Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Does anyone else have an issue with Duke Nukem 3D where it just hangs for about half a second before returning to normal? Seems to happen at random.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

van_beano wrote: »
    NFS:Most Wanted

I have gotten majorly addicted to running down cops. I have a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I have gotten majorly addicted to running down cops. I have a problem!

In fairness they run down themselves, their driving does be woeful. At one point they may have you trapped only for another car to arrive and plough into them whilst you make good your escape!

Great game though, both on the PS3 and Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Does anyone else have an issue with Duke Nukem 3D where it just hangs for about half a second before returning to normal? Seems to happen at random.

Yeah, I've seen that. It put me off playing it, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Yeah, I don't pay for plus anymore as I don't play online and I hardly ever get around to playing the free games and much prefer to have a physical copy of a game a much as possible.

I think the vita is just not for me, and that's ok lol. Just such a shame it's not being played. I'll sit on it for a month or so and see how I feel then.

Thanks for the reply!

I don't play multiplayer at all so I really only get plus for the games and the discounts on the store.

I'd say 90% of what I've bought is digital for the Vita - outside of RPGs (not a genre I have much interest in) there really isn't much being released in a Physical format these days. 3DS is really going to whoop the Vita when it comes to that tbf. It's never really been an issue for me though - kind of happy not to have anymore space taken up in the house and I was never really one for trading in games.

I tend to use it for a lot more for the indie games that I can dip in and out of so it's the perfect machine for that. I could see why the 3DS would hold a lot more appeal especially with the library of games it has.

• Advertisement

• To follow up on my earlier post...
    Was about to head into town to pick up the vita again. Before that I wanted to dig out some of the peripherals from the old one and I also still had uncharted somewhere. Anyway found all of it except the USB adaptor that plugs into the charge cable. For ****s and giggles I plugged it into my HTC adaptor.

Wtf....orange blinking light...life!!!

Left it for an hour came back and pressed the power button and the PS button and she's on!!!!

****ing delighted...in the end the issue must have been with the adaptor from the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well that's a win win really. Save money and keep the better screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    To follow up on my earlier post...
    Was about to head into town to pick up the vita again. Before that I wanted to dig out some of the peripherals from the old one and I also still had uncharted somewhere. Anyway found all of it except the USB adaptor that plugs into the charge cable. For ****s and giggles I plugged it into my HTC adaptor.

Wtf....orange blinking light...life!!!

Left it for an hour came back and pressed the power button and the PS button and she's on!!!!

****ing delighted...in the end the issue must have been with the adaptor from the looks of it

Its Alive

• Its Alive

Honest to god I had 200 squids ready to spend, I was jumping around like a five year old when the thing turned on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Honest to god I had 200 squids ready to spend, I was jumping around like a five year old when the thing turned on :)

Nice save.

Now go quickly and buy a spare just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Maybe someday we'll get the netflix app, making a PS TV viable :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah happens me once every 10 mins or so, maybe its creating a save point, I know the developer that ported it is working on a patch, maybe they will fix it.

Im enjoying it regardless, im on the last episode of vanilla duke, looking forward to playing the other "new" episodes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone played dokuro before?

• Not sure if I should buy freedom wars or killzone...was looking at borderlands 2 also

Anyone rate freedom wars?
    I'm reading a lot if good things about it.

I like Freedom Wars a lot.

I've just been hooked by Danganronpa and haven't got back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not sure if I should buy freedom wars or killzone...was looking at borderlands 2 also

Anyone rate freedom wars?
    I'm reading a lot if good things about it.

Freedom Wars is a great game, right up there with Persona 4 G as being one of the best Vita games to have been released.

• Can you still enjoy this in single player though? From what I'm reading its mainly coop?
    If you have a copy Tim that's great but just thinking of when I won't have access to WiFi networks.
    I'm more so thinking of a couple of business trips in work coming up but want to have something for flights etc

Can you still enjoy this in single player though? From what I'm reading its mainly coop?
    If you have a copy Tim that's great but just thinking of when I won't have access to WiFi networks.
    I'm more so thinking of a couple of business trips in work coming up but want to have something for flights etc

You can finish the whole game using single player, some fights though can be tough without co-op, but can still be done, spent most of my time playing alone and really enjoyed it.

• Xenji wrote: »
    You can finish the whole game using single player, some fights though can be tough without co-op, but can still be done, spent most of my time playing alone and really enjoyed it.

Freedom wars it is so :)

Any tips for a noob?

Freedom wars it is so :)

Any tips for a noob?

Would be quicker to have a look through this thread, some very useful advice in it http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/2kv677/freedom_wars_beginner_advice_thread/

• Advertisement

Can you still enjoy this in single player though? From what I'm reading its mainly coop?

I've actually barely played it in co op. Think I've only played 2-3 games online.

When I get back to it, I think the online will be essential for when you finish the game.. sounds like some of the battles get ridiculously difficult.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is the Vita region free?

As in can I buy the unit in the US but use my Irish PSN account?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

yup

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CombatCow wrote: »
    yup

Are you sure?
    I thought there is only one account allowed on the Vita and you have to mess about with memory cards.

I could be completely way off the mark and sorry if I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

F1ngers wrote: »
    Are you sure?
    I thought there is only one account allowed on the Vita and you have to mess about with memory cards.

I could be completely way off the mark and sorry if I am.

You're both correct... the original question was whether the console was region free, which CC stated was that it is indeed. You can buy the console in any region and all games will work for it.

and what you yourself state is also correct, one account allowed. Other accounts via other memory cards and annoying resets and restores.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So Atelier Ayesha Plus is on PSN now. You won't get a better RPG outside of Persona 4 on the Vita. Great game with addictive alchemy mechanics and a very down to earth and relatable story of a girl trying to find her missing, presumed dead sister.

Soundtrack is amazing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So Atelier Ayesha Plus is on PSN now. You won't get a better RPG outside of Persona 4 on the Vita. Great game with addictive alchemy mechanics and a very down to earth and relatable story of a girl trying to find her missing, presumed dead sister.

Soundtrack is amazing as well.

I paid full price of €39.99 for Totori as the dlc incentive got me when it came out and it has been on special offer for under €20 a few times since so I'm gonna wait this out I think, these games are fun, Ayesha was great on PS3 too but €40 is too much imo, if it were a boxed version with the soundtrack etc etc we've heard it all before, hopefully it goes on sale by March, I'll have cleared a lot of my backlog by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Am I right in thinking Suikoden is due next week too, also is it just number 1 or both 1 and 2?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Both I think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I paid full price of €39.99 for Totori as the dlc incentive got me when it came out and it has been on special offer for under €20 a few times since so I'm gonna wait this out I think, these games are fun, Ayesha was great on PS3 too but €40 is too much imo, if it were a boxed version with the soundtrack etc etc we've heard it all before, hopefully it goes on sale by March, I'll have cleared a lot of my backlog by then.

Escher and Logy plus is out in March and I'm pretty sure Shallie in PS3 as well. Not looking good for that backlog :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement