Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

imitation wrote: »
    Yeah its 15 online too, I'll pick it up for that, pity it has such poor reviews, I guess its a bit much to port it down to something like a vita.

Out of stock atm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'd definitely pick it up for 15 euro.. Still hope they add some significant patches to the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I was in a few gamesstops over the weekend and borderlands was still 25 in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Well at least in the one in Blanchardstown Centre it is 15, box has 2 different stickers on it one indicating this is a sale price. Not sure about the other stores. Had tried in Smyths and Xtravision/HMV but could only find it here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Taltos wrote: »
    Well at least in the one in Blanchardstown Centre it is 15, box has 2 different stickers on it one indicating this is a sale price. Not sure about the other stores. Had tried in Smyths and Xtravision/HMV but could only find it here.

Yeah in Longford they had most Vita games reduced but borderlands wasnt. Maybe it just wasnt marked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

imitation wrote: »
    Yeah its 15 online too, I'll pick it up for that, pity it has such poor reviews, I guess its a bit much to port it down to something like a vita.

Is it really bad? I got it from the PS+ for the PS3 a while back, never played it. WOrth a shot on the Vita instead for €15?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Is it really bad? I got it from the PS+ for the PS3 a while back, never played it. WOrth a shot on the Vita instead for €15?

I found that it's a far far better playing online with 3 other people on the PS3. Otherwise, in the early stages at least before you level up, the combat is quite difficult and boring. TBH I wouldn't like to play it on the Vita nor would I like to replay it on the PS3.

van_beano wrote: »
    I found that it's a far far better playing online with 3 other people on the PS3. Otherwise, in the early stages at least before you level up, the combat is quite difficult and boring. TBH I wouldn't like to play it on the Vita nor would I like to replay it on the PS3.

Haha, ok I'm not gonna bother with it on either system so.

I would suggest getting a second opinion on it aswell, a lot of people liked the game. It is ranked No 8 on the popular games being played atm on PSNProfiles.com, that may be the PS+ influence there because you also have Pixeljunk shooter, Trine 2 and NBA 14 thrending on the same chart.

If I were you I'd watch a Walkthrough on Youtube of someone playing the first few missions, just so ya have an idea of the look of the game.

Yeah thats a good idea, might do that tonight. Ta

• Advertisement

I am loving it on the PS3, playing solo, found it a little difficult at first but it's all about levelling up and getting the best weapons. Looking forwards to playing on the vita (using cross save) shortly but will be primarily playing PS3, just finished the original first. Great game. As to the vita - I have found for most games if I don't expect too much I am never disappointed. e.g. Unchartered - loads of complaints - but I loved it. Will come back in a while with comments on the vita version but I am not expecting PS3 type graphics on it, but figure it will still be good fun if maybe a little buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I picked up borderlands 2 and tearaway for €15 each in Gamestop Stephens green

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Ah in fairness its a solid game, definitely worth playing on PS3 if you have the free psplus copy.

Problem is it got slated on Vita because at end of the day it can't replicate the graphics and framerate of a console/pc. Considering most reviewers and plenty of gamers have already played the full fat version console or PC version running at high frame rates, the vita version was always going to have an uphill struggle.

As a game its also quite centered around coop, and the vita at least still has 2 player coop, but its also fine single player.

I'm getting it as something that is a solid game to have in the cartridge slot if your looking for a short blast, its Diablo style loot means its got much more replay value than most shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Ughh, a friend just linked me to this article http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/219488/Sony_cutting_back_on_firstparty_games_for_PS_Vita.php

I can only hope it doesn't lead to a "Well if Sony don't value it, why should we" outlook from devs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If the increase in sales numbers is not just a blip, and the attach rate remains as high as it has been, I don't see the number of games coming to it falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

While I would like to see more AAA games on the vita, I do get the feeling that the sales of Killzone and Tearaway were very underwhelming so I don't completely blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You have 640 Vita games that have either been released or due for release and only 18 of them were developed by a Sony owned studio, I would not be worried unless the likes of Chunsoft, Gust, Nippon Ichi and Omega Force stop making games.

Vita - Borderlanders 2
    Taltos wrote: »
    Will come back in a while with comments on the vita version but I am not expecting PS3 type graphics on it, but figure it will still be good fun if maybe a little buggy.

OK so played for a good bit yesterday. Overall very impressed. The controls take a little bit of getting used to but overall quite a good port.
    Few issues - on the midget rider mission there was one section where due to the number of on-screen enemies it had a problem. I could see their gun flashes but until I got up close I could not see any enemies. Once I killed one or two it sorted itself out but I ended up running in circles trying to avoid gunfire and to kill these invisible shooters.

Only other oddity I saw was while on the claptrap mission some enemies "appeared" outside their tents (had heard them for a while), they materialised right beside me but didn't detect me until I started shooting...

May switch back to playing the PS3 but for the moment vita is my favourite way of getting my fix of this game. In some ways it seems easier - I'm not dying as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Just picked this deal up today. Looking forward to playing some of the free games built up through plus.

Cokeistan wrote: »
    Just picked this deal up today. Looking forward to playing some of the free games built up through plus.

Same here, some backlog of Vita games I have, just doing the Lego ones at the moment. Surge Deluxe isn't a bad game, it'll keep your brain working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Same here, some backlog of Vita games I have, just doing the Lego ones at the moment. Surge Deluxe isn't a bad game, it'll keep your brain working

Never really played any lego games before but will give em a shot now that I got a bunch free. Been hearing good things gravity rush and uncharted so will get stuck into those first

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Picked up sound shapes last week for about €5 on ps vita, what a deadly little fun game. Reminds me of nightsky crossed with thomas was alone and with great soundtracks.

A quick question about crossplay. I got guacamelee thru ps plus and started it on my ps3, now I tried to continue my game last night on my vita and it's failing to download from the cloud. any ideas? As far as i can tell the ps3 save is in the cloud..

sweetie wrote: »
    Picked up sound shapes last week for about €5 on ps vita, what a deadly little fun game. Reminds me of nightsky crossed with thomas was alone and with great soundtracks.

A quick question about crossplay. I got guacamelee thru ps plus and started it on my ps3, now I tried to continue my game last night on my vita and it's failing to download from the cloud. any ideas? As far as i can tell the ps3 save is in the cloud..

I've not done it on Guacamelee but if it's anything like Sly Cooper then what you do is - play the game on either platform, press start and there should be an option to save to the cloud via the ingame menu, then on the other platform you can select the save file from the cloud via its ingame menu. It's nothing to do with the actual playstation cloud that's in the xmb menu.

I could be wrong but that was how it worked on Sly Cooper. Let me know if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Finally got around to picking up Tearaway, looking forward to starting it this evening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just finished tearaway, amazing game, now to get 100% and get my first plat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Just finished tearaway, amazing game, now to get 100% and get my first plat.

Its a pleasure to play the game through again to clean up the trophies. The part I had the mose difficulty with was getting the last shreds on " the tear" (the ones down the narrow ramp to the left after a messenger is above you looking down).

Heres a good guide..But, play the game first and then use the guide to clean up as its a fantastic experience.
    http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/tearaway/218020-tearaway-trophy-guide-road-map.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

the whole looking at yourself part of the game is a bit strange but I only got the trial.. so im guessing its worth buying the whole thing considering all of you have given it a thumbs up! think I'll get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

After 2 and 1/2 years my cable to charge my vita has bit the dust as it does not charge my vita anymore i plug it in and get a orange light on my vita and then it gos after 20 or so secs.

Have ordered a 3rd party one online and i am wondering has anyone here ever used the 3rd party ones to charge there vita ?. How do they hold up over the Sony one ?

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    the whole looking at yourself part of the game is a bit strange but I only got the trial.. so im guessing its worth buying the whole thing considering all of you have given it a thumbs up! think I'll get it.

You wont regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

You wont regret it.

Great!

Also dunno if people know but the euro giant shops have a pack of three cables..one for ipod,DS and vita
    For two euro it aint that bad a cable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement