Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

Anyone pick up Football Manager yet, is on sale for €19.99 or €17.99 with plus, is it addictive?

wow the price dropped fast. It was 40 yoyos when it was released about a month ago

I've been tempted to buy it myself but I just keep reading bad impressions of it. The one common compalint seems to be the poor touch interface and general speed of the game

Yeah the interface is woeful. The buttons are so tiny that you frequently tap something else by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Brian017 wrote: »
    Yeah the interface is woeful. The buttons are so tiny that you frequently tap something else by mistake

Would you recommend against buying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone pick up Football Manager yet, is on sale for €19.99 or €17.99 with plus, is it addictive?

I have not played the Vita version, but yes it is highly addictive on the PC.

Would you recommend against buying it?

Well I mean it's still a decent game. The best handheld version of FM by far. The touch controls can take a while to perfect and get used to (maybe a stylus would help) but once you get used to it, its quite an enjoyable game and it even syncs with the Classic mode on the desktop version. If you're a fan of FM and need a FM fix on the go and are prepared to be frustrated for a while initially, you can't go wrong for €18 or €20. I quite like it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

deal of the week so ends early wednesday afternoon before the store updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I paid 40 for it a month ago, absolutely raging.

Very addicting game though, once you get over the interface that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ah screw it I'll pick it up tomorrow, just have to get €20 credit first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ah screw it I'll pick it up tomorrow, just have to get €20 credit first.

I put 20euro on Nadal when he was a set down earlier. Doubled my money. Bought Football Manager. Essentially a free game. Nice. It's downloading now along with the properly free June Plus games. I seriously need to give the vita more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

imitation wrote: »
    I paid 30 quid at the start of the year for dragons crown, kinda wish id held out as I havent really played it much yet, but its a solid game !

You can say the same for any game.

If you want it now go for it but anything that you're less sure of just wait as you've got Plus, PSN sales, and multiple PC sales (steam summer not far off).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

anyone interested in the vita tv release in eu/usa later this year,
    it would be pretty cool to play vita games on the big screen via the dualshock 3, looks like it will be around 99e for the unit on its own or 135e for the bundle (vita tv/lego movie game/8gb card/dualshock 3 &hdmi cable)

im pretty interested given how many ps plus games i have for vita, wipeout would be great on it id say

good article here with more info

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/what-is-ps-tv-10-things-to-know-about-playstation-tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

padz wrote: »
    anyone interested in the vita tv release in eu/usa later this year,
    it would be pretty cool to play vita games on the big screen via the dualshock 3, looks like it will be around 99e for the unit on its own or 135e for the bundle (vita tv/lego movie game/8gb card/dualshock 3 &hdmi cable)

im pretty interested given how many ps plus games i have for vita, wipeout would be great on it id say

good article here with more info

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/what-is-ps-tv-10-things-to-know-about-playstation-tv

I too am interested in the PS TV but I read an article on Kotaku earlier today and it seems that not all games are supported which is why sales dropped off significantly in Japan.
    Still prob get one though as there may be some good features to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Killzone Mercenary 18.99 in argos, best b&m or internet price around. might just get this now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Good offer for the Vita + 1 game in Gamestop for €150.

http://issuu.com/gamestopne/docs/ie-summer14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

sweetie wrote: »
    Killzone Mercenary 18.99 in argos, best b&m or internet price around. might just get this now.

Never played any Killzone but have an unused Vita here, is it worth a shot? Should I go and get a copy?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got tearaway for 15 in gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Never played any Killzone but have an unused Vita here, is it worth a shot? Should I go and get a copy?

Best game on the vita by a country mile. Highly recommended.

I want final fantasy X on the vita, but I can't get it for a decent price, and I already have both games on the PS3 so it seems a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

cloud493 wrote: »
    Best game on the vita by a country mile. Highly recommended.

I want final fantasy X on the vita, but I can't get it for a decent price, and I already have both games on the PS3 so it seems a waste.

Thats all I needed to hear :D

Off I go...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I got tearaway for 15 in gamestop.

Now that IS the best game on the Vita. I got platinum during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Question : If you completed Thomas was Alone 100% on PS3 and started it up on Vita would another set of trophies be available ?

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Question : If you completed Thomas was Alone 100% on PS3 and started it up on Vita would another set of trophies be available ?

No, for that game it's one trophy list shared between the two, if you earn them all on PS3 then you don't earn anymore on the Vita. I actually googled that yesterday. Sly Cooper, Sound Shapes and Mod Nation are 3 double platinum games though

I know Thomas was Alone isn't a platinum game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

van_beano wrote: »
    No, for that game it's one trophy list shared between the two, if you earn them all on PS3 then you don't earn anymore on the Vita. I actually googled that yesterday. Sly Cooper, Sound Shapes and Mod Nation are 3 double platinum games though

I know Thomas was Alone isn't a platinum game :)

I was just wondering because I completed it on PS3 and installed it on my Vita but no trophies appeared. A bit of a shame.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I was just wondering because I completed it on PS3 and installed it on my Vita but no trophies appeared. A bit of a shame.

I did it with Sly Cooper today, Platinum in 22 seconds, I feel so cheap! I did Platinum the PS3 version properly though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tearaway is amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yeah it is! My missus got it for me for Xmas. Lovely game. Would love to have time to go back to it. Just too many other games at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

" EMBRACE THE PATH OF UNCERTAINTY " :p

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

Xenji wrote: »
    Dragons Crown looked great, started out interesting and after about an hour of button mashing and a terrible loot system delved into repetitive mediocrity, for people who have not played it yet play with the archer if you want some variation in your play and a challenge, the melee classes have you pressing the same button over and over again and the magic users are weak till the middle of the game.

i found the same for Rainbow Moon, the first hour or 2 were fantastic and i was delighted that i could get into this and then 7 hours later still the same old same old. So much repetition and it got so boring fast. i don't mind repetition but was tough to keep it up.

am only about an hour into Dragons Crown now and can imagine it getting fairly repetitive with the side scrolling but i picked the sorceress to make it a bit more interesting!

also playing Dragon Quest IX and i'm making it repetitive as hell by trying to collect all the monster drops but its still interesting. its hard to get it right as a game designer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just picked up Borderlanders2 for 15Euro in GameStop in Blanch - they seem to have quite a few copies. Looking forwards to the cross play now as I miss not being able to play PS3 games remotely like you can with the PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Taltos wrote: »
    Just picked up Borderlanders2 for 15Euro in GameStop in Blanch - they seem to have quite a few copies. Looking forwards to the cross play now as I miss not being able to play PS3 games remotely like you can with the PS4.

Yeah its 15 online too, I'll pick it up for that, pity it has such poor reviews, I guess its a bit much to port it down to something like a vita.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement