Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

About time it came out :)

:edit: can't find it in store

cudnt either, start the game and select episode 5 and it'll download that way

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

How well does the game run on the Vita? I've heard the framerate is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    How well does the game run on the Vita? I've heard the framerate is awful.

It's a bit laggy at time, but it doesn't affect it too much. It's been like that since Episode 1, but at that stage, you're committed so you kind of just learn to live with it.

I was a tad disappointed with the ending, at least the one I got, but I did enjoy the whole story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The game performs terribly on PS3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tok9 wrote: »
    The game performs terribly on PS3 too.

Don`t all Telltale games have those laggy pauses?
    Got season one on cart via import, found it frustrating at times using the touchscreen controls with it

• Advertisement

Yes.. I was just saying since it was mentioned on vita. Should have said also in my other post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

chrislad wrote: »
    I got it through the in-game store. Played about half an hour and dying to get back to it. Spent all of last week avoiding spoilers!

I figured it out eventually :D:o looking forward to the wolf among us coming to vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone know if anywhere in Dublin is stocking Danganronpa 2 today? Don't really want to pay €39.99 for a digital copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

For anyone that upgraded to the slim, is it worth it?

The charger on the vita is driving me mad and I saw a pretty good deal on it. Tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

dmcg90 wrote: »
    For anyone that upgraded to the slim, is it worth it?

The charger on the vita is driving me mad and I saw a pretty good deal on it. Tempted.

I am now using a Slim as I am giving my nephew my phat Vita for his birthday. The screen is definitely not as vibrant but I actually prefer the Slim now. Not only is keeping it charged easier, with a longer battery life and micro USB charging, but the form-factor feels better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

^ Yeah this, the battery is really excellent etc.. The slight reduction in screen quality compared to the oled should not to deter you getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Anyone know if anywhere in Dublin is stocking Danganronpa 2 today? Don't really want to pay €39.99 for a digital copy.

Not a clue though I doubt it given its rather niche and the current climate of b&m stores only stocking big releases on launch.

Could you wait a week to buy it online?

http://www.thegamecollection.net/dangan-ronpa-2-goodbye-despair-ps-vita.html?tduid=112630053e0524945b95df293a43f846

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Otacon wrote: »
    I am now using a Slim as I am giving my nephew my phat Vita for his birthday. The screen is definitely not as vibrant but I actually prefer the Slim now. Not only is keeping it charged easier, with a longer battery life and micro USB charging, but the form-factor feels better.

Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by that?

Also does anyone know is there many places that still have the phat Vita in stock? I saw it in Gamestop about a month ago but haven't been in there since.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tried to save my walking dead data to cloud and it wouldnt save, c2151771 error whatever that means.

Well I just platinumed Velocity Ultra. Going to dig into VelocityX2 pretty soon now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Well I just platinumed Velocity Ultra. Going to dig into VelocityX2 pretty soon now :)

I started it today, it's a fantastic game. Perfect for the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Have been mad to get persona 4 golden but the 40 quid price was putting me off. Got it for twenty the other day and am about 8,hours in.

Gotta say its excellent so far. Was a big fan of jrpg but haven't played one in a while. This one is a bit different so far but its great. Great story

I'm pretty tempted to get Danganronpa. It's €22 on the PSN store this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gamestop clarehall has it, not cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'm pretty tempted to get Danganronpa. It's €22 on the PSN store this week.

It is a great game, but is full of quirks that might turn people off, if you have watched lots of different anime you will get a lot more out of it, hoping to have the sequel on Monday from VGP.

• Advertisement

I don't watch any anime's but I've just seen it being talked about so much and being compared to Virtue's Last Reward which I really enjoyed.

I don't really need to get it as I've plenty to play but I am tempted.

The next definite purchase I'm getting will be Freedom Wars. Seems to be getting a lot of good previews/reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I don't watch any anime's but I've just seen it being talked about so much and being compared to Virtue's Last Reward which I really enjoyed.

I don't really need to get it as I've plenty to play but I am tempted.

The next definite purchase I'm getting will be Freedom Wars. Seems to be getting a lot of good previews/reviews.

Freedom Wars will be talked about in the same breath as P4G, have an imported copy, graphics and gameplay are excellent, the story is quite weak but does not take away from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Danganronpa is the most ****ed up game I have ever played, on class trial 3 at the moment, it is funny at times but has made me jump more than once.

Ya I didn't like Danganronpa,the class trials pissed me off,I guess the novel type games just ain't for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

40 levels into Velocity 2X, it's the game of the year so far for me, absolutely outstanding stuff. Once you start using all the weapons and mechanics together and see how the levels flow together it gets incredibly addictive.

Are Vita users using the touchscreen for teleporting or the square button? it depends on the level for me if space is tight or I'm trying to get through a level quickly the touch screen is more accurate but it can be a bit finicky when you're going too fast or there's a lot to do on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

krudler wrote: »
    40 levels into Velocity 2X, it's the game of the year so far for me, absolutely outstanding stuff. Once you start using all the weapons and mechanics together and see how the levels flow together it gets incredibly addictive.

Are Vita users using the touchscreen for teleporting or the square button? it depends on the level for me if space is tight or I'm trying to get through a level quickly the touch screen is more accurate but it can be a bit finicky when you're going too fast or there's a lot to do on screen.

Using the square button here, am on level 38, need XP to move on. Very surprised Sony put this game on the IGC, it's definitely a game worth buying!

Only played 10 levels on Velocity 2X but obviously it's still prety similar to Ultra and as you said Krudler it depends on the situation.

I usually go for a mix and am better when it comes to teleporting on the right hand side as I usually need to keep steering.

Only played 10 levels on Velocity 2X but obviously it's still prety similar to Ultra and as you said Krudler it depends on the situation.

I usually go for a mix and am better when it comes to teleporting on the right hand side as I usually need to keep steering.

Yeah a few times I've confused the bejesus out of myself trying to use the touchpad, steer and accelerate all at once, they should have made L nor R the boost button as you could go faster and steer with your left hand and use the pad with your right, or maybe incorporate the rear pad into it too, these are extremely minor niggles in a wonderful game though. I'm going to do my best to perfect each level its a great challenge.

Sale on ps1 and psp titles on the store now, some gems in there. Symphony of the Night for 4.49, Kula World is 1.79, Resi1&2 are 4.50 each. Some stuff is less than 2 quid like the Tekken games, pity 3 isn't on there though.

• Advertisement

Grandia is well worth it,the graphics are dated but still worth it.what machinarium like?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement