Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Xenji wrote: »
    Yes, fantastic little game, although it does include quite a bit of grinding.

Don't mind that really. Looks kind of a like a cross between Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Online. Think I'll grab it this evening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is Freedom Wars worth the €13.49 pricetag in the latest PSN sale?

Even if it wasn't that price its still worth picking up, such a cool game.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah.
    tok9 wrote: »
    Ya but it's a pain.

Thanks guys.

One last albeit broader question, are there any common hardware or software issues I should look out for when buying a used Vita? Problems with the screen or rear touch pad for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thanks guys.

One last albeit broader question, are there any common hardware or software issues I should look out for when buying a used Vita? Problems with the screen or rear touch pad for instance?

It's a very sold bit of hardware and you do not hear many issues with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Thanks guys.

If you buy a used screen, for god's sake, MAKE SURE before you try PS4 Link (using the Vita as a screen/controller for PS4 games) that it is not still linked to the previous owner's console. Even if the Vita goes through a startup sequence asking for things like locale, date and time and all that, it for some reason still keeps settings for the previous console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    If you buy a used screen, for god's sake, MAKE SURE before you try PS4 Link (using the Vita as a screen/controller for PS4 games) that it is not still linked to the previous owner's console. Even if the Vita goes through a startup sequence asking for things like locale, date and time and all that, it for some reason still keeps settings for the previous console.

Thanks for the heads up, how do you remove those settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

PSA: Firmware 3.5 adds custom button assignments to the Vita.

Unfortunately, there is nothing about changing the touch pad/touch screen settings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thanks for the heads up, how do you remove those settings?

You should be able to put it back to factory settings. Had to do it once when I forgot the screen password.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Picked up a Vita TV at the weekend. Bit annoyed that Wipeout, Uncharted and Helldivers aren't supported!

Any recommendations for games? Bonus points if it's been on Plus in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Killzone, velocity2x and binding of Isaac are very good and compatible games

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Who has the best price for a vita tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Who has the best price for a vita tv?

Do Smyths not have them for €55 at the minute?

Hmmmmmm nothing on there website, I'll give em a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hmmmmmm nothing on there website, I'll give em a ring.

From bargain alerts:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057404198

Lemlin wrote: »

Thanks for that!

:EDIT: Bastards are out of stock in my local store :mad: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's an official price-cut, think it's €60 in Argos, includes a €5 voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

anyone here able to shed some light on this. me and my girlfriends son both have minecraft on the vita and tried playing multiplayer this weekend but couldnt. we were in a hotel with wifi and both connected to psn. the wifi seemed to be perfect but kept giving the error 'the host has exited the game' and 'connection lost' even though we didn't leave.

and it happened every time. i could see him in the 'join game' box and when i picked it, chose 'join' it would either error straight away or sometimes the progress bar would come up and then it would give the error. progress bar never went up though.

tested the wifi connection too and both were fine but i'm wondering if there is some setting i'm not seeing cos i don't normally play online. and both vita firmware are latest as of yesterday.

didn't get to try any other games but might try terraria this weekend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

More than likely it was port forwarding problems with the hotel router. If the hotel's wifi is blocking those ports that are required for multiplayer then you'll have no luck. Just try it in your own place and it should be fine.

Vita minecraft also has an adhoc mode for local play. Not the same but at least it is something to play

https://youtu.be/frrFhCZquLw

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Can anyone recommend a good case for the vita slim please?

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a good case for the vita slim please?

I bought this in argos. Very good case. Image turned out a bit small. Click on it to read

1rh2fo.jpg

Sorry I can't see it at all.

Sorry I got it to enlarge after. My earlier post mightn't have been clear, sorry, it's a case to put it in while playing it he is looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Have to say the Playstation TV is an excellent bit of kit. Playing Killzone Mercenary on a large TV with a Dualshock 4 controller is fantastic!! Given that it is a PS Plus game for April, everyone should try it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Sorry I got it to enlarge after. My earlier post mightn't have been clear, sorry, it's a case to put it in while playing it he is looking for.

What is your preference? Do you want a case to make it easier to hold? Or one to add protection?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Other than trophies is there any issues with swapping a memory card between the Vita and TV and continuing to play from where you've saved; same account.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Has there been any homebrew/hacking of the Vita TV? Would pick it up in a heartbeat if someone could get Netflix on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Has there been any homebrew/hacking of the Vita TV? Would pick it up in a heartbeat if someone could get Netflix on there.

You can get netflix on it by logging in with a US account and downloading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

tok9 wrote: »
    You can get netflix on it by logging in with a US account and downloading it.

Yeah, but if you log in to your Irish account will it still work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Finished Counter Spy, enjoyable, if untaxing game.

Finished Rogue Legacy in the last while as well. It's pretty good, but does get a bit grindy later on. You get the sense after a while that you don't have to improve your skills, you just keep grinding it out, and you'll get there.

Onto Velocity 2x now, looks good. Thought it was a shoot-em-up, but seems like there's not a whole lot of shooting in it. Innovative game design though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement