Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Finally, after over 2 years of waiting, I have english-patched Final Fantasy Type-O on my vita! Vita is about to get a lot more love.

By the way, does anyone here use PSN account switching on vita? I have a spare 8gig card and I'm tempted to use that as a US PSN account (I live in the US and a buy retail US games whose DLC doesn't work for me since I have an EU account).

Can anyone explain in one sentence exactly what the procedure is? My understanding is that you turn it off (once you've synced your trophies etc), swap in the other memory card, power it on, reset to factory settings, watch the intro video then simply log in to PSN using the other account. Then do the same procedure again when switching back to the EU account?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

should i buy AC3 liberations for ps3 or psvita?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

animaX wrote: »
    Finally, after over 2 years of waiting, I have english-patched Final Fantasy Type-O on my vita! Vita is about to get a lot more love.

Where did you get that and why did you have to wait 2 years? Sorry I cant help with the other part of your post.

Ps3 I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I have it on the Vita but I can't say I found very interesting and I didn't bother finishing it. I doubt the PS3 version would really make any difference to the quality of it based on any of the reviews I've seen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just finished Machinarium, decent little game, any other games like it worth playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have it on the Vita but I can't say I found very interesting and I didn't bother finishing it. I doubt the PS3 version would really make any difference to the quality of it based on any of the reviews I've seen.

I'd agree with this, although I did finish it as I love the Assassins Creed story. Overall, it didn't add much to the story, it was quite disjointed, and quite boring. It is technically very impressive, but it's a tough game to recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

So tempted to buy abe's odyssey, was only talking about it the other day!

I've about 9 euro credit so I'm trying to decide how best to spend it. Tempted by Abes also, as well as Syphon Filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

That game remains the only Vita game I have ever returned/swapped - didn't like it one bit. Though I can't imagine the ps3 version is any dfferent.
    Where did you get that and why did you have to wait 2 years?

It took that long for the fan-translation patch to be released! Sadly the patch has since been taken down after a cease and desist from SquareEnix but I'm sure it can still be found in the depths of the internet (or just wait for the ps3 re-release)

Persona 4 Gold is so good. I'm only about 10 hours in and starting to get to grips with the mechanics. Fantastic game, so much so that I picked up Persona 3 in the current sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

What are the odds of P4G coming to Plus? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy it?

Play Asia have it for about 17 Euro before postage.

chrislad wrote: »
    Persona 4 Gold is so good. I'm only about 10 hours in and starting to get to grips with the mechanics. Fantastic game, so much so that I picked up Persona 3 in the current sale.

Its worth sticking with so? I gave up because it started way too slow for my liking.

Its worth sticking with so? I gave up because it started way too slow for my liking.

I thought the same initially. I didn't really like the whole setting either, but I said I'd stick with it as it had gotten so many positive reviews. It took about 6-7 hours for me to get into it, but I'm really enjoying it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

The start is really bad. About 3/4 hours of pretty much pressing x. Gets going after that and its great

fair enough, im just annoyed that there isnt more quality on the ps vita. it's sitting on my shelf begging for a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

fair enough, im just annoyed that there isnt more quality on the ps vita. it's sitting on my shelf begging for a good game.

It really depends on what you are into, for me the likes of Freedom Wars, Demon Gaze, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair and Akiba's Trip have been some of my favourite games so far this year, the quality is there, but is also subjective based on tase.

On my Vita, I currently have:

Strangers Wrath HD
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Metal Gear Solid Collection
    Velocity 2X
    Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Stealth Inc
    Steamworld Inc
    Rayman Legends
    Guacamelee
    Limbo
    Mutual Blobs Attack
    Thomas Was Alone
    MotorStormRC
    Rogue Legacy
    Dragons Crown
    Muramasa Rebirth
    Persona 3
    Don't Starve
    Lumines
    Joe Danger
    Virtua Tennis
    Everybodys Golf

That's not counting any PSOne games, or PSP games, nor any games that won't fit on the card at the moment.

There's definitely no shortage of quality from my point of view, but as was said, quality is in the eye of the beholder.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Strangers Wrath HD
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Velocity 2X
    Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Stealth Inc
    Steamworld Inc
    Rayman Legends
    Guacamelee
    Limbo
    Mutual Blobs Attack
    Thomas Was Alone
    MotorStormRC
    Rogue Legacy
    Dragons Crown
    Muramasa Rebirth
    Persona 3
    Don't Starve
    Lumines
    Joe Danger
    Virtua Tennis
    Everybodys Golf

That's not counting any PSOne games, or PSP games, nor any games that won't fit on the card at the moment.

There's definitely no shortage of quality from my point of view, but as was said, quality is in the eye of the beholder.

Trow in ratchet and clank, god of war, sky Cooper, Jaxon and Dexter,football manager and there are a fair few console quality games there

Trow in ratchet and clank, god of war, sky Cooper, Jaxon and Dexter,football manager and there are a fair few console quality games there

And I have Ratchet and Clank, Jax and Daxter currently in my pending queue! I just don't have the room! Need to get a 64gb card!

And I have Ratchet and Clank, Jax and Daxter currently in my pending queue! I just don't have the room! Need to get a 64gb card!

Ratchet and clank is very good Jax and Dexter has some issues but I didn't find them game breaking but each to their own same goes for god of war and sly Cooper. I never expected ps3 quality regardlessof what Sony said so maybe that's why I think they are great. Remote play is handy aswell.

• Advertisement

What kinda games do you like to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I think thats the best question here really.

The Vita for me has been fantastic especially when coupled with PS plus and PS4 for remote play.

As mentioned by posters above there are sooooo many titles on the system I find it really hard to believe someone lets this machine gather dust.

Its my most played console in years. Comes everywhere with me now too. I fired it in the car this morning for example so I can play it at lunch time. Just finished Killzone Mercenary recently which was a decent title if your looking for something resembling a console title.

I'm going back to Muramasa today for something a little different.

Later I'll most likely be playing Killzone Shadowfall remotely from the PS4.

Personally my Vita is most definately not gathering dust.

I think thats the best question here really.

The Vita for me has been fantastic especially when coupled with PS plus and PS4 for remote play.

As mentioned by posters above there are sooooo many titles on the system I find it really hard to believe someone lets this machine gather dust.

Its my most played console in years. Comes everywhere with me now too. I fired it in the car this morning for example so I can play it at lunch time. Just finished Killzone Mercenary recently which was a decent title if your looking for something resembling a console title.

I'm going back to Muramasa today for something a little different.

Later I'll most likely be playing Killzone Shadowfall remotely from the PS4.

Personally my Vita is most definately not gathering dust.

I grew up playing SNES,megadrive and the like so I enjoy the Indi titles as much as the bigger ones. I use mine mostly at night in bed for quick blast so I can see we're some people could let it sit for days without playing. I think it's great but I never thought handheld gaming would work as well with large console games they are never comfortable enough for long plays for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I grew up playing SNES,megadrive and the like so I enjoy the Indi titles as much as the bigger ones. I use mine mostly at night in bed for quick blast so I can see we're some people could let it sit for days without playing. I think it's great but I never thought handheld gaming would work as well with large console games they are never comfortable enough for long plays for me.

Personally I find the vita fine for extended plays but if it's uncomfortable you can by grip things online cheapishly. Some people swear by them. I've never seen the need tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The only danger I have is dead legs from playing on the toilet. I don't think you can get grips for that…

Personally I find the vita fine for extended plays but if it's uncomfortable you can by grip things online cheapishly. Some people swear by them. I've never seen the need tbh

Dead legs and numb hands are the problem mostly from lying down while playing. I have a grip truth be told I prefer not to use it buttons are much louder so night time play not great. I just ment you cant really play for 3-4hours non stop with out abut of hand cramp or numbness but you can with a console and TV. But I think the Vita is great

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The only danger I have is dead legs from playing on the toilet. I don't think you can get grips for that…

Try doing it with high blood pressure to boot, damn Danganronpa will cost me a leg next time I get into a class trial. :pac:

I got disgaea 4 over the weekend,some really funny dialog so far but damn there's just soooo much to try and remember >_<

Strangers Wrath HD
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Velocity 2X
    Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Stealth Inc
    Steamworld Inc
    Rayman Legends
    Guacamelee
    Limbo
    Mutual Blobs Attack
    Thomas Was Alone
    MotorStormRC
    Rogue Legacy
    Dragons Crown
    Muramasa Rebirth
    Persona 3
    Don't Starve
    Lumines
    Joe Danger
    Virtua Tennis
    Everybodys Golf

i see your point and i want to use my ps vita more but i dont see the gain. all the HD remakes are available ob the ps3 with a generally better framerate and lower price (was in gamestop today sourcing out prices) the only games i truly enjoyed were injustice, killzone and mgs. injustice is on console, mgs 3ds has a peacewalker flare and would be my preferred choice so the only thing i liked on the ps vita that wasnt available anywhere else was killzone.

this isnt me trying to casue a thread of arguments, i know japanese games and indies are to peoples taste and thats great but i think we can all mutually agree that more content and games would be beneficial to the console.

• Advertisement

i like all kinds, rainbow 6 vegas is a personal favourite, so is space marines and gears of war and god of war aswell as mgs. im a lover of ratchet and clank aswell but my issue with the hd remakes is that just because they are on the vita doesn't mean ill buy em for the vita, the ps3 ones are better. i'd like a nice AAA game to sink my teeth into or just better ps3 remote play for games

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement