Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Same mind myself, still buy Vita games when I can in store, another bargain up on the PSN now is Ys for Vita for €11.99.

I paid €40 in the ripoff merchants that are Gamestop for this gem on launch day grab a bargain before North Korea hack the servers again. ;)

How dear you insult our glorious leader North Korea is best Korea.
    Is Ys worth 11.99

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is Ys worth 11.99

Good god yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I bought ys in the sale yesterday. Had been toying with the idea of it for a while. Couldn't say no for €12.

I haven't started it yet but did look through the manual on the Vita.
    I know it's not an actual manual but it is pretty. Nice artwork, backround and character intros.

I like when games put in the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Good little game, just finished it a while back. Looking forwards to revisiting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

trying to download R&C trilogy but vita keeps going to sleep and pauses the download. any way to fix this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I believe on mine at least that if it naturally goes to sleep (you leave the screen on, just put it down) it continues to download. If you put it to sleep yourself though it will pause.
    To be safe maybe leave it plugged in but not really needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Football Manager 2014 is €7.49 on PSN, 2015 isn't being released on Vita so seems a bargain to me, that's my christmas day entertainment sorted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got natural doctrine for 18,some very deal to be had,I have a lot of them already though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Older sister has commandeered my vita...no fair!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hey folks. Long time PS3 gamer although I don't have a PS4 yet. I was thinking about picking up the Vita in the sales. Haven't time to read over 8,800 posts in this thread. :o Is there somewhere I can get the rundown on whether it's worth it?

Or can summarise? :)

How is battery? How is connectivity with the PS3?

I'm a Playstation Plus member.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

faceman wrote: »
    Hey folks. Long time PS3 gamer although I don't have a PS4 yet. I was thinking about picking up the Vita in the sales. Haven't time to read over 8,800 posts in this thread. :o Is there somewhere I can get the rundown on whether it's worth it?

Or can summarise? :)

How is battery? How is connectivity with the PS3?

I'm a Playstation Plus member.

Cheers!

Depends on witch model you get. You have the OLED one with is the 1st vita with the better screen but the battery is fairly bad in it i get about 3 hours at best from it fully charge with WIFI turned on. But the new LCD ones the screen looks a bit washed out from what i have read but the battery lasts for about 5 hours +.

Connectivity basicly notting other then being able to download your vita games to the PS3 and transferring over to the vita also there is a few Remote Play play games.

Heres a guide how to set it up https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3815/~/ps-vita-and-ps3-remote-play-guide

The list at the bottom will show what you can use remotely
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play

You can just download all your past PSN+ games to your vita and play the console online. But i would tell you to get at lest a 16GB card for your games as anything smaller is no go. I wish when i got my Vita day 1 3 years ago there was 32GB cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Can anyone tell me where is cheapest place to buy a memory card? Looking for a 16 or 32 gb depending on price. Tia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Can anyone tell me where is cheapest place to buy a memory card? Looking for a 16 or 32 gb depending on price. Tia.

Argos is the cheapest for the 16 gig card if you just want to go in and buy one at €33.00, they do not stock bigger sizes anymore, if you want to get them cheaper online use www.videogamesplus.ca or www.play-asia.com, you will get if quicker with VGP and you do not have to worry about customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Thank you Xenji

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenji wrote: »
    you will get if quicker with VGP and you do not have to worry about customs.

You're just as likely to get stung by customs with VGP I'm afraid.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You're just as likely to get stung by customs with VGP I'm afraid.

Never had an issue in 4 years, and have ordered at times over €200 and €300 worth stuff, they always put on it that the package has cheap dvds in it or a novelty toy, even using their new DHL or FedEx service it has been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Never had an issue in 4 years, and have ordered at times over €200 and €300 worth stuff, they always put on it that the package has cheap dvds in it or a novelty toy, even using their new DHL or FedEx service it has been fine.

Same

I've been caught with VGP and playasia before. It's a lottery really if you get caught but more often than not if gets through, it's rare if it gets picked up by customs though. You're definitely not immune from customs by going with VGP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone know if any of the gamestops stock 16GB cards, I have a voucher and would like to get one for my new ps TV :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I asked today actually and they said they do but were out of stock.

Any vita Minecraft players? I need some help with the trophies :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

i've been playing ratchet and clank on vita. the controls aren't great. ratchet and clank size matters on the psp had better controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Yeah I thought that to then played abit of the old ps2 version over Xmas and they are the same to me anyway. I think older games didn't handle as well and when you update the graphics for new systems it's really noticeable. Then again some upgrades are badly done but j think ratchet and clank was a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I have a PS Vita with 2 games (physical copies). I bought it in October 2013 but I can honestly say that I've barely played it. I also have an Xbox360 and that barely gets played anymore. I want to sell my PS Vita but I don't know what to do. About a year ago, there was a Final Fantasy sale on the PS Store and I bought a ton of them. WIll they be useless to me without a Vita?

kaji wrote: »
    I have a PS Vita with 2 games (physical copies). I bought it in October 2013 but I can honestly say that I've barely played it. I also have an Xbox360 and that barely gets played anymore. I want to sell my PS Vita but I don't know what to do. About a year ago, there was a Final Fantasy sale on the PS Store and I bought a ton of them. WIll they be useless to me without a Vita?

Unless the games you bought were cross buy and you have a PS3, then yes if you sell the Vita you will not be able to play them, but they will always stay on the account you purchased them with.

Kinda slipped under the radar, but Steins;Gate is coming to the PS3 and Vita at some point this year, while a bit more of a visual novel then an JRPG it still does incorporate quite a few RPG elements, it was a fantastic game on the PC and will be a must buy this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I picked up Football Manager 2014 in the PS Store for 7.49. Great value compared to the 39.99 there are looking for it in bricks n' motar.
    But I think I need smaller fingers as some of the buttons are pokey on it.

Would a stylus from a DS work on the Vita by any chance?

I'm also trying to weigh up getting Assasssins Creed or Killzone next. Both are reasonably priced at the moment. I've played a few shooters on the Vita at this stage, so i might be swaying towards Asassins Creed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Would a stylus from a DS work on the Vita by any chance?

I'm also trying to weigh up getting Assasssins Creed or Killzone next. Both are reasonably priced at the moment. I've played a few shooters on the Vita at this stage, so i might be swaying towards Asassins Creed.

No idea about the stylus, try it out (though the vita touchscreen could be specifically designed to be finger friendly rather than stylus friendly).

But man, I would strongly recommend killzone over AC. You say you've played shooters on vita but you haven't played the *only* shooter on vita

A DS stylus won't work. The DS and 3DS have touch screens based on pressure while the Vita is capacitive touch meaning you have to touch it with your finger (or other appendage :P ).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I picked up Football Manager 2014 in the PS Store for 7.49. Great value compared to the 39.99 there are looking for it in bricks n' motar.
    But I think I need smaller fingers as some of the buttons are pokey on it.

That drove me nuts. It is still in the vita slot but I just cannot play the game as I got so frustrated with some of the buttons on screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You can get styli for capacitive screens. There's lots cheap ones on eBay, or you could try in those shops that sell phone cases/parts

Maybe you could DIY a mod that includes the DS stylus, or something else that'll be accurate enough for FM2014. Mind you don't scratch the screen though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement