Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just saw La Mulana EX is on the PSN store. Anyone looking for one of the very best metroidvania platformers needs to buy this game, it's one of the best I've ever played. One word of advice though, it's incredibly difficult and do not be afraid to use a walkthrough to get through some of the game. The game is fashioned after MSX platformers (look up the MSX noobs) and therefore expect some fiendish puzzles if you aren't actively taking notes. There's no shame in a FAQ with this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There are too many games out or coming out. I've heard a lot of good stuff about that game though.. might have a quick look again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Hotline Miami 2 out Wednesday :D Played the first one alot on the vita, its perfect for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Either Rorona or Ayesha. Ayesha has the better story but then Rorona is just a brilliantly fun game as well and Totori, the second in that trilogy, is up there with Ayesha. Both Rorona and Ayesha are the start of their respective trilogies.

Never played any Atelier games. Is Ayesha the best place to start? Can I get a boxed version anywhere or is it digital only?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PS3 versions are boxed but the PS Vita plus games have some nice extra's and all DLC (mostly costumes so not missing much there). Rorona plus adds a good bit more but that version is also physical on PS3.

Best to start with would be Ayesha or Rorona, both start their respective trilogies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I knew I had picked up one of these but didn't know where it dropped me in terms of story. It was rorona so seems I picked good for once :D

The PS3 versions are boxed but the PS Vita plus games have some nice extra's and all DLC (mostly costumes so not missing much there). Rorona plus adds a good bit more but that version is also physical on PS3.

Best to start with would be Ayesha or Rorona, both start their respective trilogies.

Am I right in thinking that PS Vita Plus games are only digital? I'd loved boxed versions of possible.

Only Rorona plus is boxed on PS3 of the plus games. No Atelier game on Vita is boxed.

New Vita and PS3 RPG announced from Atlus. Lost Dimension. It's made by Lancrase who made Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey, the Etrian Odyssey series and Persona Q so should be a good one.

I've recently been playing FFVII on my Vita (RPG's were the main reason I loved my PS1 back in the day) and I've been told if I love FFVII etc, I should really check out JRPG's - hence how I came across the Atelier series.

With That in mind I checked out Play-Asia. Never been on it before. So many games and so many styles. Is there a way to just search for games that have English translations? Any recommendations? Is Play-Asia the best site to go for JRPG's?

Can't believe I haven't been playing my Vita. My PS4 was taking up most of my gaming time. It's safe to say I think the PS4 will now be the one going in the drawer to gather dust.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure you can search on playasia then search by region.

Videogamesplus is also very good for JRPGs. Many will be out of print so ebay would be your next bet. On thing to note about playasia is that shipping can take a very long time but stuff will arrive. Only had one thing not arrive from them out of the hundreds I've ordered and their customer service was excellent and sorted it out (although you'll have to wait until the next day for a reply due to time zone differences). Their weekly sales on Tuesday morning are also worth checking into every week, the best stuff usually sells out fast.

To be honest amazon.co.uk carry most stuff and with Sega owning Atlus and NISA setting up in Europe most stuff seems to come to Europe now (although the price difference is shameful at times).

If you like FFVII then you definitely will like RPGs. FFVII is fun but it's hardly the best JRPG around, it's not even the best Final Fantast game. Have fun and word of advise, check out Persona 3 and 4 on PSP/Vita if you want the very best in JRPGs :)

Pretty sure you can search on playasia then search by region.

Videogamesplus is also very good for JRPGs. Many will be out of print so ebay would be your next bet. On thing to note about playasia is that shipping can take a very long time but stuff will arrive. Only had one thing not arrive from them out of the hundreds I've ordered and their customer service was excellent and sorted it out (although you'll have to wait until the next day for a reply due to time zone differences). Their weekly sales on Tuesday morning are also worth checking into every week, the best stuff usually sells out fast.

To be honest amazon.co.uk carry most stuff and with Sega owning Atlus and NISA setting up in Europe most stuff seems to come to Europe now (although the price difference is shameful at times).

If you like FFVII then you definitely will like RPGs. FFVII is fun but it's hardly the best JRPG around, it's not even the best Final Fantast game. Have fun and word of advise, check out Persona 3 and 4 on PSP/Vita if you want the very best in JRPGs :)

Is Criminal Girls good?:
    https://www.videogamesplus.ca/criminal-girls-invite-only-limited-edition-vita-p-22800.html?osCsid=c930d62a1336f4c91bb1a9d193c611e3

shuffles03 wrote: »

I've not heard much good about it and it's meant to be very... 'questionable' with a lot of pandering fanservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

My son is looking to buy nfs most wanted but GameStop don't have it. Where is the best place to try, Hmv don't stock ps vita games at all, not in smyths, argos or littlewoods and I think he said it was expensive from Playstation store. Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Try here but out of stock right now
    https://www.videogamesplus.ca/need-for-speed-most-wanted-vita-p-20153.html?osCsid=c930d62a1336f4c91bb1a9d193c611e3

Keep an eye on the store, you can get great online savings with Sony if you time it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

My son is looking to buy nfs most wanted but GameStop don't have it. Where is the best place to try, Hmv don't stock ps vita games at all, not in smyths, argos or littlewoods and I think he said it was expensive from Playstation store. Any help would be appreciated.

have you tried smyths (new and preowned may need to check instore), adverts and donedeal or amazon/ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

It gets reduced from time to time on the PSN store. I picked it up recently for €15...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

I have that game & was going to trade it in CEX shortly. I will put it on adverts.ie for €20 if you want it. (Can't sell directly on the thread as its against the charter)

Let me know if you are interested & I will put up the ad, I have the same user name on adverts.

Thank you for all the replies. Wow €15 tallpaul is great, I'll tell him to take a look there again.

Thank you for the offer ffocused, I think that might be a bit more than he'd be willing to pay second hand. I Found one on eBay new for £20 including postage. I'll pm you if he's interested, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

It's currently on Amazon.co.uk for £11.96...

• Advertisement

Thanks talpaul, I did see that one but when you add postage I think the one on eBay was a little cheaper and its new too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

shuffles03 wrote: »

Its a strange game and I wouldn't bother picking it up tbh unless you can get it cheap somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Firmware 3.50 launching tomorrow.
    Changelog

●PlayStation™Network
    「PSN℠」will be renamed to「PlayStation™Network」

●PS4 Link
    Remote play will have a high quality setting (60FPS)。

●Video
    Scene search added
    1080p videos supported, with fast-forward up to 1.5x

●Map
    PS Vita map application will be removed

●near
    All functions that used the "map" will be removed

●Others
    Accessibility options will be added。
    Playstation Network: Sub-account upgrade: Enable users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts to upgrade to a master account directly on PSVITA, .
    [PlayStation™Network]>[Sub-account upgrade]> removing restrictions on chat and user media and enabling users to add funds to their Wallet and purchase content。

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

I have a couple of questions about the Vita and would greatly appreciate any help. Is it possible to have two PSN accounts on the Vita as it is on the PS3? I have a US account and an EU Account on My PS3, I can buy games from the respective PSN stores and then play them with either account, could I do the same on a Vita?

Also If I bought a used Vita which has an EU account on it currently will I be able to delete that account and set up a US one?

Cheers!

I have a couple of questions about the Vita and would greatly appreciate any help. Is it possible to have two PSN accounts on the Vita as it is on the PS3? I have a US account and an EU Account on My PS3, I can buy games from the respective PSN stores and then play them with either account, could I do the same on a Vita?

Also If I bought a used Vita which has an EU account on it currently will I be able to delete that account and set up a US one?

Cheers!

Yes, you can completely reformat it.

As for the accounts, they are different to the PS3, if you want a EU account and a US account you will need to have two different memory cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

Xenji wrote: »
    Yes, you can completely reformat it.

As for the accounts, they are different to the PS3, if you want a EU account and a US account you will need to have two different memory cards.

Great thanks a mil that is really helpful. Does that mean I can just swap out the memory cards to move between US and EU accounts?

Great thanks a mil that is really helpful. Does that mean I can just swap out the memory cards to move between US and EU accounts?

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya but it's a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is Freedom Wars worth the €13.49 pricetag in the latest PSN sale?

• Advertisement

Is Freedom Wars worth the €13.49 pricetag in the latest PSN sale?

Yes, fantastic little game, although it does include quite a bit of grinding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement