Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tok9 wrote: »
    I did not know Transistor is coming to Vita. I'll definitely replay it.

Didnt know it either,Maybe if you have it already for ps4,maybe you won't have to buy again I hope :D

macpac26 wrote: »
    What Grim like on the Vita?

Ya I'm enjoying it, havent come across any problems, I think its cross buy with ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

daUbiq wrote: »
    Is there a release date?

No idea.. just going by the post above.

And I'd be shocked if it wasn't cross buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Just a reminder that Transistor is on PS+ for PS4 this month. It's coming to Vita and its confirmed there will be cross buy so add it to your account for PS4 to get it free when it arrives on Vita.

When did they announce Transistor for Vita?, I know they talked about Bastion on PS4 and Vita this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't think it is :(

But Bastion is. Heard a lot of good things about that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got my hopes up :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Hi all, I've been checking out the vita recently and wondering if any of you have first hand experience of the remote play feature from actually outside your home network. This would be a great feature I could use and would definitely seal the deal if it was actually manageable and not just a gimmick that's hit'n'miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Bastion is really suited to the Vita, the art style is beautiful and will look really well on the old OLED screens, great little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Doh, my mistake. Confused Bastion with Transistor, sorry folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Hey...just wondering. I got PSN+ a couple months ago, have paid for a year. I've "purchased" all games that have come out for free for subscribers since I started, but as of now, have only downloaded the ones for PS4. I haven't downloaded the PS3 or Vita games (since my sister has my 3 and my Vita hasn't arrived in the post yet). Would I still be able to claim, download and play games from previous months? I can still play all the other games from previous months, such as Binding of Isaac Rebirth on the 4 which was the first free game I played. Just wondering if games have to be downloaded during their set month for them to count.

100% Yes, enjoy.

• Advertisement

CombatCow wrote: »
    100% Yes, enjoy.

Cool. What good games were given for free during 2014, so I can feel pissed at myself for not having + then?

Toh theres lots, the American list is here and I'm almost sure they were the same for Europe.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_%28North_America%29

A few standout ones for me were, SteamWorld digg, Hotline Miami, velocity 2x, luftrausers and Limbo

CombatCow wrote: »
    Toh theres lots, the American list is here and I'm almost sure they were the same for Europe.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_%28North_America%29

A few standout ones for me were, SteamWorld digg, Hotline Miami, velocity 2x, luftrausers and Limbo

Have Steamworld, none of the others you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    Have Steamworld, none of the others you mention.

Get Velocity 2X, such an amazing game. One of my 2 ever platinums.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is there a decent cover for this that makes it more ergonomic for playing PS4 games remotely?
    Also what size of a memory card does one need for say the last years worth of PS Vita free games? Are we talking 8GB or 64GB or what lads and ladies?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Is there a decent cover for this that makes it more ergonomic for playing PS4 games remotely?
    Also what size of a memory card does one need for say the last years worth of PS Vita free games? Are we talking 8GB or 64GB or what lads and ladies?

Not sure about your first question , personally If I had the cash I'd go with the 64GB Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not sure about your first question , personally If I had the cash I'd go with the 64GB Card.

I think I was on about something like this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94277223&postcount=690

That is awesome looking.

Stay away from Nyko, that damn thing nearly went on fire on me, they are known to overheat.

You should have a look at this one http://www.play-asia.com/rubber-coat-grip-for-playstation-vita-slim-blue-paOS-13-49-en-70-7f71.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Slobbery

I bought a vita and absolutely love it, gonna try and work through as many indie games as I can.
    Playing spelunky at the moment and its a real throw back to what arcade games were like in my youth.. Every life you have is precious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Just ordered a Vita Slim with The Adventure mega pack (8GB Memory Card, Tearaway, Uncharted, Gravity Rush etc), Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster and a Travel Case for €220. Seemed quite reasonable for whats included I could have saved a few quid going Amazon.fr but Im too impatient. Cant wait to get my hands on it! Ill scour the planet for a 64GB card eventually.

macpac26 wrote: »
    Just ordered a Vita Slim with The Adventure mega pack (8GB Memory Card, Tearaway, Uncharted, Gravity Rush etc), Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster and a Travel Case for €220. Seemed quite reasonable for whats included I could have saved a few quid going Amazon.fr but Im too impatient. Cant wait to get my hands on it! Ill scour the planet for a 64GB card eventually.

No need to scour, just go with VGP or Play Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Got this in Smyths today lads. Was told it's just a slightly older model. The model number appears to be PCH-1003. Was it as good a bargain for €50 as I think? Came with a 4 gig memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lemlin wrote: »
    Got this in Smyths today lads. Was told it's just a slightly older model. The model number appears to be PCH-1003. Was it as good a bargain for €50 as I think? Came with a 4 gig memory card.

Yep fairly decent price. That one has a better screen than the newer ones,I think.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yep fairly decent price. That one has a better screen than the newer ones,I think.

Damn...and I paid 130 for mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Great find! Which Smyths was it out of interest?

The Jervis St branch was chock full on Tue when the sale broke, I just emptied them of Hexbug sets and legged it!

Grim is a tough game, have too use a guide :O

penev10 wrote: »
    Great find! Which Smyths was it out of interest?

The Jervis St branch was chock full on Tue when the sale broke, I just emptied them of Hexbug sets and legged it!

Navan. That was the last one. Only went out on the shelf this morning. I was in there Wednesday but it wasn't out because they were waiting on a charger for it.

Charger was missing so the charger they gave me is a universal one.

I got my son three games for it. Jak and Daxter trilogy (€10), Lego Harry Potter (€5) and Mod Nation Racers (€5). Dunno if they are any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I got my son three games for it. Jak and Daxter trilogy (€10), Lego Harry Potter (€5) and Mod Nation Racers (€5). Dunno if they are any good.
    All good, will keep him going for ages.

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »
    All good, will keep him going for ages.

They had Lego Lord of The Rings for €10. Is it any good?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement