Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is little big planet vita worth €7 been looking at it for a while and this is the cheapest iv seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is little big planet vita worth €7 been looking at it for a while and this is the cheapest iv seen it

If you like LBP absolutely.. it's the best of the bunch imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

DeSelby83 wrote: »

I think its 4 or 5 euro preowned in gamestop at the minute.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone played one piece ? Looks insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Any recommended places to get a 32gb card?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gamestop has the god of war collection for €15. Doesn't run that great and you should definitely play the PS3 version if you can, but otherwise its still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone played one piece ? Looks insane.

Haven't seen it in stock anywhere yet, I will pick it up up the north next week if I don't spot it down here, love that series.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think maybe play Asia is the cheapest for memory cards.

Haven't seen it in stock anywhere yet, I will pick it up up the north next week if I don't spot it down here, love that series.

Its worth picking up so? I seen on it amazon for 26 sterling .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Taltos wrote: »
    Vita - Borderlanders 2

OK so played for a good bit yesterday. Overall very impressed. The controls take a little bit of getting used to but overall quite a good port.
    Few issues - on the midget rider mission there was one section where due to the number of on-screen enemies it had a problem. I could see their gun flashes but until I got up close I could not see any enemies. Once I killed one or two it sorted itself out but I ended up running in circles trying to avoid gunfire and to kill these invisible shooters.

Only other oddity I saw was while on the claptrap mission some enemies "appeared" outside their tents (had heard them for a while), they materialised right beside me but didn't detect me until I started shooting...

May switch back to playing the PS3 but for the moment vita is my favourite way of getting my fix of this game. In some ways it seems easier - I'm not dying as much.

I have played up as far as sanctuary. To be honest I love borderlands, so I have a lot of time for it. My first impression was how bloody good it looks, it really looks impressive. It got slated for looks, but to be honest for the screen size they are perfect. The menus though are straight out of the full version as well, which does mean some squinting to try and make out some stuff.

The biggest complaint everybody has about the fps in unfortunately true as far I can see, on the more grand open level maps (basically all of borderlands 2). Its makes it tough to do many of the frantic closeup fights you get in the game, or to accurately snipe. Its a realy shame, but I think the developers took a risk porting it and unfortunately the vita hardware fell a little bit short.

Still though, its not unplayable nor impossible to beat, and the fact I can easily play borderlands anywhere I like is nice, it will definitely be hanging around in my vitas card slot unless something better comes around.

If you happen to pick up a copy, make sure you get SHift codes and get some chest keys. The epic weapons you can get will help offset and problems with aim. Here is a link to a list

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think maybe play Asia is the cheapest for memory cards.

Its worth picking up so? I seen on it amazon for 26 sterling .

Tbh the last couple of games I have played(both on ds) have been ****e, no English voice only subs, I loved the tv series way back about 7 years ago, the gameplay on the two ds games was very substandard gimmicky crap. This one I would like a demo first. I am always suspicious when there is no demo for games like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The Ratchet & Clank Collection for Vita looks and plays really well and no frame rate drops of any kind from what i can see

Cant wait to get this on Friday !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The Ratchet & Clank Collection for Vita looks and plays really well and no frame rate drops of any kind from what i can see

Cant wait to get this on Friday !!!!!
    Yeah, but...it's only gonna be 30fps. Even though the PS2 originals were 60fps. So why is it having difficulty running on more powerful hardware?

Anyone played farming simulator :D?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone played tractor simulator :D?

Farming simulator?

Varik wrote: »
    Farming simulator?

Ya that's what is actually :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Ya that's what is actually :o
    Does this version keep the Somalian pirates and Iranian nuclear silos?

Updated borderlands 2 this morning as the update only showed to me today.

Since the update my touch pad does not work anymore for running :/ has anyone here had the problem and know of a fix for it as only have 2 more main story missions left but can easily use the cross save and use the PS3 version if there is no fix

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Updated borderlands 2 this morning as the update only showed to me today.

Since the update my touch pad does not work anymore for running :/ has anyone here had the problem and know of a fix for it as only have 2 more main story missions left but can easily use the cross save and use the PS3 version if there is no fix

I had to fully exit and re-enter the game - maybe reboot?
    For me the fix addressed the game freezing when I used the car to run over the billywogs on the mission to get the turbine parts...

Taltos wrote: »
    I had to fully exit and re-enter the game - maybe reboot?
    For me the fix addressed the game freezing when I used the car to run over the billywogs on the mission to get the turbine parts...

Going to try that when I get home to see what's up with it.

I was getting a huge amount of crashes over the last few days before the update so I hope it won't crash now as the amount of times I had to re play parts was nuts so I was just playing the boss fights on the ps3 one.

Also what lv would I need to be to fight jack at the end ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

No idea at level - not there yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

What game would you recommend to download that's less than €10?

shuffles03 wrote: »

Im tempted by rainbow moon for 7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

soundshapes if it's still reduced to 5.99

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Freedom Wars arrived in the post today, only briefly got a chance to play it before work, but gameplay wise it is fantastic and can see it being right up there with Persona Golden as one of the best games on the system if you ignore the pretty generic storyline.

Turns out it is not getting a retail release in the EU, it will only be a digital download, but you can always order it from VGP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Gravity Rush €9.99 - provided you didn't get it free with PS+ a while back.

Xenji wrote: »
    Freedom Wars arrived in the post today, only briefly got a chance to play it before work, but gameplay wise it is fantastic and can see it being right up there with Persona Golden as one of the best games on the system if you ignore the pretty generic storyline.

Turns out it is not getting a retail release in the EU, it will only be a digital download, but you can always order it from VGP.

Is it out this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is it out this year?

It still has a TBA 2014 date, same as Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines which I hope to have by the end of the month.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gamestop has the god of war collection for €15. Doesn't run that great and you should definitely play the PS3 version if you can, but otherwise its still good.
    I was buying this recently and was willing to shell out the 29.99 that was on the sticker, when I was told it was €15, I was amazed.

I think it runs brilliantly having played it on the PS as well. Probably my favorite game that I've played on the Vita so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I picked up the walking dead season 2 pass for 8.99 yesterday for the vita on psn. Now its back up to 19.99 on the weekly deals. Must have been an error.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I picked up the walking dead season 2 pass for 8.99 yesterday for the vita on psn. Now its back up to 19.99 on the weekly deals. Must have been an error.

Nah, it was until yesterday. They probably just haven't moved it out of the weekly deals section yet. I bought it for less than 6 euro for the PS3 in that deal but then found out there's no way to transfer my season 1 save data from the Vita to the PS3. Not the end of the world but a bit of a pain in the moobs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement