Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

I was thinking of picking up a vita pretty much for the remote play feature for my PS4 but I'm not sure it would work. My broadband is pretty s***e, only around half a MB up and down. Is it over broadband all the time or can it be played remotely say if I'm say in the same house as the PS4? Any help appreciated :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

EvanKelly6 wrote: »
    I was thinking of picking up a vita pretty much for the remote play feature for my PS4 but I'm not sure it would work. My broadband is pretty s***e, only around half a MB up and down. Is it over broadband all the time or can it be played remotely say if I'm say in the same house as the PS4? Any help appreciated :D

Remote play isn't done through the internet. I'm pretty sure it's done through your local wifi network. I really can't see Sony supporting someone having a game rendered on PS4 in Location X and then having that gameplay streamed to a Vita in Location Y. The US is notorious for it's poor internet, I doubt that there would be a large enough market there of people with good upload speeds to allow for remote play via internet, for Sony to justify developing it.
    Since it's most likely done through your wifi network, as long as you have a decent router, you'll be fine.

Okay guys, my last question about the Vita. I'm looking to get Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1. Yes, I know it's on Steam, but I want to play it on the Vita. I've ordered the console, but at the moment, I'm seeing a copy of R1 for 71 euro on Amazon UK and one copy on Ebay, but the cover is in Japanese (I've messaged the seller asking for a clarification on whether or not their copy is in English). Anyway, there are a couple Ebay copies coming from Canada. Would there be import charges on those?
    There's one for 44 euro from Canada and one for 53.76. I remember a while back importing a PS3 game from Hong Kong, and I had to pay...I think it was 30 quid on import duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    Remote play isn't done through the internet.

Not true. You could bring a vita/psTV to a hotel and be able to play your games streaming from your ps4 at home. But obviously, a local home-network connection would be a lot better in terms of lag/responsiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Okay guys, my last question about the Vita. I'm looking to get Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1. Yes, I know it's on Steam, but I want to play it on the Vita. I've ordered the console, but at the moment, I'm seeing a copy of R1 for 71 euro on Amazon UK and one copy on Ebay, but the cover is in Japanese (I've messaged the seller asking for a clarification on whether or not their copy is in English). Anyway, there are a couple Ebay copies coming from Canada. Would there be import charges on those?
    There's one for 44 euro from Canada and one for 53.76. I remember a while back importing a PS3 game from Hong Kong, and I had to pay...I think it was 30 quid on import duties.

You are best to use VGP, you can pick it up for €26 new including delivery and I have never once been pulled for import duty in about 4 years of using them regularly, they just mark the package as a cheap toy or dvd, it will take between 8-12 days to arrive or quicker if you pay extra.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1-vita-p-21790.html

• Advertisement

animaX wrote: »
    Not true. You could bring a psTV to a hotel and be able to play your games streaming from your ps4 at home. But obviously, a local home-network connection would be a lot better in terms of lag/responsiveness.

Huh. I'm honestly surprised.

Xenji wrote: »
    You are best to use VGP, you can pick it up for €26 new including delivery and I have never once been pulled for import duty in about 4 years of using them regularly, they just mark the package as a cheap toy or dvd, it will take between 8-12 days to arrive or quicker if you pay extra.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1-vita-p-21790.html

You are my new personal Jesus Christ. Thanks!

UPDATE: For some reason, their FAQ page suggests updating your browser "You need to go update your browser to the newest version available at Microsoft or Netscape homepages depending on which you use."
    NETSCAPE?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I miss the Netscape days.
    VGP are really good, and you can always resell in eBay or adverts or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You are my new personal Jesus Christ. Thanks!

UPDATE: For some reason, their FAQ page suggests updating your browser "You need to go update your browser to the newest version available at Microsoft or Netscape homepages depending on which you use."
    NETSCAPE?!?

Not seen that before, just use Chrome.

animaX wrote: »
    Not true. You could bring a vita/psTV to a hotel and be able to play your games streaming from your ps4 at home. But obviously, a local home-network connection would be a lot better in terms of lag/responsiveness.

So with my broadband at home being terrible would it, in turn, be a terrible experience trying remote play?

• Advertisement

So with my broadband at home being terrible would it, in turn, be a terrible experience trying remote play?

Not really. What speed your internet is has nothing at all to do with what speed your home network is. It'd help if you could tell us what model router you have. Look on the router, should be a sticker on the bottom or the back with the brand name and model.

Not really. What speed your internet is has nothing at all to do with what speed your home network is. It'd help if you could tell us what model router you have. Look on the router, should be a sticker on the bottom or the back with the brand name and model.

Not at home at the minute but it's just the standard router that comes from my provider which is Vodafone..

Not at home at the minute but it's just the standard router that comes from my provider which is Vodafone..

If it's produced within the last couple of years, then it'd be 802.11n compliant. This means that it has the wifi speed necessary for your PS4 to transmit the game's video to your Vita, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just to be safe, when you do get home, give us the model anyway.

If it's produced within the last couple of years, then it'd be 802.11n compliant. This means that it has the wifi speed necessary for your PS4 to transmit the game's video to your Vita, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just to be safe, when you do get home, give us the model anyway.

Found it there. Model number is: HG658C

Found it there. Model number is: HG658C

Yeah, checked it out, you definitely have enough bandwidth to stream video, even at 1080p. The manual for that model lists it as being 802.11b/g/n compliant, which is pretty much standard for any router sold these days.

Yeah, checked it out, you definitely have enough bandwidth to stream video, even at 1080p. The manual for that model lists it as being 802.11b/g/n compliant, which is pretty much standard for any router sold these days.

Thank you very much! So it should work out fine? Even if I struggle streaming a YouTube video or trying to play a game online?

Thank you very much! So it should work out fine? Even if I struggle streaming a YouTube video or trying to play a game online?

Yup. This is all about stuff working within your home - you could have no internet access at all and this would not affect your remote play in the slightest. Think of it like a factory within a self-contained building that delivers stuff by trucks - if the trucks break down, that doesn't affect anything within the factory. Everything within still works just fine.

Yup. This is all about stuff working within your home - you could have no internet access at all and this would not affect your remote play in the slightest. Think of it like a factory within a self-contained building that delivers stuff by trucks - if the trucks break down, that doesn't affect anything within the factory. Everything within still works just fine.

Great way of explaining it! Think it's time to invest!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just finished one piece unlimited ,enjoyed it a lot,great game ,I would recommend it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just got grimm fandango

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

I was playing Uncharted this morning on the train while commuting and I had to hold a piece of parchment up to the light to see the invisible text. It wanted me to hold the vita up while on the train. Fairly embarrassing.

I am really enjoying the Vita and Uncharted but that was a little gimmicky, I know it is using all of the hardware the Vita has to offer but still.

nedd wrote: »
    I was playing Uncharted this morning on the train while commuting and I had to hold a piece of parchment up to the light to see the invisible text. It wanted me to hold the vita up while on the train. Fairly embarrassing.

I am really enjoying the Vita and Uncharted but that was a little gimmicky, I know it is using all of the hardware the Vita has to offer but still.

Not enough games use it tbh

Grim is an awesome game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

I hated a lot of that gimmicky stuff in Uncharted.Fortunately I was in my own sitting room when I came to that particular puzzle so nobody saw me waving the Vita at lights!

What I found awkward with that game on public transport was having to suddenly let go of one side of the device to swipe the screen when you're falling down cliffs etc. I was never able to do it with my thumbs and accepted many a 'game over' to avoid elbowing fellow passengers or dropping the blasted thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just a reminder that Transistor is on PS+ for PS4 this month. It's coming to Vita and its confirmed there will be cross buy so add it to your account for PS4 to get it free when it arrives on Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

Esterhase wrote: »

What I found awkward with that game on public transport was having to suddenly let go of one side of the device to swipe the screen when you're falling down cliffs etc. I was never able to do it with my thumbs and accepted many a 'game over' to avoid elbowing fellow passengers or dropping the blasted thing.

I do feel a little awkward playing on the train, partly because I'm a man in my 30's and think people are judging me for not editing spreadsheets on my ipad, and partly because I am probably muttering under my breath when I do die.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I did not know Transistor is coming to Vita. I'll definitely replay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

I do feel a little awkward playing on the train, partly because I'm a man in my 30's and think people are judging me for not editing spreadsheets on my ipad, and partly because I am probably muttering under my breath when I do die.

**** 'em, most of them live boring lives... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Just got grimm fandango

What Grim like on the Vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

tok9 wrote: »
    I did not know Transistor is coming to Vita. I'll definitely replay it.

Is there a release date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

Ah they'd just be jealous because spreadsheets and emails are boring, no matter how important one might look when editing them :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement