is 214 + 15 + VAT, which adds to 235

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Gravity Rush looks amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Does anyone know if Xtravision ever do bundles. I have E180 quid worth of vochers to get rid off and the vita would fit the bill quite nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

there was no need to cancel your order i did that bundle also and 48 hours in my order section it was lowered to what it was now

Didn't cancel the original order, just the second one i tried to check the final price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

11 days :D by monday it'll be single digit days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianmcdon

cloud493 wrote: »
    11 days :D by monday it'll be single digit days :D

Have to wait until Saturday the 25th. I have a feeling I'm going to have a couple of long days waiting, while hearing about how much fun your all having and how awesome it is!

brianmcdon wrote: »
    Have to wait until Saturday the 25th. I have a feeling I'm going to have a couple of long days waiting, while hearing about how much fun your all having and how awesome it is!

25th tis my birthday ;) Asking for vita games with it :p

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    25th tis my birthday ;) Asking for vita games with it :p

It's a late birthday present for me, have to wait until I return home from college to get it. Think I'll go all downloadable on the games.

Well you'll get a discount :) I'l get staff discount on it from HMV, so its ok for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Gamestop in Limerick will have the demo model next wednesday, I think most are getting them then.
    The one in the Crescent or the one in the city? Might get my hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

ShaneU wrote: »

That looks beautiful. The vita is now outselling the psp in Japan and Tales of Innocence R is number 3 in the games chart. When Monster Hunter comes out sales of the vita will explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

The one in the Crescent or the one in the city? Might get my hands on it.
    The Cresent but I think they will be in all the stores comes Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hey I preordered one in GameStop today just heard about a preorder bundle does any one know if I should have got one or is it extra or limited stock? It was never mentioned and I seen no adds for it instore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Hey I preordered one in GameStop today just heard about a preorder bundle does any one know if I should have got one or is it extra or limited stock? It was never mentioned and I seen no adds for it instore

should have got one

caspa307 wrote: »

should have got one

Did you get one? Wasn't sure if everyone was to get one or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i preordered a wifi there earlier from Gamestop, i got the preorder pack, they had some stacked up behind the counter

BArra wrote: »
    i preordered a wifi there earlier from Gamestop, i got the preorder pack, they had some stacked up behind the counter
    Did you have to ask? I'll give them a call later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i mentioned it and the guy just grabbed one from the pile

ill give them a call so do you mind me asking which store you ordered in might help if they say they done do them or something. no major problem but if they are giving them for free might as well ask.

he latest Stuff Magazine has awarded the PlayStation Vita 5/5, & placed it 3 on their Gaming chart (PS3 is 1st, Xbox 360 2nd & 3DS 8th).

Stuff wrote:
    + Five minutes of Uncharted Golden Abyss and you'll realise the gulf that exists between this quad-core pocket console and the infantile, swipe-the-cute-little-animal games you play on your phone. The only real choice for full-fat gaming on the move.

Browsing the internet on the Vita is largely a very pleasant experience. As yet, there's no Flash support, pages don't render quite as quickly as they do on a smartphone, and there's a little softness when viewing a page from afar, but zoom in with a double-tap and text snaps into sharp focus. Multi-touch scrolling and pinching is extremely smooth, too.

Yes, it's pricey, but for 'proper' gaming on the move the Vita is in a league of its own.

- Sony's always been a bugger for proprietary peripherals and there's no change here. The USB/charge cable is a unique design, and rather than use SD cards for storage, you need a proprietary memory card. Many games require one, so it's pretty unforgivable that they have to be bought separately

We're still waiting for a stone cold classic of Super Mario 3D Land proportions.

Shame there's no HDMI output for TV play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone see this deal http://shop.lockerz.com/electronics/playstation-vita/psv-game-system-3g.html

Includes: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi System + 8GB Memory Card + AT&T DataConnect Session Pass + Free PSN Game
    Bonus $55 Value!

When you sign up you start with 500 points (lowering it to $275) and then you need to gain points to lower it down further. Points are very easy to gain, grab 1500 PTZ by watching five 300 point vids and you'll bring it down to $240. Also, it's worth noting you can grab Uncharted: GA for $35 as well.

I amassed around 2000 points and put the vita 3g bundle in my basket along with uncharted and it came to $307/232 euros. Only thing i'm worried about is it says taxes excluded on checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

God, I'm really looking forward to this. Haven't been this excited for a launch console since the GameCube. That didn't turn out too well long term though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Did you get one? Wasn't sure if everyone was to get one or not

yep

have 310 down in gs hopefully wiill have 400 by launch :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

yep

Nearly as bad as me! I've 450 down and I have a 100e gift card I might use!

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    yep

Nearly as bad as me! I've 450 down and I have a 100e gift card I might use!

Rang up they were out of stock but they are putting one by for me. Preordered FIFA and uncharted with 16gb card. Hope FIFA is as good as it looks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement