Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Yeh gone for 10 days so need something to tie me over. Maybe FFX?

It plays very well on the Vita and you can easily put well over 100 plus hours into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Xenji wrote: »
    It plays very well on the Vita and you can easily put well over 100 plus hours into it.

I found the remastered soundtrack to be very disappointing. I wish there was a way to play the HD version with the original music.

GreenWolfe wrote: »
    I found the remastered soundtrack to be very disappointing. I wish there was a way to play the HD version with the original music.

Did you try it with headphones on, the Vitas sound quality vastly improves with a good pair?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Persona 4 has been recommended to me. I've never really played any JRPGs - I suppose Final Fantasy & in particular FFVII would be the closest I've come. I'd love s game that reminded me of FFVII

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone played Murasaki baby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Persona 4 has been recommended to me. I've never really played any JRPGs - I suppose Final Fantasy & in particular FFVII would be the closest I've come. I'd love s game that reminded me of FFVII

Persona 4 is very different to FFVII in terms of story, but the mechanics of battling are similar enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GreenWolfe wrote: »

The soundtrack isn't bad but just isn't as good as the original. Some of the instrument choices change the tempo and feel of many of the tracks. I wish it had the option of the old soundtrack but it doesn't spoil the game for me.

I'd highly recommend Persona 4. It's not much like FFVII but I'd say its a far better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I wanted to try the demo first, but it seems to be removed from the store :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think frozen synapse is out today on vita.

For people interested in seeing what games are coming to the Vita a Neogaf user has listed over 150 games with a screenshot to go with each of them, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858508.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Xenji wrote: »
    For people interested in seeing what games are coming to the Vita a Neogaf user has listed over 150 games with a screenshot to go with each of them, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858508.

Nice list I would like to see a few more AAA titles though I think it's mostly Indie of jap orientated for the most part.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're out of luck. Sony said they will support the vita but not to expect any more games like Uncharted or Resistance. Suits me though the vita suits indie games and RPGs much better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I played an hour or two today. It's very good with one not insiginificant caveat and that's the controls. I like the idea of dragging the character reluctantly through the world (it ties in nicely with the game's themes and tone), but the Vita screen just doesn't seem totally game for it, especially when there's multiple fingers involved.

That said, everything else is fantastic. The art style is superb, and looks great on the Vita screen thanks to its distinctive, vivid use of colour. There's a rich and compelling atmosphere from the off. The themes and story are explored as much through aesthetics and mechanics that anything. The puzzles are very gently challenging, but it's the kind of game I appreciate more and more - a tightly paced game that seems to have no intentions of overstaying its welcome. Control quirks aside, it's a little gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You're out of luck. Sony said they will support the vita but not to expect any more games like Uncharted or Resistance. Suits me though the vita suits indie games and RPGs much better.
    Still a shame I enjoyed uncharted all the same.
    I do like a good indie game myself and am loving Joe Danger at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Retr0gamer wrote: »

A couple more Tearaway style games would be nice though. Enjoying the indies like Velocity 2x but I wouldn't be a huge RPG fan - I generally never have enough time to sink into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nice list, although a Persona dance game is a frightening prospect, Grim Fandango is what I most look forward to and Tales of the Heart.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I played an hour or two today. It's very good with one not insiginificant caveat and that's the controls. I like the idea of dragging the character reluctantly through the world (it ties in nicely with the game's themes and tone), but the Vita screen just doesn't seem totally game for it, especially when there's multiple fingers involved.

That said, everything else is fantastic. The art style is superb, and looks great on the Vita screen thanks to its distinctive, vivid use of colour. There's a rich and compelling atmosphere from the off. The themes and story are explored as much through aesthetics and mechanics that anything. The puzzles are very gently challenging, but it's the kind of game I appreciate more and more - a tightly paced game that seems to have no intentions of overstaying its welcome. Control quirks aside, it's a little gem.

Are all the controls touch screen or just movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Are all the controls touch screen or just movement?

Most are. There are some gryo controls later on - and the sticks and buttons are also used later - but it is mostly the two touchscreens.

I find it works surprisingly well. Far better than it did with Escape Plan for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Boo! Child of Light discount only for the PS4 version!

Unless it's cross buy, which it doesn't appear to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I see rogue legacy is on sale for ps4, is it cross buy for the vita?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Appears to be on the store - all 3 hardware versions listed under it (great game by the way)

DeSelby83 wrote: »

I play it on vita and ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Actually so did I - started on vita - uploaded my save to the cloud and continued on the PS4 - great system.

I see frozen synapse is up on the store for 16.99,I wonder is it any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I see frozen synapse is up on the store for 16.99,I wonder is it any good.

Its fantastic on PC and Android, hopefully the Vita version will do it as much credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

fifa 15 is up. doesnt make any mention of legacy edition but i dont wanna waste 40 quid if it is . anyone know if its a new game or just updated squads

jonny666 wrote: »
    fifa 15 is up. doesnt make any mention of legacy edition but i dont wanna waste 40 quid if it is . anyone know if its a new game or just updated squads

Same as last year,just updated squads, your man in charge (cant think of his name) basically said last year vita wasn't a priority for them, bad form if ya ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Same as last year,just updated squads, your man in charge (cant think of his name) basically said last year vita wasn't a priority for them, bad form if ya ask me.

cool. thanks for that. tis bad form anda shame. think it would be a great platform for fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ys 1&2 Chronicles, Ys 7 and Ys Oath of Felghana are €9.99 each on PSN, fun games and cheap for this price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Got FIFA 15 on Vita yesterday. No Online play, and the commentary tracks are from FIFA 13 (Calling Palace a Championship team). Avoid

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement