Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I have a 15 hour flight on Sat and I'm looking to pick-up a game to entertain me. Any suggestions? I was thinking of subscribing to PS Plus and gett Killzone or getting New Little Kings Story (saw it in GameStop).

Shovel Knight, one of the best games I played all last year. Perfect Handheld gaming, it can be put down at any point but you won't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Shovel Knight, one of the best games I played all last year. Perfect Handheld gaming, it can be put down at any point but you won't want to.

+1 to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

Rayman Legends is great fun, you'll kill lots of hours with it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wow is Killzone Mercenary is a good looking Vita game. It's also incredibly bland, so just like a Killzone game then. Had to laugh at the unskippable cutscenes at the start detailing the story of Killzone as if it was somehow good or important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Rainbow Moon would keep you going well passed 15 hours, definitely take you into 70+ hours, can get very repetitive though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have a 15 hour flight on Sat and I'm looking to pick-up a game to entertain me. Any suggestions? I was thinking of subscribing to PS Plus and gett Killzone or getting New Little Kings Story (saw it in GameStop).

Tearaway is a tenner in gamestop atm, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Cheers for all the replies! Hard to choose now. Can you get Persona in Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Been playing Freedom Wars the last week or so. Cant really get into it which is annoying me as I really want to like it.

Cheers for all the replies! Hard to choose now. Can you get Persona in Gamestop?

Just realised I only have a 4GB memory card. If I were to get a physical copy of Persona, would I have enough space?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'd recommend the Hotline Miami games, though I am a bit of a fanboy at this stage :D

• Advertisement

Just popped into GameStop. Only 5 games in stock. There doesn't seem to be a physical presence for the Vita anymore unfortunately. They had two JRPGs: Tales of hearts R and Sorcery Saga Curse of the Great Curry God.

Any use?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tales is an alright and I'm playing through the curry game atm , if there cheap get them

Tales is an alright and I'm playing through the curry game atm , if there cheap get them

Not too cheap; €30. Worth it? I've only got a 4GB card so downloading is probably out of the question. Can't find P4G anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What good old PS1 and PS2 games are on PSN that I could pick up for my Vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Lemlin wrote: »

Ahh Shadow of Memories, that takes me back 15 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Don't think the vita plays ps2 games.

As for ps1, the ones I'd recommend are:

Final Fantasy 6/7/8/9.
    Vagrant Story
    Wild Arms
    Alundra
    MGS
    Castelvania SOTN
    Future Cop LAPD
    Parappa
    Tombi
    Vib Ribbon
    Kula World
    Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
    Klonoa
    Medievil
    Suikoden 1/2.

Just be aware that the 3d games don't look very pretty these days!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also be aware that if you buy them from the European store you'll have the crappy compromised European versions that run slower for most games (there's some import ha,es and the rest games are the uS versions). Then again you have to balance that with the fact changing accounts on vita is a pain and requires a separate memory card.

Ok I've decided if I can't find P4G or FFX in a physical store today I'm going to get the following:

Guacamelee!, Shovel Knight or Hotline Miami.

I'll also get Jetpack Joyride as a kicker for whichever one I choose.

If I'm able to find P4G or FFX, I'll still get Jetpack as a kicker too.

Has anyone seen physical copies in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Ok I've decided if I can't find P4G or FFX in a physical store today I'm going to get the following:

Guacamelee!, Shovel Knight or Hotline Miami.

I'll also get Jetpack Joyride as a kicker for whichever one I choose.

If I'm able to find P4G or FFX, I'll still get Jetpack as a kicker too.

Has anyone seen physical copies in Dublin?

Get Tearaway, either of the Rayman games or Gravity Rush if you can't get P4G or FFX instore - fantastic games. If you're looking for good games to download that won't take up much space on your 4GB you could get Velocity 2X, Fez, Sound Shapes or Thomas was Alone. I got the PSP game Everybody Tennis a while ago and it was one of the most addictive games I have ever played. Highly recommended for the vita.

Got FFX. Tried to find P4G but no luck. Might also get Thomas Was Alone too

• Advertisement

Just noticed I didn't get FFX-2 with the game. GameStop only had a preowned version and it had already been downloaded?

Can I d/l part two on its own from the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Just noticed I didn't get FFX-2 with the game. GameStop only had a preowned version and it had already been downloaded?

Can I d/l part two on its own from the store?

Ffx-2 comes as a downloadable code in the box. If it used/not there then you're out of luck unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Don't think the vita plays ps2 games.

As for ps1, the ones I'd recommend are:

Final Fantasy 6/7/8/9.
    Vagrant Story
    Wild Arms
    Alundra
    MGS
    Castelvania SOTN
    Future Cop LAPD
    Parappa
    Tombi
    Vib Ribbon
    Kula World
    Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
    Klonoa
    Medievil
    Suikoden 1/2.

Just be aware that the 3d games don't look very pretty these days!

And keep in mind that the Vita doesn't have any L2 or R2 buttons like the console controller has. So be careful which games you purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

And keep in mind that the Vita doesn't have any L2 or R2 buttons like the console controller has. So be careful which games you purchase.

yeah I've the oddworld games, find using the back touchpad instead of buttons a pain...

Forget about getting the PS1 port of Symphony of the Night and get the PSP version of Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles. It's a 3D reimagining of the classic Japanese only Rondo of Blood but it also has the original 2D version as an unlock able. To top it off it also has the definitive version of SotN. It runs at the correct speed unlike the European version and it is also the only version other than the crappy Saturn port that lets you play as Maria.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Forget about getting the PS1 port of Symphony of the Night and get the PSP version of Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles. It's a 3D reimagining of the classic Japanese only Rondo of Blood but it also has the original 2D version as an unlock able. To top it off it also has the definitive version of SotN. It runs at the correct speed unlike the European version and it is also the only version other than the crappy Saturn port that lets you play as Maria.

SotN on the EU store runs at the correct speed?

tok9 wrote: »
    SotN on the EU store runs at the correct speed?

Nope it runs at the slow European PAL 50Hz which is why I recommend Dracula X Chrinicles which had the US version or the game as an unlockable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Nice. I may pick that up at some stage. One of those games I keep hearing about but haven't played.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Playing my vita a lot lately, it's such an underrated piece of hardware with some really good games available for it. Playing final fantasy x at the moment, looks great on the vita screen.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Nice. I may pick that up at some stage. One of those games I keep hearing about but haven't played.

You really need to get on that! It's as good as people say. It's in my top 20, maybe top 10 games of all time. Also if you think you are finished the game read up on the true ending :P I'll say no more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement