Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Me and my bro are each getting a vita, his psn account is a sub account off mine and we have been sharing psp games will this work with vita games too?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Me and my bro are each getting a vita, his psn account is a sub account off mine and we have been sharing psp games will this work with vita games too?

First of all ps vita won't allow you to play any games without a memory card it won't even start the game otherwise. Once you enter in a psn id the card will be locked to that id it doesn't let you set up multiple accounts if you want to dl something from another account you have to wipe the card clean. I got mine last month imported 1 from hk brilliant piece of kit battery life is poor I only get 3 - 4 hours constant play time. Nearly finished uncharted golden abyss brilliant game really makes good use of back and front touch screen. Also have little deviants good game but tricky and abit frustrating at times.

Heard a staff member in game telling someone it comes with internal memory it does not and as I said will not start games without 1 so just beware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Trying to post some pics but won't upload?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

gflood wrote: »
    Yes, all PSN games will work on VITA. Even the free ones we got a while ago. Not all UMD games are on PSN and they are usually more expensive. PSN points etc will also work. Sony has unified all the services.

Not quite true. It's like the Xbox support on the 360 - only some titles will work from launch. No GTA as of yet.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/09/how-to-download-psp-titles-to-ps-vita/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

BArra wrote: »
    what so all stores selling the 3g will have a copy of wipeout in the box?

nope download code afaik in saying that it hasnt been confirmed here yet everewhere else but here.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

IGN will have Vita game reviews up at 6am(san Francisco time though) so, not sure what time that is is for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianmcdon

cloud493 wrote: »
    IGN will have Vita game reviews up at 6am(san Francisco time though) so, not sure what time that is is for us.

2pm I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it out on Tuesday or Friday?

It is really annoying that there are no support for ps1 or ps2 titles, you will have to use that remote play bollocks.

Dunno if I even want anything from that psp collection... Plus those will be total rip off on psn!

Is it out on Tuesday or Friday?

It is really annoying that there are no support for ps1 or ps2 titles, you will have to use that remote play bollocks.

Dunno if I even want anything from that psp collection... Plus those will be total rip off on psn!

lol next wensday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Vita wifi is only £209.99 on Amazon now. Probably because Play.com lowered there price.

• Advertisement

caspa307 wrote: »
    lol next wensday

sorry, just i got used to us tuesday and eu friday release dates. :p

btw if you buy only ps vita and no game for 15 pounds do you still get 8gb memory card?

so in short: PS vita + 8gb card = 209£ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Pricing of the games at launch
    Escape Plan £9.99
    Top Darts £6.49
    Hustle kings £6.49
    Super stardust delta £6.49
    Motorstorm £4.49

Not too bad i must say

tonydude wrote: »
    Pricing of the games at launch
    Escape Plan £9.99
    Top Darts £6.49
    Hustle kings £6.49
    Super stardust delta £6.49
    Motorstorm £4.49

Not too bad i must say

Super Stardust and Escape Plan are definite first day purchases for me! Prices are a little better than I expected too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

btw if you buy only ps vita and no game for 15 pounds do you still get 8gb memory card?

so in short: PS vita + 8gb card = 209£ ?

It's £209.99 for the wifi vita and this comes with a free 8gb memory card. You have the option of picking up a selected game for £15 if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Embargo lifted. Reviews of the system and launch games coming out everywhere.

Get to your local game news outlet now! NOW!

brianmcdon wrote: »
    Super Stardust and Escape Plan are definite first day purchases for me! Prices are a little better than I expected too!

jesus at that price ill buy em all lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Super stardust for only £6.50 is great, the IGN review has persuaded me to buy it.

Get to your local game news outlet now! NOW!

HAHA nice try !

HAHA nice try !

? it was lifted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Get to your local game news outlet now! [SIZE="7"]NOW![/SIZE]

HAHA nice try !

I think you misread. The key word is NEWS.
    i.e. "Get to your local game NEWS outlet now! NOW!"

Chose Super Stardust for my discount as soon as I Pre-Ordered the Vita and got the pack. That plus Uncharted and Escape plan will be my day 1's followed by a few more during the following week I'd say.

moz wrote: »
    I think you misread. The key word is NEWS.
    i.e. "Get to your local game NEWS outlet now! NOW!"

oops sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Giant Bomb doing a live look at the Vita at the mo'

http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

vita-review-us8248.jpg

Not sure if that's a 2000 or a 3000, still very nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    First of all ps vita won't allow you to play any games without a memory card it won't even start the game otherwise. Once you enter in a psn id the card will be locked to that id it doesn't let you set up multiple accounts if you want to dl something from another account you have to wipe the card clean. I got mine last month imported 1 from hk brilliant piece of kit battery life is poor I only get 3 - 4 hours constant play time. Nearly finished uncharted golden abyss brilliant game really makes good use of back and front touch screen. Also have little deviants good game but tricky and abit frustrating at times.

Heard a staff member in game telling someone it comes with internal memory it does not and as I said will not start games without 1 so just beware of that.

What?no on board memory?I was told by staff in game there was

What?no on board memory?I was told by staff in game there was

no it needs a memory card dude

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

After watching Everybodys Golf in action I think I will buy it and Fifa or Uncharted.. May get Uncharted and trade for Fifa when im done..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

caspa307 wrote: »
    no it needs a memory card dude

Dam gonna have to fork out for a card so,maybe a 16gig,what's the point of onboard memory so :confused:?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement