Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

This vita deal for the summer seems good value for those thinking of purchasing one.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/30/ps-vita-action-mega-pack-bundles-launches-summer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

This vita deal for the summer seems good value for those thinking of purchasing one.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/30/ps-vita-action-mega-pack-bundles-launches-summer/

That's a really nice deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Pissed off at gamestop today pre ordered Borderlands 2 for the vita paid it off as well and was told no game for you today and wait to after the weekend for it never called me our anything to tell me they never got it in for me.

Had to get the digital copy even do i wonted the boxed one. Some joke when you pre order a game and told no we never got it and wait to after the weekend to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Decent deal, but an 8GB card is very small, would want to budget for a 16 or 32GB card as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 BestNameever84

Money well spent,alot of fun to play with good games for vita being available on plus..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Accidentally let a visa game get into the washing machine today.
    ye'll be happy to know that the game still works!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Panthro wrote: »
    Accidentally let a visa game get into the washing machine today.
    ye'll be happy to know that the game still works!:D
    Visa make video games now?

Anyone here pick up borderlands 2 for the ps vita ?. How are people finding it ?

I picked up last week wonted a boxed copy had one pre ordered for a few weeks gamestop decided to tell me after queuing up for 20 mins no game for you ..... We only got one copy in and it's for some one else. So had to get a digital copy that's over 7GB with all the DLC on my card.

But there is a few problems every now or then with the frame rate dropping and textures not showing up on to you get close to them but you can still make it out what it is. But one thing I am finding from playing it on PC it's very dumbed down the AI and there is a lot less bad guys in areas then from the last time I played it on the PC. But it is a very good game all the same and other then the little problems I have been glued to it on the vita. Considering I also have watch dogs to play on the ps4 . I am nearly playing this more.

After playing god of war 1 and 2 also FF X on the vita it's a very good console for porting games. I just can't wait to get my hands on rachet and clack box set on the vita in a few months time :O.

There last year at gamescom there was this music festival sim showed that you can run your own one and pick all the music from indie bands from all around the world to play on the stages. Has there been any news on this since or just wait to e3 ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm waiting to hear any news on patches for it before buying.

If it is 7gb I'll be buying it physical so.. or at least hoping for another memory card price cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

There last year at gamescom there was this music festival sim showed that you can run your own one and pick all the music from indie bands from all around the world to play on the stages. Has there been any news on this since or just wait to e3 ?.

Later in 2014 forgot all about this looking forward to it now aswell!
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/14/promote-real-music-in-bigfest-on-ps-vita/

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm waiting to hear any news on patches for it before buying.

If it is 7gb I'll be buying it physical so.. or at least hoping for another memory card price cut.

It's 5GB for the game and 750mb each for the 4 DLC. No wait it's 8gb :O.

You will still have to download the DLC I think as I have not seen anyone on here with a box copy to say other wise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Can anyone recommend a good flight or space shooter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

fenris wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good flight or space shooter?

Super Stardust delta is good fun, Housemarque games are usually always good!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Visa make video games now?

Vita!(ya pup)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Starlight Inception seems like a good bet, if I can connect to the bloody store

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

4 vita playable games on plus out now :cool:

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
    Lone Survivor
    Dragon’s Crown
    Surge Deluxe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

ShaneU wrote: »

Lone Survivor
    Dragon’s Crown
    Surge Deluxe

I paid 30 quid at the start of the year for dragons crown, kinda wish id held out as I havent really played it much yet, but its a solid game !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ShaneU wrote: »

Lone Survivor
    Dragon’s Crown
    Surge Deluxe

haven't even started last months lot due to Mario kart. Delighted to see dragons crown cause it was on my want list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dragons Crown looked great, started out interesting and after about an hour of button mashing and a terrible loot system delved into repetitive mediocrity, for people who have not played it yet play with the archer if you want some variation in your play and a challenge, the melee classes have you pressing the same button over and over again and the magic users are weak till the middle of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bought Dragons Crown on launch day in Gamestop and it is still sealed, never got round to playing it due to college. Have downloaded it now so I have a relic in the sealed one.

Anyone buy Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection yet, am inclined to wait for a deal on it on Plus either a discount or in a sale as €39.99 is a lot for a downloadable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone buy Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection yet, am inclined to wait for a deal on it on Plus either a discount or in a sale as €39.99 is a lot for a downloadable game.

It is not great on the PS3, actually none of the HP games are great even if you understand how clichéd the characters are and how it is more of a parody than a serious game.

It looks like a pisstake kinda game so wait for a bargain price would be best, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Dragons Crown.... and so hypersexualised you'd probably want to keep the screen down if playing on public transport!

Didn't think it was too bad until I got to the Harpy with massive tits :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

started Lone Survivor last night, interesting little game reminds me of Silent Hill a lot, pretty atmospheric on headphones.

I picked up Dragons Crown ages back its ok in short bursts but gets repetitive alright, gorgeous looking game though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CombatCow wrote: »
    Didn't think it was too bad until I got to the Harpy with massive tits :o

It's worse that there's a load of hentai-esque NPCs you encounter later on in obscenely 'come hither' poses, juvenile stuff sadly. Also they probably should have chosen a less exaggerated character for the item shop too :pac:

Anyone pick up Football Manager yet, is on sale for €19.99 or €17.99 with plus, is it addictive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone pick up Football Manager yet, is on sale for €19.99 or €17.99 with plus, is it addictive?

I'm so tempted.. when does the sale end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've been tempted to buy it myself but I just keep reading bad impressions of it. The one common compalint seems to be the poor touch interface and general speed of the game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement