Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

hey guys. whats the batman game like on vita any good. i was thinking about geeting a 3ds as well so should i get it for vita or 3ds.

I enjoyed it. its also available now on PC, Xbox, ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

This post has been deleted.

That you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

That you can.

Yep. I believe there are even cases where a PS1 game which isn't listed as Vita-compatible and can't be downloaded to Vita, can be legitimately transferred from PS3 to vita and works. Moral of the story, don't go by Sonys "compatibility" list (though obviously the ones they say are compatible definitely are, just not the other way around)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

animaX wrote: »
    Yep. I believe there are even cases where a PS1 game which isn't listed as Vita-compatible and can't be downloaded to Vita, can be legitimately transferred from PS3 to vita and works. Moral of the story, don't go by Sonys "compatibility" list (though obviously the ones they say are compatible definitely are, just not the other way around)

So if I have a couple of ps1 games downloaded from the us psn store on my ps3, I can transfer them over to my Irish account on my vita?

• Advertisement

So if I have a couple of ps1 games downloaded from the us psn store on my ps3, I can transfer them over to my Irish account on my vita?

Sorry no, still region/account locked.

There's a work around that involves buying an extra memory card and doing a factory reset everytime you want to switch. Seems a bit of a pain in the hoop so I never really bother trying it out.

There's a work around that involves buying an extra memory card and doing a factory reset everytime you want to switch. Seems a bit of a pain in the hoop so I never really bother trying it out.

Yes agreed, but this doesn't allow you to transfer a game from a US account to an EU account as mentioned in the previous post. This allows you to effectively have two accounts on one vita.

However, demo's and other non-DRMed content (Netflix etc) CAN be installed on vitas/accounts from other regions, e.g. you can install US or JAP demos on an EU-account vita.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Danganronpa 2 is on sale now - €16 with PS+

I haven't even started the first one after buying that but that looks like another great price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

tok9 wrote: »
    Danganronpa 2 is on sale now - €16 with PS+

I haven't even started the first one after buying that but that looks like another great price!

Great game, even better than the first and with a more interesting cast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Resogun announced for Vita (and PS3) - now that would be a damn good commuting game.

30FPS though - those particles won't be quite as fetching.

Resogun announced for Vita (and PS3) - now that would be a damn good commuting game.

30FPS though - those particles won't be quite as fetching.

Free as well for PS Plus users who already got the PS4 version. Score!

Looking forward to the next dlc from them too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

sweetie wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. its also available now on PC, Xbox, ps3.

cool, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Need for Speed free this weekend, for life, on Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Need for Speed free this weekend, for life, on Vita.

Thanks buddy, just checked there and you're right. Have it purchased now. Good spot!

van_beano wrote: »
    Thanks buddy, just checked there and you're right. Have it purchased now. Good spot!

It's part of the Playstation experience event this weekend. EA have given 3 free games. The other two are:

PS3 - Mirror's Edge
    PS4 - Plants v Zombies: Garden Warfare

tok9 wrote: »
    It's part of the Playstation experience event this weekend. EA have given 3 free games. The other two are:

PS3 - Mirror's Edge
    PS4 - Plants v Zombies: Garden Warfare

I am totally out of the loop with these updates, just purchased those two now aswell! Gonna start Deadly Premonition next though....Backlog is never ending.

What's need for speed like on the vita?

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed it. Great racing for a handheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Have heard it's one of the best examples of a console quality game. Just need to make room on the memory card for it now.

Have bought Tearaway, LBP and Child of Light in the last few days. These sales are handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Have heard it's one of the best examples of a console quality game. Just need to make room on the memory card for it now.

Have bought Tearaway, LBP and Child of Light in the last few days. These sales are handy.

I have the same problem but refuse to buy a bigger memory card until those prices drop.

Started Danganronpa over the weekend. Finished the first trial. So far I'm really enjoying it.

My Christmas should be sorted with that and the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭P_Fitz

Hi, I'm thinking about getting a PS Vita bundle with 6 lego games from Smyths for €170 and also Minecraft for my 10 year old son. What do you think? Good idea? Price okay? games okay? Thanks.

P_Fitz wrote: »
    Hi, I'm thinking about getting a PS Vita bundle with 6 lego games from Smyths for €170 and also Minecraft for my 10 year old son. What do you think? Good idea? Price okay? games okay? Thanks.

I got that bundle about 6 months ago. The price is fantastic, the games are downloaded from the PS Store, you get a 16gb SD card with that bundle. The only downside is having 6 lego games, they all play pretty much the exact same so boredom can set in. I had a load of games from PS+ that I had been "purchasing" over the months for free so I had a backlog of games before I even took the Vita out of the box.

All in all I'm loving my Vita and find that I'm using it more than the PS3 now. As for Minecraft, I've never played it so can't offer any advice on it.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭P_Fitz

Thanks van_beano. Actually is comes with 8GB, is that enough do you think? Yeah, I was thinking 6 lego games was a bit overkill but he's a big minecraft fan. Can you download the games straight away? I don't want him having to wait when he gets the present.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Thanks van_beano. Actually is comes with 8GB, is that enough do you think? Yeah, I was thinking 6 lego games was a bit overkill but he's a big minecraft fan. Can you download the games straight away? I don't want him having to wait when he gets the present.

You'll probably get 3 or 4 of the Lego games to fit on an 8gb card with Minecraft aswell. It's not a great size but would do to hold Minecraft and a couple big games.

Downloading on Vita can take a bit longer than on other devices, at least in my case anyway.

You can download them straight away as long as you have a decent broadband connection. There's a code in the pack that you enter into the PS store, you then purchase the games, obviously it'll be purchased at €0, then download. If you don't have a PSN A/C already you can set up one for free before you get the Vita, it'll avoid all the setting up hassle when you go to download the games.

Games for the Vita can range in size between 500MB to maybe 2GB or so, some may be bigger or smaller than that range. You may have problems with the 8GB card in terms of storing loads of games though. Games can be downloaded, deleted and redownloaded as often as you like if you find you're running out of space. You can always buy bigger SD cards for it, not sure where the best place to buy them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Is that the new slim model or one of the original wifi or 3g models?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement