Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

da gamer wrote: »
    Lads where is the cheapest place to get vita memory cards? It's a pure money racket, bought 4, 8 and 16gb memory cards and they are all full. Can't seem to find any cheap prices on amazon or ebay

VGP or Play-Asia, you will get them quicker from VGP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Only 4 days in but loving my Vita I wish I had gotten one sooner to be honest. Tearaway was a joy and im nearly finished Uncharted. Had a go on Metal Gear HD and FFX and they play fantastic on the system. I have so many free games available to play its insane thanks to PS+

I only have an 8gb card so I can only have a couple of the bigger games on the system at once but i'll delete them off as soon as i finish them. I'll probably use my PS3 as a storage facility and transfer when needed. Im going to pick up a 64gb card when im in the US in October.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Assassins creed is 8.99 on the store, I might chance it for that price.

Just finished it there, meh it was alright.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just finished it there, meh it was alright.

I've not gone too far into it yet, seems like your standard AC game so far. But it's kind of reminding me why I gave up buying the series on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've not gone too far into it yet, seems like your standard AC game so far. But it's kind of reminding me why I gave up buying the series on the PS3.

I got it at xmas, but after playing everything up to ac4 i dunno if i can take even one more ac. I love the historical settings and the exploration, but im fed up of the horrible missions. Another bloody evesdropping where i have to go through an entire military base with no obvious cover ? Another chase mission where my character decides to run up a lamp post and spin around instead of fecking running down the street? Another jump thats not actually a jump and because you actually pressed a button your character is going to do a 90' turn and jump off a cliff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Finished Kick and Fennick today, the feb PS+ game. It has 45 levels and it's a bit of a slog as many of them are very samey and the environment never changes. The jumping/boosting mechanic is not intuitive either, it took me half the game to get comfortable with it. There are 3 enemy types in the game and are not much of a threat as they can be killed with one hit usually. The biggest challenges is timing the jumps to avoid plasma beams and hitting bounce pads etc. Anyway maybe kids will appreciate it more :/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Not a Vita question but a PSP one.

I just downloaded Sukoiden 2 and stuck it on the PSP. What is the best screen szie for PSone games?

I am sure purists would say 4:3 but the PSP screen is small enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Soon....

HTQTRZP.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

64GB card? Nice :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    Not a Vita question but a PSP one.

I just downloaded Sukoiden 2 and stuck it on the PSP. What is the best screen szie for PSone games?

I am sure purists would say 4:3 but the PSP screen is small enough as it is.

4:3 definitely. 16:9 will look terrible, everything will be stretched out and you'll be leading an army of fatties that ate all the pies.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    4:3 definitely. 16:9 will look terrible, everything will be stretched out and you'll be leading an army of fatties that ate all the pies.

Christ there'll be alot of squinting at 4:3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Christ there'll be alot of squinting at 4:3.

The PAL borders don't help that either and make everyone fat but in 16:9 it makes them extra chubbers. It's up to you but the aspect ratio whore in me couldn't do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    I would think that, except that my PS4 is now no longer the primary PS4 for my PSN+ account. How that happened I don't know, since to deactivate a primary, you have to do it from that specific console.

There's no way the vita is "hacked" enough for scammers to access anything. The most control users have over the vita right now is the ability to play javascript pong in the web browser (not including psp hacks but those have no control over true vita internals). And even this is only on specific firmwares

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Got myself an immaculate ps vita Oled screen version with a 16th memory card and a case for 90 euro delighted with myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Got myself an immaculate ps vita Oled screen version with a 16th memory card and a case for 90 euro delighted with myself
    Excuse me, but what exactly does "th" constitute in terms of storage space?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

animaX wrote: »
    There's no way the vita is "hacked" enough for scammers to access anything. The most control users have over the vita right now is the ability to play javascript pong in the web browser (not including psp hacks but those have no control over true vita internals). And even this is only on specific firmwares

Well somehow that's what happened. I turn on the Vita, turn on the TV, turn on the PS4, log into my PSN+ account on the PS4, log in to the same account on the Vita, dink around in the store on the Vita for a couple minutes, try PS4 Remote Play and then turn my attention back to the TV which says I've now been logged out and the console in my room is no longer primary.

Excuse me, but what exactly does "th" constitute in terms of storage space?

Nothing, he meant GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

just wondering can i buy a physical copy of terraria for vita anywhere? want to give it to someone as a present. or can i somehow buy it for them and send it to their psn account? is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

breadbin wrote: »
    just wondering can i buy a physical copy of terraria for vita anywhere? want to give it to someone as a present. or can i somehow buy it for them and send it to their psn account? is that possible?

Gamestop do sell download codes for some vita games in their stores, might be worth checking there?

Nothing, he meant GB.

• Advertisement

Well....then it was an awful, awful joke.

Awful!

breadbin wrote: »

You are not able to gift games to another account, but you could buy him a PSN credit card and give it to him.

Well....then it was an awful, awful joke.

Awful!
    I guess you don't want to see my Woody Allen impression then, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

No, they're separate games. Keep your S1 save files, but you can safely delete the actual game if you want.

My Vita 2000 with adventure pack, Nyko Power grip and 64GB card arrived today :)

Cormac... wrote: »
    My Vita 2000 with adventure pack, Nyko Power grip and 64GB card arrived today :)

Where do you live so I can come over, violently beat you up and steal your stuff?
    Eh...on second thoughts, I'll just watch some anime.

Cormac... wrote: »

Watch the power grip, mine ended up a smoldering wreck.

Xenji wrote: »

Yeah, I said I'd grab it as it was reasonably priced and most of the reviews were good and i won't be travelling with the Vita regularly. I guess if the thing goes to **** in 6 months it's not the end of the world for the sake of €30 or whatever.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »

How did that happen?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement