Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

animaX wrote: »
    But man, I would strongly recommend killzone over AC. You say you've played shooters on vita but you haven't played the *only* shooter on vita

B*ll*x to it, might just get both, it's still kind of christmas.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    A DS stylus won't work. The DS and 3DS have touch screens based on pressure while the Vita is capacitive touch meaning you have to touch it with your finger (or other appendage :P ).

Cheers for that, the nerd in me likes that type of knowledge. Now to the black market to find a childs finger :eek:
    Damien360 wrote: »
    That drove me nuts. It is still in the vita slot but I just cannot play the game as I got so frustrated with some of the buttons on screen.

When you are trying to take your assistant managers advise during a game, forget about it! But I'm going to persist with it for now. I put in a few hours last night and was enjoying it. But after one loss went from 3rd to 8th in the table.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Kinda slipped under the radar, but Steins;Gate is coming to the PS3 and Vita at some point this year, while a bit more of a visual novel then an JRPG it still does incorporate quite a few RPG elements, it was a fantastic game on the PC and will be a must buy this year.

I would definitely pick that up, I wonder will they dub the anime series now too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Even reading the word dubbing makes me grimace :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I would definitely pick that up, I wonder will they dub the anime series now too.

It has been dubbed for quite some time now, although I would never bother with dubs, you cannot beat Mamoru Miyano's performance in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Even reading the word dubbing makes me grimace :p
    It has been dubbed for quite some time now, although I would never bother with dubs, you cannot beat Mamoru Miyano's performance in it.

I've tried so many times and I just cant get used to subbed anime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Any idea if there will be a Football Manager 15 on the Vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Redo91 wrote: »
    Any idea if there will be a Football Manager 15 on the Vita?

Not looking likely tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Im looking for football manager 14 on the vita store and i cant find it.

It was there last night for €7.49

:(

Edit: wont let me buy it on the web store either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Rossi IRL wrote: »

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/football-manager-classic-2014-full-game/cid=EP0177-PCSB00357_00-ASIAFOOTBALLMANA?scope=sceapp&smcid=sceapp

Theres the link, wont let me buy it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

eddhorse wrote: »

Yh, i want to buy it but only for the sale price.

Iv bought the last 5 or 6 for pc already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Rossi IRL wrote: »

The January sale isn't due to be over til the 8th? Most of the other games are there.:confused:

penev10 wrote: »
    The January sale isn't due to be over til the 8th? Most of the other games are there.:confused:

Thought it was the 22nd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone play the dangonronpa games. I see a lot of love for them on reddit and the 2nd one seems to be on sale on the store at the moment. Anyone here try them and would you have to have played the first one for the sequel

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone play the dangonronpa games. I see a lot of love for them on reddit and the 2nd one seems to be on sale on the store at the moment. Anyone here try them and would you have to have played the first one for the sequel

Not played them but heard they are like Pheonix Wright only better and I fecking love pheonix wright.

They are both great games, but you do not have to play them in order, although you will miss out on a few in jokes, they both have a different cast of characters, well besides a psychotic bear.

There is an awful lot of running back and forth and the games do take upward to 50 hours plus to beat, which can put a few people off, but as visual novels go they are some of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Number one is psychotic, Monokuma(The bastard bear) is the strangest character I have ever come across in a game, the twists and turns in the game will scare the **** out of you and I am/was only half way through until the recent bs with the PSN caused me to format my vita trying to sign in, I will start again soon though as the game is awesome, the class trials are the part similar to the Phoenix Wright series, they can be difficult to get the hang of at first and get harder as the game goes on, it's a really weird game but worth a go, haven't gotten near number 2 yet I am looking forward to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Im looking at the 2nd one now as its around €15 compared to €40 for the first one on psn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I finished the first one before Christmas and intended to play through the 2nd one during Christmas but I only started yesterday.

It's as crazy as the first. I generally found myself playing for 3-4 hours per night just so I could complete a whole chapter (investigation and trial).

So I highly recommend. However if you are in to these kind of games I'd recommend Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward over it. I loved that game. It had a great story, great puzzles (some a bit too difficult maybe) and the presentation was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

They are both great games, but you do not have to play them in order, although you will miss out on a few in jokes, they both have a different cast of characters, well besides a psychotic bear.

There is an awful lot of running back and forth and the games do take upward to 50 hours plus to beat, which can put a few people off, but as visual novels go they are some of the best.

Sorry for being dense but are they in english (either subtitled or "dubbed")? Loved the Phoenix Wright games

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Sorry for being dense but are they in english (either subtitled or "dubbed")? Loved the Phoenix Wright games

The game has an English dub, but its mainly text based and that is also in English.

• Advertisement

I played it and I didnt like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭BenK

Im looking at the 2nd one now as its around €15 compared to €40 for the first one on psn

The first one is €14.99 on PSN now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've finished up the first trial in Danganronpa 2 and I really like the new changes they made to the class trials.

Still 1 or 2 that take a bit of getting used to but they have definitely improved the hangman's gambit and the final walkthrough of the case. In particular the latter.

Enjoying it, don't like the cast as much as the first game although I am very early in so that will hopefully change.

I will say in both games, I hate how some of the characters are so one dimensional. I just wish they were a small bit more realistic. Maybe that's a bit ridiculous when talking about a game that has a teddy bear as it's villian. :)

• Need some advice lads;
    I'm going to be doing a fair bit of travelling for work this year so need something portable.

I bought a Vita about 2 years ago. However I had issues with the Battery and the only way to get it repaired was to send it to Sony at nearly the same cost to buy a new one.
    I still have the Sony SD card etc.. think its only 16gb though from what I remember.

Anyway, I'm looking to pick up another one again.
    I already have a PS+ subscription but am really unsure of what titles to pick up for it.

Hotline Miami is cross play as I already own it for the PS3 / PS4 so that's a start and I love that game.
    Already own Uncharted from the other one.

Action / Beat Em Ups would be my preferred but not to say I won't try anything else.

Tearaway
    Minecraft
    Killzone (the newest one)

Would be the ones I'd recommend and although I haven't touched it in a long time, I've heard good things about persona 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Need some advice lads;
    I'm going to be doing a fair bit of travelling for work this year so need something portable.

I bought a Vita about 2 years ago. However I had issues with the Battery and the only way to get it repaired was to send it to Sony at nearly the same cost to buy a new one.
    I still have the Sony SD card etc.. think its only 16gb though from what I remember.

Anyway, I'm looking to pick up another one again.
    I already have a PS+ subscription but am really unsure of what titles to pick up for it.

Hotline Miami is cross play as I already own it for the PS3 / PS4 so that's a start and I love that game.
    Already own Uncharted from the other one.

Action / Beat Em Ups would be my preferred but not to say I won't try anything else.

Off the top of my head here are the games that I've liked on the Vita:
    Tearaway
    The Walking Dead
    Sound Shapes
    Gravity Rush
    Need for Speed Most Wanted
    Rayman Origins and Legends
    Escape Plan
    Walking Dead Season 1
    Mortal Kombat
    MGS HD Collection
    Wipeout
    Child of Light
    Stealth: A Clone in the Dark
    Thomas was Alone
    Killzone

Playing Duke Nukem 3D and The Swapper which are both free with Plus this month and The Unfinished Swan and Hohokum that are both in the January Sale at the moment.

Probably not a huge amount of action type games there but there's a fair few PS One classics you can download too. Uncharted isn't bad either but it's slightly short compared to the main games. I may actually go back to it again as I think I was kind of a bit harsh on it when I played it originally. I have Persona 4 but I kind of left it after about 20 hours of play always intending to go back to it but never getting around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Lads, I'm having a bit of a moment about my vita. I got it about a year ago and I never play it. Played my 3ds more last year and feck all came out for this in 2014.

For me, nothing has caught my eye coming this year to the vita. It's just sitting there, not being used at all. It's a beautiful piece of kit, but nothing has tickled me fancy except for uncharted which I loved to bits and tearaway, but sure tearaway is coming to the ps4.

Should I sell it? I've so much going with backlogs for NGC/Wii/U/PS3/4/MD that I think I'm never gonna get around to playing it or giving it the time I need for it.

Maybe I should get rid of it and get a vita tv?

Edit: scratch that, maybe I'm best to just box it all up and put it in a press, out of sight out I mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Lads, I'm having a bit of a moment about my vita. I got it about a year ago and I never play it. Played my 3ds more last year and feck all came out for this in 2014.

For me, nothing has caught my eye coming this year to the vita. It's just sitting there, not being used at all. It's a beautiful piece of kit, but nothing has tickled me fancy except for uncharted which I loved to bits and tearaway, but sure tearaway is coming to the ps4.

Should I sell it? I've so much going with backlogs for NGC/Wii/U/PS3/4/MD that I think I'm never gonna get around to playing it or giving it the time I need for it.

Maybe I should get rid of it and get a vita tv?

Edit: scratch that, maybe I'm best to just box it all up and put it in a press, out of sight out I mind?

I think if you've got PS Plus you're as handy to hold on to it. I didn't play a lot of it for most of last year but I got a nice of backlog of games for Plus and ended up getting stuck back into about November or so. It's great for ploughing through some of the indie games on Plus such as Velocity 2x, Steamworld Dig, The Swapper and Don't Starve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yeah, I don't pay for plus anymore as I don't play online and I hardly ever get around to playing the free games and much prefer to have a physical copy of a game a much as possible.

I think the vita is just not for me, and that's ok lol. Just such a shame it's not being played. I'll sit on it for a month or so and see how I feel then.

Thanks for the reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Yeah, I don't pay for plus anymore as I don't play online and I hardly ever get around to playing the free games and much prefer to have a physical copy of a game a much as possible.

I think the vita is just not for me, and that's ok lol. Just such a shame it's not being played. I'll sit on it for a month or so and see how I feel then.

Thanks for the reply!

I seem to be playing more of the Vita these days and not going near my PS3 or PS4. The Hungry Horde, NFS:Most Wanted and Rainbow Moon have kept me busy, there's some great games on the Vita.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement