Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

Is the new vita worth paying 170 for it or should I look for the older one? Never had one before, looking to buy a handheld to complement a desktop (wanting to play p4g and others jrpg)

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

chrislad wrote: »
    Anyone played Amazing Spider-Man? Down to 15 at the moment, worth a punt, as they say?

Yeah, I got it and the framerate is abysmal. I can't really recommend it sorry :(

Its interesting and technically impressive but the city swinging (which is why I bought it) just isn't fun enough with the stuttery fps. Indoor bits run fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

lulzordan wrote: »
    Is the new vita worth paying 170 for it or should I look for the older one? Never had one before, looking to buy a handheld to complement a desktop (wanting to play p4g and others jrpg)

Cheers!

The biggest difference between the old Vita and the new Vita is that the old Vita's OLED screen is superior to the new Vitas screen, everything looks sharper on it and the colours look better as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you can get to a HMV, many stores still have the Sports Pack in stock - a few decent games (some might throw in a copy of LittleBigPlanet), but more importantly the old console and a 16GB memory card. For 170 new, it's probably a better option unless you really value a slightly slimmer console and improved battery life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Mmm ratchet and clank looks really good on the vita. Not a single framerate hitch so far either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya I would agree with the others...

Just playing devils advocate here, since you haven't used the old vita you probably won't notice a massive difference in the screen.

If that's the case, the battery life is better on it and it's a lot handier to charge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yeah, I got it and the framerate is abysmal. I can't really recommend it sorry :(

Its interesting and technically impressive but the city swinging (which is why I bought it) just isn't fun enough with the stuttery fps. Indoor bits run fine though.

Cheers, I've already finished the Xbox version of the game, so it's not like I hadn't played it. Critic reviews are scathing, but user reviews seems to be from mediocre to positive. I have enough to be playing though so it's a serious impulse buy as it was. I'll save my coppers then. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

cloud493 wrote: »
    Mmm ratchet and clank looks really good on the vita. Not a single framerate hitch so far either.

It's been getting awful reviews though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

It was playing fine at least the first one right up until the part where you have the first hover race - I cannot come better than 4th there on the vita - getting very frustrated especially as I need to win to progress.
    Just the same as one of the missions on Jak & Daxter 2..

Agghhh, where's solitaire when you need to chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Taltos wrote: »
    It was playing fine at least the first one right up until the part where you have the first hover race - I cannot come better than 4th there on the vita - getting very frustrated especially as I need to win to progress.
    Just the same as one of the missions on Jak & Daxter 2..

Agghhh, where's solitaire when you need to chill.

What are the Jak and Daxter's like? More of a fan of that serious but pretty much every review I have read has been negative.

• Advertisement

Avoid the jak games on vita, they're awful. The framerate is appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Only platinum I have is Jak and Daxter Precursor legacy ! Shame about the framerate.
    Played Gravity Rush for the first time, got the hang of it kinda. I'm gonna get the extra handle grip things for the Vita, damn my Quasimodo hands.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I've been playing Rachet and Clank and I've had no issues with it including the hover race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I've been playing Rachet and Clank and I've had no issues with it including the hover race.

The only problem i have had with the game is the Suck Cannon meter still displaying on the side of the screen when not in use ?. Anyone else having that problem ?

No problems with the hover race myself just that i cant get it done in 1.35 for the gold trophy LoL. My best Time is 1.35.15 AHHH LoL cant find that .15 anywhere while playing it. Got it easily on the PS3 but finding it imposable on the Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I bought me a cheap little capacitive screen pen for the vita last night. I'll buy a better one when I've done a bit of research but for €1.50 in one of the euro shops it'll do for now.

I bought it because Football manager on the Vita is a lot of info on a small screen.

It worked for the most part sometimes a little tricky to get into a players details but you get the hang of it. Definately a better experience than just using my fat fingers.

I have to say though the game is a bit overwhelming. The last football manager game I played properly as in spent time with (a lot of time) was Championship manager 01/02. Amazing game. Way easier to get into.

That said I'll give this one a go. I paid €18 for it on the deal of week a few weeks back so I need to get my moneys worth from it.

So far I've lost about 10 games, drawn none and won eh yeah none. Sunderland may have been a poor choice. Bad manager blames tools/players/team. lol.

I don't know if I'm rubbish at FIFA or if its really hard :( the touchscreen passes are hard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The only problem i have had with the game is the Suck Cannon meter still displaying on the side of the screen when not in use ?. Anyone else having that problem ?

Yeah this has happened to me a couple of times as well. Luckily it doesn't get in the way of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Hey guys just wondering if anyone could link me the full game of soul sacrifice on playstation store website? I really can't find it anywhere. I'm pretty certain I saw it on PS Store when there was a japanese sale couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Notorioux wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering if anyone could link me the full game of soul sacrifice on playstation store website? I really can't find it anywhere. I'm pretty certain I saw it on PS Store when there was a japanese sale couple of weeks ago.

I tried to get in to Soul Sacrifice but it was too repetitive and a grind for me.

I put a few hours in and then deleted it. Thankfully it was free on PS Plus.

I'm sure it'll suit some but it wasnt for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Notorioux wrote: »

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/soul-sacrifice-delta/cid=EP9000-PCSF00532_00-SOULSACDELTAEU00

• Advertisement

I tried to get in to Soul Sacrifice but it was too repetitive and a grind for me.

I put a few hours in and then deleted it. Thankfully it was free on PS Plus.

I'm sure it'll suit some but it wasnt for me.

I agree, I couldn't get into it all. It's extremely repetitive, choose your weapons, fight a monster, rinse and repeat. I gave up on it after a few hours. I would be very annoyed if I had bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Kingp35 wrote: »

I'm the same so far. I've only played about two hours but it's been flawless so far. Bargain at the 17.99 for the PS3 versions with cross play. Always wanted to play them.

Took me bloody ages to complete the 50 spins or more challenge in the 3rd last Pro challenge in OlliOlli.

Only 4 challenges left now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Is resident evil 2 on psn compatible with the vita? got 1&3 but 2 says compatible with ps3 and psp portable ony. other 2 also say vita compatible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Is resident evil 2 on psn compatible with the vita? got 1&3 but 2 says compatible with ps3 and psp portable ony. other 2 also say vita compatible

It was compatible anyway about two years ago, so it should still be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

gimli2112 wrote: »

Says vita on the website:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/resident-evil-2/cid=EP0102-NPEF00198_00-GRESIDENTE000001

Completed all the challenges in Olli Olli. Can see myself coming back for a lot more. The game is just so good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have played Resi 2 on Vita, so can guarantee it works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Playing the Vita version of Lego batman, is this a Vita/3DS game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Varik wrote: »
    Playing the Vita version of Lego batman, is this a Vita/3DS game?

It was a 3DS game ported to the Vita

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement