Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Bought Resident Evil.
    Ah, the memories.
    Played for about 25 minutes. Died. Put me right back at the start.
    I'd forgotten how hard gaming was back in the day.

No autosaves back then!

Are there are any good shoot em ups on the vita? looking for side scrolly bullet hell type ones, seems the perfect platform for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

krudler wrote: »
    No autosaves back then!

Are there are any good shoot em ups on the vita? looking for side scrolly bullet hell type ones, seems the perfect platform for them.

Hotline miami.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

krudler wrote: »
    No autosaves back then!

Sine Mora and Gaia Seed are pretty good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Flight to San Francisco tomorrow with work, Vita well charged for a serious load of gaming !! Can't wait for the gaming part of the trip

eddhorse wrote: »
    Flight to San Francisco tomorrow with work, Vita well charged for a serious load of gaming !! Can't wait for the gaming part of the trip

Any recommendations from the attached?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Rayman Origins

Guacamelee

Hotline Miami

Everybodys Golf

One of them 4 and you will be set for the flight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

All you need there is Guacamelee and Spelunky to get you through the flight.

Thanks chaps, flight back Friday so a good bit of Vita time :)
    Got Fez and Terraria also.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Uncharted, Gravity Rush (you are in a plane..) & Batman... With some Guacamelee on the side ;)
    Oh and remember a charger for your return trip...

Taltos wrote: »
    Uncharted, Gravity Rush (you are in a plane..) & Batman... With some Guacamelee on the side ;)
    Oh and remember a charger for your return trip...

You can charge on the planes now :) I presume my existing charger will work in the states? 100-240v

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Gravity Rush is quite good actually!

Ok Gravity Rush is getting the first play ! Thanks for the recommendations !

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

i could easily play Terraria for 8 hours! enough time for a decent hellavator anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

OlliOlli is so damn good lads.. just so addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Picked up persona 4 golden off Amazon haven't played a persona game before looking on the net it has amazing reviews and some places calling it the best vita game there. From people who have played it is it this amazing a game

Ya P4G is great once you get sunk into it.

I highly recommend playing on normal though. I played on hard and kind of regretted it as there were times where I had to do some grinding and to be fair I don't think I paid enough attention to what persona's I should use.

I was actually thinking I might play through it again recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya P4G is great once you get sunk into it.

I highly recommend playing on normal though. I played on hard and kind of regretted it as there were times where I had to do some grinding and to be fair I don't think I paid enough attention to what persona's I should use.

I was actually thinking I might play through it again recently.

Cool cant wait to play it just finished jak and daxter and playing sly 1 on the vita so it will be something different to get into. Noticed lately the vita is becoming my main console haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Picked up persona 4 golden off Amazon haven't played a persona game before looking on the net it has amazing reviews and some places calling it the best vita game there. From people who have played it is it this amazing a game

It is a fantastic game.
    It takes a while to get going, that can be kinda tedious.

I second what tok9 says, start on a lower difficulty possibly even easy mode as it makes it easier to level up and get the social links thus taking some of the grinding out of the dungeons.

God damn it... more games! Rogue Legacy is releasing on the 30th on all playstation platforms.

Cross buy, cross save and highly rated. Going to be a very busy week of gaming with that and TLOU.

breadbin wrote: »
    i could easily play Terraria for 8 hours! enough time for a decent hellavator anyway!

Flight was 11 hours , 4 hour stop over so more playing vita.

Got Uncharted and Thomas was alone finished on the last flight.

Gravity Rush wouldn't work, I think it needs an update. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Anyone played Amazing Spider-Man? Down to 15 at the moment, worth a punt, as they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Getting Killzone Mercenary in the next few days as its down to €18.99 in Argos.

Is anyone playing it online at the minute? If so any thoughts on the online end of things.

I'll be mainly playing the online so I'm hoping its easy to get a game etc...

I'll play the story/main campaign down the line sometime when the online goes dead/offline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sure I'l play with you :p

I had 1 or 2 games online and was able to find a match pretty quickly which had at least 5 other players.

It's good fun.

I've been going through a nice bit of my back catalog recently and another game I just can't understand why it's not on vita is Tokyo Jungle. Seems perfect for it.

And while I'm at it.. a game I'd love to see on Vita but really it shouldn't since online is core to it is Demon/Dark souls...

I can dream :P

tok9 wrote: »
    I've been going through a nice bit of my back catalog recently and another game I just can't understand why it's not on vita is Tokyo Jungle. Seems perfect for it.

And while I'm at it.. a game I'd love to see on Vita but really it shouldn't since online is core to it is Demon/Dark souls...

I can dream :P

You can play Tokyo Jungle on the Vita with remote play from the PS3 if that is any help to you.

Have it myself picked it up on the US PSN for $1 USD its a odd but good game

I know... even though it's pretty crap remote play..

Anyway, I really mean it's ideal for it. You can have a quick game and resume whenever.

sugarman wrote: »
    Still there at that price?

Was a few months ago on a flash weekend sale

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/04/18/braid-tokyo-jungle-and-more-cost-1-in-ps-store-flash-sale

Was some good games on that sale :).

A good idea would be to start looking at the US PSN blog once a week when the updates go up on Tuesday and see what sales they have on as you can save a lot over the EU store

Amazon is your best bet for getting US PSN cards make up a US address with a fake address in a none sales tax area and you get the code emailed to you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sugarman wrote: »
    Still there at that price?

It is on sale on the EU store at the moment for €6.99.

• Advertisement

Ya I got Braid in that sale and there is a flash sale on right now which includes all the Syphon Filter and Dino Crisis games.

As I said in the bargains thread I just don't think it's worth picking them up to play on the vita as it's a damn pain switching accounts.

I seriously hope Sony sort that out... especially with them releasing Playstation Tv.

That and a memory card price cut would be very welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement