Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone pick up Grim Fandango yet, if yes how well does it play on Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone pick up Grim Fandango yet, if yes how well does it play on Vita.

Ya plays well just not as smooth as the PS4.
    Think it's 60fps on the PS4 and feels like 30fps on the Vita. Not a big issue though.
    Other than that, the backgrounds are exactly the same as the original game. It's only the shading on the character polygons that have improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Here, has anyone here any hassle playing OlliOlli on their Vita? I bought it at the weekend and I'm really enjoying but it is crashing constantly on me. I've never had this with any other game on the system and it is really irritating…

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dokuro is a decent game,although hard at times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else excited for the fire fly diaries ? which is out on feb 25th? I'm trying to a physical copy as there gonna be rare D:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Didn't realise it got a name change but yeah looking forward to it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

Question, I got a Vita yesterday. So far so good.

When I am playing it on the train and in the middle of a game what is the best way to leave it? If I turn it off will I be able to continue from where I am?

If I put it in stand-by will it use up battery?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I just pause the game and press the power button to turn off the screen, it can be in standby for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

CombatCow wrote: »
    I just pause the game and press the power button to turn off the screen, it can be in standby for days.

great, that's what I was hoping. I will only be using it while commuting and love the idea of coming back to exactly where I left off.

Any tips for saving battery?

Hold down the "PS" button for 2 seconds to get the quick settings access, and turn on flight mode and put the brightness to what level you think is acceptable pretty much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just got a vita, one of the ones with the oled screen. No games yet but what's this Sony account that you can get and it comes with free games or summit?
    I've never owned a psp/ps,vita before and I only really used my old ps3 for the bluray player.
    New to this playstation lark.

You will want playstation plus, it's an addon or upgrade to your psn account that gives you 6 "free" games a month, 2xps4 2xvita 2xps3. It also gives multiplayer and cloud saves. You can purchase it through the psn store or from GameStop,hmv, Argos etc for €50 for 12months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

There's a 14 day free trial for you to check it out.

CombatCow wrote: »
    You will want playstation plus, it's an addon or upgrade to your psn account that gives you 6 "free" games a month, 2xps4 2xvita 2xps3. It also gives multiplayer and cloud saves. You can purchase it through the psn store or from GameStop,hmv, Argos etc for €50 for 12months.

I only have a vita, is it good value then? Are the free games in the vita of a good quality?

What are the must have games for the vita?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I only have a vita, is it good value then? Are the free games in the vita of a good quality?

Yes it is good valve as you get about 20 euros worth of games free a month for the vita and some can be cross buy from the PS3 and PS4 games so you could end up with 4 games some months. Also you can add the PS3 and PS4 games to the download list and play them if you ever pick up a PS3 or PS4 down the line.

Vita games some of the best games on the vita now are the JRPGS
    But some of my faves have been
    Velocity 2X
    Tales of Hearts R
    Ratchet & Clank Collection
    God Of War Collection
    Hotline Miami
    Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
    Guacamelee!
    Rayman Legends
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
    Uncharted Vita
    Gravity Rush
    Final Fantasy X and X-2

Also been reading good things about Persona 4

Freedom wars
    Tearaway
    Gravity rush
    Killzone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Uncharted.
    Isaac game, can't remember the name.

Basically there are loads. Ps+ gives you more freebies each month...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Taltos wrote: »
    Uncharted.
    Isaac game, can't remember the name.

Basically there are loads. Ps+ gives you more freebies each month...
    The Binding of Isaac?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd actually recommend against Uncharted. Once you get over the wow factor it's not very good at all. Also it runs at a very low resolution and has very noticable jaggies that are very distracting. If you want eye candy with gameplay go for Gravity Rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Ah but if you went in with low expectations like I did - it is a handheld, it is quite enjoyable. Still prefer it to Killzone but that's just my opinion, know loads hated it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've said it many times before but I think the Uncharted game on Vita is good.

For a handheld experience it's pretty impressive and in comparison to the other games it's much better than the first Uncharted imo.

That said there are a load of great games on Vita.

The following list has both exclusives and multi-platform games but I played all on the Vita and would recommend it that way. Should be plenty to choose from:

Persona 4
    Tearaway
    Killzone
    Spelunky
    Guacamelee!
    Rayman Legends
    Velocity 2X
    Gravity Rush
    Hotline Miami
    Velocity Ultra
    Virtue's Last Reward
    Freedom Wars
    Wipeout
    Little Big Planet Vita
    Rogue Legacy
    DanganRonpa 1/2
    OlliOlli
    Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attac

Do you lose the free games diwnliaded if you don't kept up ps+?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Do you lose the free games diwnliaded if you don't kept up ps+?

Yes, but if you renew at a later date you'll have access to the items that you had previously downloaded again.

I'd highly recommend all the Atelier games for the Vita as well. Atelier Rorona, Totori, Meruru and Ayesha are the best RPGs on the system other than Persona 4. They have very similar mechanics to Persona 4 as well and like that game suit the handheld platform much better than home console imo. Atelier Ayesha in particular is an outstanding RPG and the start of a new trilogy, the other two in the Dusk trilogy will be coming to vita soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Okay guys, I'm thinking of getting a Vita sometime soon. I only briefly had a PSP before that broke and have never replaced it. Before I go out and get one, I just want to ask about the memory cards - are they required to play most if not all games?
    I'm planning to play mainly the Hyperdimension Neptunia games on the Vita. I've read that second generation units have 1GB internal storage - does game data copy over from the game carts like the PS3/4 do? I'm planning to buy the games retail and download whatever I get from my PSN+ account every month. How big do Vita games typically come at? Will an 8GB card do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    Okay guys, I'm thinking of getting a Vita sometime soon. I only briefly had a PSP before that broke and have never replaced it. Before I go out and get one, I just want to ask about the memory cards - are they required to play most if not all games?
    I'm planning to play mainly the Hyperdimension Neptunia games on the Vita. I've read that second generation units have 1GB internal storage - does game data copy over from the game carts like the PS3/4 do? I'm planning to buy the games retail and download whatever I get from my PSN+ account every month. How big do Vita games typically come at? Will an 8GB card do?

8gb should be fine for most, but some games can be quite large. Off the top of my head. Metal Gear, Uncharted and Final Fantasy X-2 are all about the 4gig mark. Most seem to be 1-2, with the indie titles ranging from 100 to 1gig.

8gig is fine if you have fast internet and tend to stick on one or two games at a time, or use the cartridges.

chrislad wrote: »
    8gb should be fine for most, but some games can be quite large. Off the top of my head. Metal Gear, Uncharted and Final Fantasy X-2 are all about the 4gig mark. Most seem to be 1-2, with the indie titles ranging from 100 to 1gig.

8gig is fine if you have fast internet and tend to stick on one or two games at a time, or use the cartridges.

Yeah I'll be going through the HN games in sequence. I've found out that I can back up downloaded games to my PC...pretty sure I can squeeze them somewhere on my 20TB+ worth of storage :P

Hey guys, just wondering. I'm looking at Vitas on Ebay, and there's one from Germany. Is it possible to change the system language to English? It'd still work with any games I order off of Amazon, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering. I'm looking at Vitas on Ebay, and there's one from Germany. Is it possible to change the system language to English? It'd still work with any games I order off of Amazon, wouldn't it?

Yeah, the Vita is also region free.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah, the Vita is also region free.

Cool. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement