Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

How did that happen?

After years and years of being systematicly mentally abused.

"You call that CHARGED?!?!! You're a disgrace, get out of my sight"
    "Are your handles getting thicker? You look a lot bigger"
    Etc

#StopAbusingHandheldPeripherals2015BreakTheInternet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Would it be worth re buying dissidia for vita? I got it on psp, but im naff at fighting games, but i was thinking a proper stick might help..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is out tomorrow or wednesday, cant wait, Hotaru no Nikki is this week but I'm trying to get a boxed edition of that if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looking forward to Oreshika as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Have Mind Zero and Natural Doctrine downloaded, what do I play first?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

penev10 wrote: »

Haven't played ND yet but its meant too be tough as nails, nothing wrong with that of course, I played MD and while I didn't finish it ,I enjoyed it, some of the dungeons were very confusing to navigate though, so I would start with that .

Mind Zero is a very mediocre game and Natural Doctrine is meant to be insanely hard and complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Any news on what the free PSN+ games for March are yet?

RikuoAmero wrote: »

Not yet, we will know tomorrow when they get released by the looks of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Atelier Rorona. More people need to play the Atelier games!

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Is that the one you would recommend starting with?

How did that happen?

Faulty wiring I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

My vita is soooo puuurrrrrty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

RikuoAmero wrote: »

Rumoured to be Octodad & Lego Marvel. Can't get my WiFi working so have a stack of digital or disc games mocking me I can't download or update.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

The missus picked a PSVita for our son for his birthday and picked up the sly cooper trilogy (2nd hand was all they had in stock)

Put the card in, there is no sign of sly 3 and the card seems to be already redeemed

Really I am just wondering am I just missing something or did she get stung

Toppy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Rumoured to be Octodad & Lego Marvel. Can't get my WiFi working so have a stack of digital or disc games mocking me I can't download or update.

Confirmed as fake by Octodads creator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

-Toppy- wrote: »
    The missus picked a PSVita for our son for his birthday and picked up the sly cooper trilogy (2nd hand was all they had in stock)

Put the card in, there is no sign of sly 3 and the card seems to be already redeemed

Really I am just wondering am I just missing something or did she get stung

Toppy

Did you get the game on a small card? If so, have you put it in the correct slot? (game slot, not storage space one?)

RedXIV wrote: »
    Did you get the game on a small card? If so, have you put it in the correct slot? (game slot, not storage space one?)

Yeah put it into the game slot and it started to copy(/install?) Sly Cooper 1 & 2 but there doesnt seem to be anything for sly cooper 3

The box indicates that the serial in it is for a digital download of sly 3 but that appears to be already redeemed

I could be wrong but I have a sneaking suspicion gamestop pulled a fast one on my missus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Yeah put it into the game slot and it started to copy(/install?) Sly Cooper 1 & 2 but there doesnt seem to be anything for sly cooper 3

The box indicates that the serial in it is for a digital download of sly 3 but that appears to be already redeemed

I could be wrong but I have a sneaking suspicion gamestop pulled a fast one on my missus

If it's second hand, chances are yes, it's been redeemed already and wouldn't come with it. Too be honest though, I can't see you getting far with gamestop though, unless they specifically told your wife that she got all three?

Even then, hell of a time proving it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

2nd hand means it was already used, codes are a 1 time use, bring it back and get psn credit instead.

• Advertisement

Yup thats the plan

I plan to get ayesha once it goes on sale. Would rather play the later trilogy if they made tweaks etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is that the one you would recommend starting with?

Either Rorona or Ayesha. Ayesha has the better story but then Rorona is just a brilliantly fun game as well and Totori, the second in that trilogy, is up there with Ayesha. Both Rorona and Ayesha are the start of their respective trilogies.

I plan to get ayesha once it goes on sale. Would rather play the later trilogy if they made tweaks etc.

Rorona is a massive improvement on the original bringing it up to the level of Escher and Logy. Ayesha has barely any extras although not that it needed them.

Rorona is a massive improvement on the original bringing it up to the level of Escher and Logy. Ayesha has barely any extras although not that it needed them.

Are they long games? Would be more likely to give one a go if its sub 20 hours

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland would of taken me about 20 hours to finish the main story, any of the others were about 30 hours, but I have spent over 60 hours with most of them.

As Xenji said, about 17-25 hours. Each takes place over 3 years divided into 3 month sections, this episodic format really makes the game breeze by (in a good way). The games are paced a bit like Persona, you can blast through a couple of days in quick succession interspersed with longer jaunts into dungeons looking for materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

RedXIV wrote: »
    Gamestop do sell download codes for some vita games in their stores, might be worth checking there?

Thanks will try that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

CombatCow wrote: »
    Finished Kick and Fennick today, the feb PS+ game. It has 45 levels and it's a bit of a slog as many of them are very samey and the environment never changes. The jumping/boosting mechanic is not intuitive either, it took me half the game to get comfortable with it. There are 3 enemy types in the game and are not much of a threat as they can be killed with one hit usually. The biggest challenges is timing the jumps to avoid plasma beams and hitting bounce pads etc. Anyway maybe kids will appreciate it more :/

Just playing it now. Seems quite good am on chapter 2 level 6 and have died a few times so far. Thought it crashed at first. Gives you a funny death message;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Just wondering if this has happened to someone my left analog stick has stopped working was just wondering what fixes I could do

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement