Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Care to elaborate :D

Well...HN Waterford has a few for sale ;) . I got Fifa 14 for €5 and Unit 13 for €4:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Well...HN Waterford has a few for sale ;) . I got Fifa 14 for €5 and Unit 13 for €4:D

Nothing in HN Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Think I'll hold off getting a Vita till after E3, there's meant to be a price drop

http://www.vitaboys.net/2014/05/sony-expected-to-drop-ps-vita-price-and.html?m=1

Nothing in HN Limerick.

Yehh...the bro said the same about Blanch.

HN Waterford had.

Wipeout 2048 €4
    Reality fighters €4
    Everybodys golf €4
    Fifa 13 €4

I got Fifa 14 and Unit 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

The screen issue is called OLED mura, and it's common with Vitas. Mine has it, but I only notice it on black loading screens.

It's really annoying.

Still, is remote play normally this blurry?

There's an awful lot of detail lost. I know people say it looks great, it looks pretty mediocre to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Yehh...the bro said the same about Blanch.

HN Waterford had.

Wipeout 2048 €4
    Reality fighters €4
    Everybodys golf €4
    Fifa 13 €4

I got Fifa 14 and Unit 13.

Many copies of FIFA 14 there yesterday?

Many copies of FIFA 14 there yesterday?

1, I got it ...but looking at the reviews of 14 ,its the same as 13 with newer kits (legacy edition)

http://www.avforums.com/review/fifa-14-legacy-edition-vita-review.9443

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If the vita gets a price drop I'd be tempted to sell mine before hand and buy a new one just due to that tiny mark that I mentioned before on my screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to start Muramasa rebirth this week
    tok9 wrote: »
    If the vita gets a price drop I'd be tempted to sell mine before hand and buy a new one just due to that tiny mark that I mentioned before on my screen.

Scratch or one of those weird black lines on the OLED that only show up when the screen is fully black?

Varik wrote: »
    Going to start Muramasa rebirth this week

Scratch or one of those weird black lines on the OLED that only show up when the screen is fully black?

No it's a mark.. barely notice it but it annoys me.. I'll look into showing in a pic

• Advertisement

Child of Light has been announced for Vita, releasing on the 2nd July.

Looks like a great game for Vita. Another one I'd love to see come over is Transistor but I reckon I'll have to get that on ps4 anyway.

Also here are the pics of the mark on my vita. It's a little more noticeable when you are holding it and playing it you can see several colours around it when playing at times.

dbb94ea4f572b2a439dc1313f2760c98.png

7f46cb83561e492658b51b7f290e26a2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Child Of Light coming in July.
    London, UK – May 20, 2014 - Today, Ubisoft announced that Child of Light™, the turn-based RPG set in the magical world of Lemuria, will release digitally on PlayStation® Vita on July 2nd at the price of £11.99. It will also release on PlayStation® Vita in a retail Complete Edition on the same day. This boxed edition will contain all additional game contents, including a bonus quest, a new character and a pack of collectibles.

I beat you Xenji! :P

A proud day.

tok9 wrote: »
    I beat you Xenji! :P

A proud day.

Lol I was too busy looking at your screen and did not see the post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I wonder is it cross-buy? Was thinking of getting it for PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Delighted Child Of Light is coming to the Vita was going to Pick it up for the PS4 today on to i seen this i am going to wait and play it on the Vita now as Rayman Legends was something else on the Vita.

Been playing God Of War 2 on the vita nearly done and dusted with it and can't wait as i know i shouldn't have played it right away after God Of War 1 as i think i am burned out from god of war nearly 20 hours of it in a week :/.

After that need to get back to everybody's golf. Is anyone here any good at putting ?. As i am shocking and i cent line up shots to save my life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Delighted Child Of Light is coming to the Vita was going to Pick it up for the PS4 today on to i seen this i am going to wait and play it on the Vita now as Rayman Legends was something else on the Vita.

Been playing God Of War 2 on the vita nearly done and dusted with it and can't wait as i know i shouldn't have played it right away after God Of War 1 as i think i am burned out from god of war nearly 20 hours of it in a week :/.

After that need to get back to everybody's golf. Is anyone here any good at putting ?. As i am shocking and i cent line up shots to save my life.

Im not doing too bad with putting in EG, im level 12 or something like that and my putting is getting better and better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Any other games like Muramasa Rebirth on the vita? I've knocked a lot of time out of it, given it was a free game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dragons Crown is the obvious one, same developers. I think it's a lesser game though - slower and more repetitive combat (a traditional scrolling beat em up like Golden Axe with some RPG element), more generic in terms of setting, and so hypersexualised you'd probably want to keep the screen down if playing on public transport! Still has its fans though, and worth a go if you really liked Muramasa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I don't have a Vita, but I saw this on Amazon Spain, and it seems to be a good deal..
    It comes €31.91 delivered. That must be a good price for the 6 games alone..

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00IMXNC2K/

The 16GB card is worth roughly the same on its own. £24.99 (€30.88)

16GB Card +
    -Lego Indiana Jones: The legendary adventure
    -Lego Batman: The Video game
    -Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: the Video game
    -Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars
    -Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
    -Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't have a Vita, but I saw this on Amazon Spain, and it seems to be a good deal..
    It comes €31.91 delivered. That must be a good price for the 6 games alone..

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00IMXNC2K/

The 16GB card is worth roughly the same on its own. £24.99 (€30.88)

16GB Card +
    -Lego Indiana Jones: The legendary adventure
    -Lego Batman: The Video game
    -Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: the Video game
    -Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars
    -Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
    -Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Great deal, might order one for my son, only worry is language might not be changeable and downloadable to Irish account. Will have to ponder those questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Great deal, might order one for my son, only worry is language might not be changeable and downloadable to Irish account. Will have to ponder those questions.

Those download codes will not work on an Irish PSN account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Those download codes will not work on an Irish PSN account.

Yeah, thought as much, shame because he is getting a 16 gb card anyway, would have been nice to get the games for effectively nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

When I access the Quick Settings menu (holding down PS button) the Network toggles are greyed out and untoggleable. Anyone know whats wrong?

Xenji did you get your Borderlands bundle yet?

Not yet, assuming it will be tomorrow.

Arrived today, marked as a present and had no hassle, gonna give it to my nephew for his birthday tomorrow.

Xenji wrote: »
    Arrived today, marked as a present and had no hassle, gonna give it to my nephew for his birthday tomorrow.

Great, gonna order one later :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone played borderlands yet? Is there as many issues as some people say there is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement