Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

cloud493 wrote: »
    No thats only for the people getting it early (I think)

Which kinda sucks really. We never got any kind of early adapter option. I'll be putting the bones of 500€ (Thank you GameStop 25% plus Christmas and birthday being so close, I can't tell the wife it's that much in total!) into this. Would be nice to get it a week early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Daemos wrote: »
    Really can't decide whether I want this or not :/

go into game try it out dude, but i was sold on the first 10 seconds of wipeout, havent even tried uc3 yet lol

chrislad wrote: »
    Which kinda sucks really. We never got any kind of early adapter option. I'll be putting the bones of 500€ (Thank you GameStop 25% plus Christmas and birthday being so close, I can't tell the wife it's that much in total!) into this. Would be nice to get it a week early!!

yeah gamestops 25% has been amazing, a mate traded in his xbox 4 gb an 3ds with about 12 games in total and has every game preorderd with the console, all he has to pay is 30 quid

ghey

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How come some people are getting it on wed the 15th :-0 *sulk*?

The video is for the US, the age rating on Little Deviants is a letter not a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Finally got to play the vita in game today. Its very light and very easy to hold its about as comfy or more comfy in the hands than the dualshock (its way easier to hold than the 3ds). The buttons are just the right size but they are smaller than the psp if your hands are big it could be an issue. The analogs are tiny about 1/2 the size of the duelshock but they work really well but it takes a while to adjust to using them as they feel different to consoe controllers.

The Os is very clean and is extremely snappy the multitasking is fantastic and it allows switching games as long as they are digital not sure if its as easy to switch between psyical games or not. The only downside to the hardware is the gameslot looks fiddlely dont even know how you open it lol.

I played Uncharted and Wipeout Wipeout was awesome and seemed very smooth even smoother than the ps3, the controls are great and the grapics are on the same level as ps3 really the only downside is the loading is about a full minute per track which feels like ages. Uncharted looked great although it was abit jaggy but not that bad, the controls work well but take getting used to.

I can't wait to get my own vita only a couple of days left ~.~

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Do you have to pre order them early Vitas? Also would our 3G cards work.. $350 doesn't seem bad and my sister coming back on 22nd from America..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Do you have to pre order them early Vitas? Also would our 3G cards work.. $350 doesn't seem bad and my sister coming back on 22nd from America..

The pre-order early access was US only. Couldn't get it over here.

The Vita is unlocked and will work with any sim card. It comes packaged with a Vodafone sim card, and more importantly, a free copy of Wipeout!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Early adopters(that's the program) of The Vita were chosen I think. Don't think you'll get on it now.

probably, gonna try out the battery first though lol

Not bothering with the battery charger, gonna get a case though, looks like a scratch magnet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Whats the story with vodafone and the 3g, must we sign up to a 12 month contract to get wipeout , or can we just get the 3g model and have access to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

I'll probabaly get this or a similar third party one.But as far as I'm aware the release date for the official one you linked to,will not be the 22nd(launch day).You are probably looking at late March/April.This should give you time to test out the strenghts of the internal battery.

tonydude wrote: »
    Whats the story with vodafone and the 3g, must we sign up to a 12 month contract to get wipeout , or can we just get the 3g model and have access to it.

my understanding is you can activate the sim get the first month free then cancel the renewal , like a pay as you go broadband thing, but the vita is sim free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

what so all stores selling the 3g will have a copy of wipeout in the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Amazon France are doing the vita for €229.99 with an 8gb card for free.

See here (also offer €10 off Fifa and/or Virtua Tennis)

I've preordered this and with tax and shipping to Ireland total cost is €246.86. This looks like a good deal to me. Is there any downside to buying from France? I can't think of anything (delivery might take a few days).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    This looks like a good deal to me. Is there any downside to buying from France? I can't think of anything (delivery might take a few days).
    You'll need to buy an adaptor for the plug
    Not bothering with the battery charger, gonna get a case though, looks like a scratch magnet :D

I'm getting this one http://www.zavvi.com/10587253.html

but amazon.co.uk deal is the best deal out there

psvita wifi free 8gb memory card + 15 pounds game equal 285 ? best deal out there

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    You'll need to buy an adaptor for the plug

I'm getting this one http://www.zavvi.com/10587253.html

Thats nice :) so 20 euro here?

Thats nice :) so 20 euro here?

No, 16 euro and change

No I mean buying it on the high street here.

Oh probably even more than that, the U.K. R.R.P. is £17

Pain :/ might ask for it for my birthday then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Otacon wrote: »
    Currently there is a PSP game sale on the PS... SEN! I would be interested in picking up GTA VCS and LCS, but I was wondering if someone could confirm if they will work with both sticks of the Vita.

Yes, all PSN games will work on VITA. Even the free ones we got a while ago. Not all UMD games are on PSN and they are usually more expensive. PSN points etc will also work. Sony has unified all the services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Finally got to play the vita in game today. Its very light and very easy to hold its about as comfy or more comfy in the hands than the dualshock (its way easier to hold than the 3ds). The buttons are just the right size but they are smaller than the psp if your hands are big it could be an issue. The analogs are tiny about 1/2 the size of the duelshock but they work really well but it takes a while to adjust to using them as they feel different to consoe controllers.

The Os is very clean and is extremely snappy the multitasking is fantastic and it allows switching games as long as they are digital not sure if its as easy to switch between psyical games or not. The only downside to the hardware is the gameslot looks fiddlely dont even know how you open it lol.

I played Uncharted and Wipeout Wipeout was awesome and seemed very smooth even smoother than the ps3, the controls are great and the grapics are on the same level as ps3 really the only downside is the loading is about a full minute per track which feels like ages. Uncharted looked great although it was abit jaggy but not that bad, the controls work well but take getting used to.

I can't wait to get my own vita only a couple of days left ~.~

The loading is due to the speed (class) of the memory cards. They are class 4. In other words **** slow. I would recommend getting 8gb memory card with the Vita and waiting for a higher speed card which will inevitably come out come months after Feb 22nd. A third party is bound to produce one. The loading is really bad. As in minutes. I thought the one I ahd was broken it took so long!

Anyone see the deal with Ridge Racer, there are 5 cars and 3 tracks on the game, the rest is paid dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone see the deal with Ridge Racer, there are 5 cars and 3 tracks on the game, the rest is paid dlc.
    what?? thats fecking rip off if ever i heard it..

how much is the game gonna be then 15 quid and then all dlc??

• Advertisement

what?? thats fecking rip off if ever i heard it..

how much is the game gonna be then 15 quid and then all dlc??

€24.99 looks to be the cheapest, welcome to the world of tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement