Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Yeah, but if you log in to your Irish account will it still work?

Ya it does although I haven't tried it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Any good prices on memory cards 16gb or 32gb or where is the best price gone had?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any good prices on memory cards 16gb or 32gb or where is the best price gone had?

VGP or Play-Asia, not much in the price difference, but it will be quicker with VGP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does anyone else have ragnarok odyssey ace ? I need help with the boss at the end of ch6, thanks

Thank you, I've had a look on both sites. I presume I could get caught for customs on these from either of these sites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Check the likes of CEX for used ones; I got a 16GB one for €27 afaik in CEX last year.

sugarman wrote: »
    Yep.

Theyre the same price on amazon.co.uk tho, so I wouldnt bother ordering from either.

Ah no you won't with VGP and I have been ordering from them for years ( always shipped as cheap DVDs or a novelty toy) and they are close to 18 Euro cheaper than ordering from Amazon for a 32 gig card including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I got a ps tv during the week. Very impressed with the game. I am a massive fan of the vita and being able to play my games on the tv is great. I have played Killzone, little kings story, persona 4 golden and ragnarok Odyssey(first one) over the last few days and the visual quality to me are unreal. Dont know if I could highly recommend it as not all gaes work and the lack of video apps is disappointing but I knew these things before I bought it but Im loving it

Check the likes of CEX for used ones; I got a 16GB one for €27 afaik in CEX last year.

Is there any difference between new and used cards? Sorry if that's a ridiculous question.

Is there any difference between new and used cards? Sorry if that's a ridiculous question.

You may have to reformat them, not a difficult job if you do, otherwise they are the same.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    You may have to reformat them, not a difficult job if you do, otherwise they are the same.

Thank you for replying. Is it easy for someone who hasn't a clue like me?

Thank you for replying. Is it easy for someone who hasn't a clue like me?

Yeah it is, if you get one and have an issue, just post here again and you will have many people that can help you out.

I just googled it there and I think I'll manage it alright or rather my son will. Sorry for all the stupid questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

I have a few games to swap if anyone is interested,
    little big planet
    Assassins creed 3
    Mortal Kombat

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any of ye play helldivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Any of ye play helldivers?

Gave it a go, couldn't get into it despite other people saying it was good. I hit a difficulty spike early on (destroy the big mothership) and dropped it. Would give it a try though if you haven't tried it (and it's cheap/free). Other people who's opinion I'd respect said it was good, and it is doing something a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Play it on PS4, it's awesome. Shame it's not compatible with Vita TV :(

padraig_f wrote: »
    Gave it a go, couldn't get into it despite other people saying it was good. I hit a difficulty spike early on (destroy the big mothership) and dropped it. Would give it a try though if you haven't tried it (and it's cheap/free). Other people who's opinion I'd respect said it was good, and it is doing something a bit different.
    Play it on PS4, it's awesome. Shame it's not compatible with Vita TV :(

Its mainly an online game? more fun with other people? Is it still relatively busy game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Its mainly an online game? more fun with other people?

I can be played offline, and is fun that way - but yes, it is best enjoyed as an online co-op game IMO.
    Is it still relatively busy game?

There is still an active community playing it. Make sure you set your online preference to Public and if you need help in-game, use the SOS stratgem to call in other people - or just party up with friends and get them to join you - or just join someone else's random game.

It's all gooooood!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Has there been any homebrew/hacking of the Vita TV? Would pick it up in a heartbeat if someone could get Netflix on there.
    tok9 wrote: »
    Ya it does although I haven't tried it myself.

Not true, netflix does not work on psTV in *any* region - even though you can "install" the app on any account.

To the original question, there has been some hacking but really only to the emulated psp component of the device. So you can do everything that a hacked psp can do (emulators, plugins etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Varik wrote: »
    Other than trophies is there any issues with swapping a memory card between the Vita and TV and continuing to play from where you've saved; same account.

Only other potential issue is that if the vita and psTV are on different firmware versions then the memory card will remember the last/highest firmware and will force you to update any device thats on a lower firmware. Not an issue if you're keeping both up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

With Spotify having been launched on PS3 & PS4, it's kind of a shame they didn't bring it to the Vita too. The Vita only has the now defunct Music Unlimited and nothing to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So has anyone else seen the trademark for a vita 3000 in Japan?

PS-Vita-3000-Model-Trademarked-by-Sony-in-Japan-Leaked-Sketches-Show-478991-2.jpg

I really hope this is true as that mark on my Vita still bothers me. Give me all the minor upgrades from the Vita-2000, bring back the OLED, add a HDMI port and a better wireless card.

Yes I'm dreaming but I'd be delighted with something like that.

And if it does only come to Japan, bring it out before the end of the year as I'll be there. :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I wouldn't waste my money on one ever again, TBH. Sony's lack of support for it is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

tok9 wrote: »
    So has anyone else seen the trademark for a vita 3000 in Japan?

PS-Vita-3000-Model-Trademarked-by-Sony-in-Japan-Leaked-Sketches-Show-478991-2.jpg

I really hope this is true as that mark on my Vita still bothers me. Give me all the minor upgrades from the Vita-2000, bring back the OLED, add a HDMI port and a better wireless card.

Yes I'm dreaming but I'd be delighted with something like that.

And if it does only come to Japan, bring it out before the end of the year as I'll be there. :P

Unless they add L2 and R2 buttons plus clickable sticks then it is a useless upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I have a 15 hour flight on Sat and I'm looking to pick-up a game to entertain me. Any suggestions? I was thinking of subscribing to PS Plus and gett Killzone or getting New Little Kings Story (saw it in GameStop).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I have a 15 hour flight on Sat and I'm looking to pick-up a game to entertain me. Any suggestions? I was thinking of subscribing to PS Plus and gett Killzone or getting New Little Kings Story (saw it in GameStop).

If it's a 15 hour flight, you will want something with meat to it. Obviously Persona 4 Golden is the best RPG on the system, but something like Freedom Wars might also be worth it for the amount of hours you will get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Killzone is a lot of fun, really well made and as good as an FPS you'll get on a handheld. Definitely a good flight game although will probably only take you five or six hours to finish.

shuffles03 wrote: »

Freedom Wars, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters or either Danganronpa 1&2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

New Little Kings Story is good fun...
    Also have a look at some of the random dungeon crawlers - there's a few really good ones out there, some were on + a while back, eg Rogue Legacy & that other one with the kid that shoots tears - name is escaping me now - sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement