Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

RedXIV wrote: »
    Just picked it up last night, so will probably pay single player tonight but will be happy to do coop after that?

I'm absolutely loving freedom wars!!! Most fun game I've had on the vita in ages!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

RedXIV wrote: »
    Can you get netflix on it actually?

I'm pretty sure you can get Netflix on an EU account via unofficial means (but depends on firmware version etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Few more Tales of Hearts R reviews

Gaming Trend - 95/100
    Hardcore Gamer - 3.5/5
    EGM - 8/10
    Gamesided - 7.5/10
    N4G - 4.5/5
    PSU - 8.5/0
    CG Magazine - 7/10
    Game Informer - 7/10
    RPGamer - 3.5/5

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyway to check how much this will be on the store? I got stung by freedom wars which was 25 on the store and I paid 40 for it on amazon :O Dont wanna get stung again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I paid 30 in GameStop, never seen GameStop cheaper than amazon before!

Quite liking the Vita TV and don't get the negative response to it. If you are looking for a streaming box then you will be disappointed although I'm pretty sure more streaming services will be made available for it. However if you want a Vita to hook up to a TV it does exactly what it says on the tin. Be warned, 3D PSP games don't look all that great on it but that is to be expected.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Its not out till Friday though :s?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Quite liking the Vita TV and don't get the negative response to it. If you are looking for a streaming box then you will be disappointed although I'm pretty sure more streaming services will be made available for it.

I wouldn't count on that, especially in Europe. There are issues between Netflix and Sony in particular that means the Netflix Vita app still isn't available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's only €30 in gamestop?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its not out till Friday though :s?

I was talking about Freedom Wars.
    I wouldn't count on that, especially in Europe. There are issues between Netflix and Sony in particular that means the Netflix Vita app still isn't available here.

Well I don't really mind, as a Vita I can hook up to my TV it does everything I want, I've plenty of other streaming devices.

• Advertisement

Tales of hearts r is up on the store for 39, so I'll hang onto my amazon order .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

How is it handling remote play though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The app it DRM free, you can download it on a US account and then with a bit or swapping or backing up then get it on a EU account.
    at

Killzone Mercenary is only €10 on the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

tok9 wrote: »
    Killzone Mercenary is only €10 on the store.

For anyone looking for a handheld shooter I can not recommend this one highly enough. I got it in argos for €20 and put about 20 hours of play into it.

Theres a handy bot mod as well for multiplayer if your not on wifi which I used more than I thought I would. Its a couple of quid download extra add on.

€10 is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Sweet, thanks for the heads up, iv been waiting for the price to drop a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

Quite liking the Vita TV and don't get the negative response to it. If you are looking for a streaming box then you will be disappointed although I'm pretty sure more streaming services will be made available for it. However if you want a Vita to hook up to a TV it does exactly what it says on the tin. Be warned, 3D PSP games don't look all that great on it but that is to be expected.

really depends what 3d games you're playing. tekken 6 looks great on it.

really depends what 3d games you're playing. tekken 6 looks great on it.

I tried Black Rock Shooter. Stuff that is far away looks pretty bad which isn't something you'd see in tekken. Still not something that would put me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

I tried Black Rock Shooter. Stuff that is far away looks pretty bad which isn't something you'd see in tekken. Still not something that would put me off it.

i see what you mean. i have a psp go and the component cables to play on a tv with a dualshock and i really use it to play all the remakes like megaman, castlevania, ghosts n goblins. i've been playing third birthday ob the small screen but i'd bet that'd look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

In fairness I have that game and it looks a bit rough on the vita too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got Tales of Hearts R in GAME in Belfast today for £25, thankfully it was sealed as I may end up using it as a Xmas gift, Includes 3 DLC and some sort of code for a competition to win the Japanese Collectors Edition.

Got Tales of Hearts R in GAME in Belfast today for £25, thankfully it was sealed as I may end up using it as a Xmas gift, Includes 3 DLC and some sort of code for a competition to win the Japanese Collectors Edition.

Keep it, its not the best Tales game, but I thoroughly enjoyed it again on the Vita.

After debating it for the week I caved and just bought Danganronpa for €15 on the PSN store.

Not sure where I'm going to find time to play it as I haven't even touched Freedom Wars in a while now and I'm only on Code 4 in that :P

tok9 wrote: »
    After debating it for the week I caved and just bought Danganronpa for €15 on the PSN store.

Not sure where I'm going to find time to play it as I haven't even touched Freedom Wars in a while now and I'm only on Code 4 in that :P

Great game, but will take about 30 hours to beat, the sequel Goodbye Despair is a great game as well and takes twice as long to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Monokuma is like nothing you have ever seen, enjoy.

Been meaning to go back to this as I am about halfway through it, great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was reading there in the US people who got the Vita when it 1st came out in the 1st 3 months are $25 USD credit on PSN for some lie they said in there adds over cross games. Are we going to be getting something like that here as stupid as it sounds ?

Was reading there in the US people who got the Vita when it 1st came out in the 1st 3 months are $25 USD credit on PSN for some lie they said in there adds over cross games. Are we going to be getting something like that here as stupid as it sounds ?

It was a fair ruling, Sony pretty much lied in those adverts about the functionality of the Vita, the new PS4 advert is along those same lines as well, they need to be very careful.

As for getting the rebate, it was a US ruling so won't apply europeans unles Europe takes them to court over the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dear users,

I am thinking of Buying a 2nd hand Vita, what do I need to know?
    How much is a good price for the Vita alone?
    What cables / cards / leads / Adaptors should come with it?
    Is there any real stand-out unbelievable games I should look for?

I know to all you knowledgeable types this is probably showing my ignorance but forgive my lack of knowledge :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cormac... wrote: »
    Dear users,

I am thinking of Buying a 2nd hand Vita, what do I need to know?
    How much is a good price for the Vita alone?
    What cables / cards / leads / Adaptors should come with it?
    Is there any real stand-out unbelievable games I should look for?

I know to all you knowledgeable types this is probably showing my ignorance but forgive my lack of knowledge :o

Not sure on price, but the main things you need are
    - charging cable
    - memory card

As far as games go, i'm more of a big title kind of gamer. God of War collection is awesome. Assasin Creed is supposed to be awesome, it'll be my next purchase. Call of Duty was decent, I've played the demo of Little Big Planet and it looks like loads of fun. Unit 13 not so great.....there is a race car game as well I have, cant remember the name of it...but it works real well on the Vita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

There are two models, the old model (generally known as the OLED model) and the new (Slim) model. Both have their pros and cons - some people, like myself, love the OLED screen on the old model while other people prefer the slimmer nature and buttons of the new non-OLED model. You can tell the different because the old model has a metal band around the outer frame, similar to an iphone 4.

For a vita alone, a second-hand price should be no more than 150 euro, (a brand new is 200 euro in a bundle with a memory card and game(s)).

A/c adaptor + charger cable is all it needs (this cable doubles up as the usb-cable to connect to pc for backing up games etc).

As mentioned above, you'll need a memory card - unless you get a slim model which has 1gig memory built in (though that won't get you far).

Have to disagree with the game suggestions above - avoid assassins creed and call of duty. Killzone is a must have, and is exclusive. I would also put Gravity Rush (another exclusive) as a must have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement