Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Is resident evil 2 on psn compatible with the vita? got 1&3 but 2 says compatible with ps3 and psp portable ony. other 2 also say vita compatible

Sure is have it myself, and RE3. Bought them donkey's ago on the psn store and they were still on my download list when i was browsing through it on my vita looking for something i had deleted, work perfectly well although the screen size is a bit small. still though, pocket resi!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up a boxed version of Child of Light today in Game in Newry, didn't know it had been released like this, was steep at £15 but is probably as rare as a sober Irishman,which I am also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Picked up a boxed version of Child of Light today in Game in Newry, didn't know it had been released like this, was steep at £15 but is probably as rare as a sober Irishman,which I am also.

Didn't realise it got a cartridge release either, nice! Also is that sarcasm with the "steep" 15 pound??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It is kinda steep for such a short game. You can get the boxed version in gamestop, but its €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anyone know if Smyths or Gamestop have any of the OLED PS Vita's still in stock? Was in GS a few weeks back and they only had a few left. Their offer of the PS Vita and KZ was worth picking up and I probably still will if they have any left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Redo91 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Smyths or Gamestop have any of the OLED PS Vita's still in stock? Was in GS a few weeks back and they only had a few left. Their offer of the PS Vita and KZ was worth picking up and I probably still will if they have any left.

Not sure about those stores, but game.co.uk have the bundles with 10 games and a 16GB memory card in stock. Works out at about €175 for delivery to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

Redo91 wrote: »

I was unable to find any bundles on smyths, gamestop, argos or hmv/xtra-vision (at least the ones around dublin 1/2). Most of them were either out of stock or only had the slim.

I ended up buying it from game like the lad above pointed it out, around 175-180e for the 3g/wi-fi bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

If people are still looking for a OLD silm would they not have a look in like the pawn shops ?. As I picked up a 3ds xl there this week that I couldn't find anywhere.

Another place to luck is done deal or adverts ?. Like you could pick up a bargain on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

Is Fifa 14 worth 20 quid? I'm mostly interested in the manager career mode. I don't own any other fifa games, considering that I've read that this version is just the same as fifa 13 but with updated rosters..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

lulzordan wrote: »
    Is Fifa 14 worth 20 quid? I'm mostly interested in the manager career mode. I don't own any other fifa games, considering that I've read that this version is just the same as fifa 13 but with updated rosters..

For 20 I would get it but there's no difference in gameplay between any of them except for squad updates.

I got one piece and its a very enjoyable game :-D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

For 20 I would get it but there's no difference in gameplay between any of them except for squad updates.

Bought it last week in Game in Newry for £30, it is the day one edition with extra costumes and levels, unfortunately I have misplaced my Vita charger so I have been unable to play it as of yet. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bought it last week in Game in Newry for £30, it is the day one edition with extra costumes and levels, unfortunately I have misplaced my Vita charger so I have been unable to play it as of yet. :o

Ohhh dear D:

Well you are in for a treat when you find it, there is loads to do in between chapters :-D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Euroland or one of those pound shops has a car charger with a vita plug if your stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Which FIFA would the career mode compare to if it's just roster updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Which FIFA would the career mode compare to if it's just roster updates?

FIFA 11 as far as I can remember.
    The game was released as FIFA Football around the same time as FIFA 12, but I believe it was just a remake of FIFA 11; with the FIFA 12 menu.

Also, gameplay is the same as FIFA 11, so if you're used to FIFA on consoles, there are a few small differences in gameplay, defending for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Finally started Killzone Mercenary.

First impressions after about a half hour of the one player and an hour of the multiplayer is it feels like a tight bit of FPS action. Gonna be my pick up and play FPS of choice for at least 6 months so hopefully the multiplayer keeps going. Seems to be a good crowd online from what I've seen.
    Graphics are amazing. Really shows what the vita is capable of imo.
    As a Halo guy it's gonna take me a little bit of time to get into but thankfully it's no COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Freedom Wars is going getting a retail release now in EU, did not think it possible but it is probably the best Vita game on the market even beating P4G.

Xenji wrote: »
    Freedom Wars is going getting a retail release now in EU, did not think it possible but it is probably the best Vita game on the market even beating P4G.

Looking forward to that being released

Looking forward to that being released

You would be better off getting it off VGP, it will come out in the US before the EU, looking forward to Akiba's Trip its coming out next week nothing like a game that involves stripping people to see if they are vampires.

Xenji wrote: »
    You would be better off getting it off VGP, it will come out in the US before the EU, looking forward to Akiba's Trip its coming out next week nothing like a game that involves stripping people to see if they are vampires.

I was thinking of getting that actually,I have sword art coming to me next week.

• Advertisement

I was thinking of getting that actually,I have sword art coming to me next week.

It has been very well received and reviewed in Japan, they have recreated over 130 real life Akihabara shops that you are able to visit and has about 40 different endings.

Ya I was reading about that.....think I might have to order it......

Where do people buy their hard copies of games?
    In particular special editions?
    I've seen some cool I boxing on YouTube but I've never seen them in the shops here.
    You hardly see any Vita games never mind special editions.
    Thanks.

I've seen some cool I boxing on YouTube but I've never seen them in the shops here.
    Thanks.

Try vgp or amazon,I don't bother with GameStop anymore unless there cheaper which is very rare.

Thanks.

Amazon.de is usually quite good as well.

Played a bit more of Killzone Mercenary last night.

Campaign is good. However I have a few issues with it. Its very easy in parts no matter what the difficulty level but then on the flip side it can be quite difficult in other parts due to you having to choose your weapon before knowing the situation youre entering. I know you can go back and change but its a bit of a pain and if you dont as I say it makes it annoying, not impossible but annoying. For example an area may require a sniper rifle yet I just picked an assualt rifle.

Ouside of the difficulty level spikes its really more of the same, FPS action, up your class etc..

The melee kills are fairly brutal, not a good thing or bad just kinda in your face.

Its good as I say but you cant help feel theres a need to change on the whole for FPS games. Titanfall tried to change it up a bit. The Destiny Beta looks interesting. Even COD seems to be trying to evolve in November from the few trailers I've seen.

So this to me feels like the end of an era but on handheld which imo is its saving grace. It may be more of the same but that more of the same is what kept us all interested for the past few years. Its why these type of games sold in droves.

The multipayer is good but quite difficult if youre late to the game like I am trying to rank up. The botzone add on is a great addition and will keep my interest longer as I'm not great as it is at these games plus being behind on classes etc this is a nice side game. Plus when the servers empty which they will it'll be nice to still have a bit of mindless fun.

The fact that I can play this on the couch while the missus watches soaps be it the campaign or the multiplayer is what makes it for me.

I genuinely dont want to sound to critical as the game is a technical marvel. The graphics are AMAZING. This is a handheld for crying out loud. For the €18 I paid in argos recently its a very worthwhile addition to my Vita collection and I will get at least 20hours of gameplay out of it if not more. Its just not without its flaws which I feel arent really put out there that often hence me sharing this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

The fact that I can play this on the couch while the missus watches soaps

Soaps! Jaysus, you'd wanna put the foot down on that chief :)

Only messing, good heads up on killzone. Considering getting it but still playing some Indies and PS+ games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Originally posted this in the Games forum but it deserves to be here too.

Velocity 2X, the sequel to Velocity Ultra from Futurlab, will be released on September 3rd in Europe. It supports Cross-Save and Cross-Buy between PlayStation 4 and Vita.

I absolutely loved the previous entry on Vita. Looking forward to this.

Soaps! Jaysus, you'd wanna put the foot down on that chief :)

Only messing, good heads up on killzone. Considering getting it but still playing some Indies and PS+ games.

No bother. I only got it as the missus was lookin for something to buy me for my birthday. I couldn't think of anything. Saw this on sale and said why not.

I too have plenty to be getting on with otherwise. Damn you PS plus!!!

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    Originally posted this in the Games forum but it deserves to be here too.

Velocity 2X, the sequel to Velocity Ultra from Futurlab, will be released on September 3rd in Europe. It supports Cross-Save and Cross-Buy between PlayStation 4 and Vita.

I absolutely loved the previous entry on Vita. Looking forward to this.

That looks seriously cool. Must look up the original. Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement