Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I don't think you're going to see much AAA titles on the Vita. Sony have more or less said they will be going the indie route. You'll still get some big games, but like yourself, I'd rather my AAA on the big screen. Portable gaming is best served by games that you can drop in and out of easily. You still have Minecraft coming soon, which will be massive for the platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just decided to redownload Lunar Silver Star for PSP onto my Vita, great game iirc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

i like all kinds, rainbow 6 vegas is a personal favourite, so is space marines and gears of war and god of war aswell as mgs. im a lover of ratchet and clank aswell but my issue with the hd remakes is that just because they are on the vita doesn't mean ill buy em for the vita, the ps3 ones are better. i'd like a nice AAA game to sink my teeth into or just better ps3 remote play for games

Have you played tearaway? If you haven't its a gem of a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Is the Jak and Daxter trilogy really that bad on the Vita? I've heard the Sly and Ratchet and Clank ports are good but the Jak and Daxter one is supposedly very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Redo91 wrote: »
    Is the Jak and Daxter trilogy really that bad on the Vita? I've heard the Sly and Ratchet and Clank ports are good but the Jak and Daxter one is supposedly very poor.

first is actually a pretty good port, but the second one has a dodgy camera. I didn't try the third one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

RedXIV wrote: »
    first is actually a pretty good port, but the second one has a dodgy camera. I didn't try the third one

Ya they seem to have gotten pretty poor reviews. It's a shame as of all the ports they are the ones I'm most interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

Have you played tearaway? If you haven't its a gem of a game!

i'll keep an eye open for that one so

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Redo91 wrote: »
    RedXIV wrote: »

Not sure it is, that race section just has me blocked, can't move past it or come close to finishing it. Shame as on the console it was one of the sections I enjoyed quite a bit, same with the second one - race through the city is damned near impossible for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I never played any of the Jak and Daxter games on a console before so maybe that is why but I didn't have any problems at all with the Trilogy on Vita, so much so that I platinumed all 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i'll keep an eye open for that one so

It's honestly worth owning a Vita for, and Velocity 2X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Ordered Persona 4 Golden yesterday from Play Asia, about 21 Euro delivered.

Ordered Persona 4 Golden yesterday from Play Asia, about 21 Euro delivered.

You heard it here first, Teddy is awesome. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Rogue Legacy is taking over my life, way too addictive, short games that still let you make progress overall add up to an absolute time sink

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

fenris wrote: »
    Rogue Legacy is taking over my life, way too addictive, short games that still let you make progress overall add up to an absolute time sink

Ha me too,tough game,level 20 and I still can't kill the first boss :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Unless you are using Yukiko as a attacker and neglecting Salvation, Teddy is fairly redundant in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

BEARSONA

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I'm not enjoying Uncharted that much at all. It just seems like a poor mans Uncharted with very little effort put into the design. The touch screen and motion control elements are jarring when they come up. It's not even that good looking. It's so jaggy and very obvious it's running in half the resolution of other Vita titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well I'm not enjoying Uncharted that much at all. It just seems like a poor mans Uncharted with very little effort put into the design. The touch screen and motion control elements are jarring when they come up. It's not even that good looking. It's so jaggy and very obvious it's running in half the resolution of other Vita titles.

Yeah, it's very much the poor cousin of the PS3 titles. It's not a very satisfying title.

I still think it's a better game than the first Uncharted. I had fun with it.

Xenji wrote: »
    Unless you are using Yukiko as a attacker and neglecting Salvation, Teddy is fairly redundant in the game.

Blasphemer, thou shalt utter no further slights against the great Teddy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just kept everyone in Persona 4 at a similar level and changed them if they were a liability for the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Teddy is easily one of the best characters in the game and I love using him

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wasnt a fan either, it's pretty boring tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Is that the Golden Abyss version you're playing? I platinumed that the other week, I thought it was quite good for a Vita game, obviously it's not goin to compare too well against the PS3.

I thought ye were all just figments of my imagination...

..but today as I was playing my vita on the tube home. I looked to my right to see another person playing the vita!

I was so shocked, it threw me off one of the critical urgency levels in Velocity 2X.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

i agree with you 100%.
    the touch elements dont have the punch like killzone had, plus , the combat feels weak in a sense, no weight behind the punches unlike the console counterpart if that makes sense to you.

while saying that i dont like uncharted in general so that may have something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Agreed, Uncharted GA was a chore at the end. Rinse and repeat stuff. Not as many puzzle type scenarios and run and gun and hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Anyone recommend a good Vita game? Heading away on holidays soon and looking to pick something up to keep me occupied. Was thinking about Child Of Light?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good Vita game? Heading away on holidays soon and looking to pick something up to keep me occupied. Was thinking about Child Of Light?

Child of Light is a great game, but depending on how long you are going for you could have it finished in about 10 hours, I would recommend Demon Gaze to go along with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Xenji wrote: »
    Child of Light is a great game, but depending on how long you are going for you could have it finished in about 10 hours, I would recommend Demon Gaze to go along with it.

Yeh gone for 10 days so need something to tie me over. Maybe FFX?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement