Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Around how long does a battery last on a Vita if you just play non-stop?

Well taking into account variables like screen brightness, sound level, continuing searching for WiFi, battery condition etc it's hard to give a definite answer.

I've not run mine down to flat coz I charge when low battery warning comes up but I'm gonna go with 4-5 hours from full charge with screen on half brightness, constantly connected to WiFi and sound all the way down. But again, someone else's Vita might be different.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Around how long does a battery last on a Vita if you just play non-stop?

Sometimes I get about 4hrs ,sometimes more.

Cant sign into the store to download walking dead episodes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

van_beano wrote: »
    Well taking into account variables like screen brightness, sound level, continuing searching for WiFi, battery condition etc it's hard to give a definite answer.

I've not run mine down to flat coz I charge when low battery warning comes up but I'm gonna go with 4-5 hours from full charge with screen on half brightness, constantly connected to WiFi and sound all the way down. But again, someone else's Vita might be different.
    Sometimes I get about 4hrs ,sometimes more.

Thanks to you both, not bad. Have a bit of travelling to do soon and will borrow my brother's Vita, won't last the whole flight but will do for a good bit of it.

Thanks to you both, not bad. Have a bit of travelling to do soon and will borrow my brother's Vita, won't last the whole flight but will do for a good bit of it.

Depends on the plane but the transatlantic ones have plug sockets now, now that's not to say you're going transatlantic but ya get my gist. Ya may be lucky.

Depends on the plane but the transatlantic ones have plug sockets now, now that's not to say you're going transatlantic but ya get my gist. Ya may be lucky.

I've checked already if the plane has sockets, the website is saying it doesn't. I know Aer Lingus do for transatlantic but I'm going with Delta, you need to be in economy plus or something.

• Advertisement

I've checked already if the plane has sockets, the website is saying it doesn't. I know Aer Lingus do for transatlantic but I'm going with Delta, you need to be in economy plus or something.

I could have sworn I flew with Delta last time I went to NY 2 years ago, I remember I had a short lived addiction to StickWars 2 on my iPhone, played for most of the 7 hour flight, landed with Repetitive Stress Disorder in my finger and googly eyed, but I am certain they had sockets. I was in economy aswell. As I said, there may be exception on some planes, have your charger in your carry on luggage. Oh and make sure your ESTA is in date!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I flew Dublin JFK with delta 2 weeks ago they have USB in economy! Nearly sure they have power aswell check seatguru for it,

I could have sworn I flew with Delta last time I went to NY 2 years ago, I remember I had a short lived addiction to StickWars 2 on my iPhone, played for most of the 7 hour flight, landed with Repetitive Stress Disorder in my finger and googly eyed, but I am certain they had sockets. I was in economy aswell. As I said, there may be exception on some planes, have your charger in your carry on luggage. Oh and make sure your ESTA is in date!
    cadete wrote: »
    I flew Dublin JFK with delta 2 weeks ago they have USB in economy! Nearly sure they have power aswell check seatguru for it,

Thanks to you both, will make sure I have the charger anyway. ESTA is all sorted too!

Thanks to you both, will make sure I have the charger anyway. ESTA is all sorted too!

Let us know if there are sockets, could be handy for future posters! Enjoy the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is €28 a good price for a 16gb card, am unable to buy online at the moment and find myself running out of space big time for games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is €28 a good price for a 16gb card, am unable to buy online at the moment and find myself running out of space big time for games.

Sounds good to me,where did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CeX second hand, Guess I'll grab one later so, I am itching to play Final Fantasy IX and X again, never really got into them too much years ago.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=711719206828#.U_seJPmwI3A

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Why don't you just store the games you have finished playing on your PC or laptop?

When I have spare cash I'm gonna invest in a 64gig

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I was getting a 32gb but it never arrived from PlayAsia, so got a refund today. I did find an spare 8gig I thought I lost so that's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bomber39

I order a 64gb of PlayAsia around Januray, took the guts of a month before it arrived but it did come. So handy i have to say not changing cards. When did you order yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

64GB is the king of memory cards.. I've built up some list of games because of it, all available at the swipe of my finger.

Persona 4 Golden
    Persona 3 Portable
    Hotline Miami
    Ys: Memories of Celceta
    Hohokum
    Fez
    Terraria
    Metrico
    Proteus
    The Swapper
    Danganronpa
    OlliOlli
    FF7
    FF9
    FFXHD
    FFX-2HD
    Muramusa Rebirth
    Spelunky
    SFvTK
    Virtue's Last Reward
    Tearaway
    Wipeout
    Thomas Was Alone
    Lego LotR
    Guacamelee
    TxK
    Rayman Origins
    Velocity Ultra
    Gravity Rush
    Dynasty Warriors Next
    Unit 13
    Sonic Transformed
    LBP Vita
    GTA: VC Stories
    Jak and Daxter Trilogy
    Lumines
    Monsters Ultimate HD
    MGS HD
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
    God of War Chains of Olympus
    God of War Ghost of Sparta
    Sine Mora
    Crash Bandicoot
    Modnation Racers
    Sound Shapes
    Motorstorm RC
    Patapon 2
    GTA: Liberty City Stories
    Big Sky Infinity
    Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
    Puddle
    Limbo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Show off :p

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Show off :p

I've got nothing else to brag about in my life :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Finally got myself a 32gb card. Can I use my 16gb card for my US PSN account or is it the console itself I'd have to change to US?

• Advertisement

Finally got myself a 32gb card. Can I use my 16gb card for my US PSN account or is it the console itself I'd have to change to US?

Card switching is a pain, cos you have to factory reset the Vita each time you want to play on each memory card

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ah right, feck it, I still have my PSP for the likes of Suikoden and Crono Cross.

Bomber39 wrote: »
    I order a 64gb of PlayAsia around Januray, took the guts of a month before it arrived but it did come. So handy i have to say not changing cards. When did you order yours?

It's currently about 8 weeks or so at this stage. Doubtful it will arrive.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Card switching is a pain, cos you have to factory reset the Vita each time you want to play on each memory card

No, you don't. Only if you are using a different PSN ident. I have 3 cards, and I've swapped them all without having to do a factory reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

chrislad wrote: »
    No, you don't. Only if you are using a different PSN ident. I have 3 cards, and I've swapped them all without having to do a factory reset.

Yeah but they were talking about switching between us and irl accounts so they would have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

aaronh007 wrote: »
    chrislad wrote: »

I would assume super_furry's question was to ask if you can switch between a 16GB card with US account content to a 32GB card with EU account content easily. In which case, aaronh007 is right - you have to factory reset the Vita each time to swap between the accounts.

Can I delete season 1 of the walking dead ? Running out of space

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Can I delete season 1 of the walking dead ? Running out of space

Make sure you upload your save to the cloud. After that, delete away.

Cheers didn't know there was a cloud save on the vita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ive played Guacamelee on the Ps3, saved my progress to the cloud but never managed to get that save working on my Vita. bloody annoying as I'd probably play it more on the vita, I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement