Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Lemlin wrote: »
    They had Lego Lord of The Rings for €10. Is it any good?

All the LEGO games are very well made and keep kids entertained. Helps if they've seen the movies I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Before I give my son this PSP PCH-1003, just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a decent screen protector and silicone shock case for a decent price?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

March will be the death of my wallet, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is Coming to PS Vita on March 3rd, digital only and €19.99.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    March will be the death of my wallet, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is Coming to PS Vita on March 3rd, digital only and €19.99.

Day one purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Before I give my son this PSP PCH-1003, just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a decent screen protector and silicone shock case for a decent price?

Ebay is the best for such things, but you will be waiting for few weeks. Great find at 50 quid though, i spent 3 times that amount and thought it was great value !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is a sequel to 'Over my dead body' which was PS1 RPG (and also got a PSP remake). It's regarded as up there with Dragon Quest V and Tactics Ogre as the finest RPG ever made by the Japanese. The sequel I heard isn't great :/

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is a sequel to 'Over my dead body' which was PS1 RPG (and also got a PSP remake). It's regarded as up there with Dragon Quest V and Tactics Ogre as the finest RPG ever made by the Japanese. The sequel I heard isn't great :/

It reviewed quite well and was well received in Japan, its just not as great as the original (would be a hard feat ) which people seemed to be comparing it to.

imitation wrote: »
    Ebay is the best for such things, but you will be waiting for few weeks. Great find at 50 quid though, i spent 3 times that amount and thought it was great value !

Anyone with any particular Ebay recommendations for a case?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenji wrote: »
    It reviewed quite well and was well received in Japan, its just not as great as the original (would be a hard feat ) which people seemed to be comparing it to.

Hmm I'm just really going on what the warning a huge podcast people said and they weren't all that impressed but they are huge fanboys of the original.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Assassins creed is 8.99 on the store, I might chance it for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

i bought a PS Vita in October 2013 and I have barely played it since. I'm just not feeling it or don't have the time anymore. I bought 2 games as well. The reason I'm reluctant to sell it is becuse there was a PS Store sale and I bought loads of Final Fantasy games on it cos I love them. So I feel like I will lose a lot of money if I sell it but the longer I wait, the less money I will get for it. What should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

kaji wrote: »
    What should I do?

Before I can recommend anything, I just need to know: do you not play your Vita much because the games on it don't appeal to you or is it because you do not play any handheld console much?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I think it's a bot of both to be honest. Although I rarely play my Xbox anymore. I feel games aren't as good as they used to be or I've lost the enthusiasm

What games are must haves for the Vita folks? I'm particularly interested in platformers as I've a 5 year old who loves Mario on his DS. I got him the Jak and Daxter trilogy already.

Final Fantasy VII was released on the PSP. Is there any version of it available on Vita?

What games are must haves for the Vita folks? I'm particularly interested in platformers as I've a 5 year old who loves Mario on his DS. I got him the Jak and Daxter trilogy already.

Final Fantasy VII was released on the PSP. Is there any version of it available on Vita?

Ya you can buy it for the vita on store, think its about a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Any of the Final Fantasy PS1 classics that are up on the store, you'll be able to play on the Vita.

Some of the games I'd recommend would be Tearaway, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Walking Dead, Rayman Origins and Legends, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Hotline Miami, Thomas Was Alone, Escape Plan and Sound Shapes.

Ya you can buy it for the vita on store, think its about a fiver.

Think I'll get it to relive the nostalgia of nearly 20 years ago.

Think I'll get it to relive the nostalgia of nearly 20 years ago.

Enjoy :D

Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls is coming in June, it bridges the gap between Trigger Happy Havoc and Goodbye Despair.

Spoilers if you have not finished the Trigger Happy Havoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

kaji wrote: »
    I think it's a bot of both to be honest. Although I rarely play my Xbox anymore. I feel games aren't as good as they used to be or I've lost the enthusiasm

Oh no... I'm sorry to have to tell you this... but I think you are becoming... an adult!

/jk
    Lemlin wrote:

If it's platformers you want, then Thomas Was Alone, Guacamelee, Tearaway, Mutant Blobs Attack, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and LittleBigPlanet Vita are all worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Haven't played my Vita in about 6 months. Looking for a game to play in bed/commuting. Was thinking maybe an RPG. I've never played any JRPGs but loved the old Final Fantasies! Any suggestions? Or likewise, have I missed any must haves since the Vita launched? I only have Uncharted, MGS & Rayman.

I also have a problem with limited editions so boxed preferably would be the way to go. For a JRPG would it be best to import?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Haven't played my Vita in about 6 months. Looking for a game to play in bed/commuting. Was thinking maybe an RPG. I've never played any JRPGs but loved the old Final Fantasies! Any suggestions? Or likewise, have I missed any must haves since the Vita launched? I only have Uncharted, MGS & Rayman.

Final Fantasy X is the obvious choice, and pretty good value as it includes x2. It looks great on the vitas screen too.

Of course you can also get Final Fantasy 7,8,9 on the store as well, also solid choices.

Outside of that I can recommend gravity rush and Killzone mercenary. I have tried borderlands 2, but to be honest its low fps makes it really tough to actually hit things, bad sign in a shooter !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I also have a problem with limited editions so boxed preferably would be the way to go. For a JRPG would it be best to import?

Freedom Wars!!!!

RedXIV wrote: »
    Freedom Wars!!!!

Is Freedom Ward just online though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Is Freedom Ward just online though?
    It's available physically if you so wish to get it that way.

It's available physically if you so wish to get it that way.

Cheers! I misworded my last comment. Can you play offline? The GameStop description says online up to 8 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Cheers! I misworded my last comment. Can you play offline? The GameStop description says online up to 8 players.
    Well, I've never tried the game, but I'm more than certain that it has single player.

Theres single player, 8 chapters I think and you can play co op/ do missions with other people online, great game.

Yeah you can finish the whole game offline, but if you get stuck you can get people to help you online.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Got Assassins Creed Liberation in the Vita Birthday sale for 9.99 today. Looking forward to giving that a bash later.
    Wanted to get Killzone as well but got darn tooting age old nonsense of not enough space on my memory cards. I might have to delete COD to make space for it, I dont see myself playing COD again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement