Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone who has used the Nyko power grip for the vita noticed a drop in the charge of the vita battery when not using the grip. On aeroplane mode my vita would last days but now it doesnt even last one after using the grips for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Looks like I'm coming pretty close to the end of my vita. The left analog acts as if it 's being pressed right and up.

Yesterday some water split in my bag and I'm assuming some got into the vita. If not then it was the position I put it in after that caused the issue.

I've managed to finish Shovel Knight by reconfiguring the left analog stick to the right analog stick but I'm sure it'll affect a game I play soon. :(

So now.. I'm just debating what to do. Wait to see if anything comes of this Vita-3000 trademark or look for another original Vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

tok9 wrote: »
    Looks like I'm coming pretty close to the end of my vita. The left analog acts as if it 's being pressed right and up.

Yesterday some water split in my bag and I'm assuming some got into the vita. If not then it was the position I put it in after that caused the issue.

I've managed to finish Shovel Knight by reconfiguring the left analog stick to the right analog stick but I'm sure it'll affect a game I play soon. :(

So now.. I'm just debating what to do. Wait to see if anything comes of this Vita-3000 trademark or look for another original Vita?

You have nothing to loose by taking a screwdriver to it and try fixing the analog sticks. I did that with a PS3 controller for the exact same issue and cleaned off the dirt, re-seated it and it worked.

Ya I decided to open it up and it was actually a lot easier than I thought to go through it.

Still it looks like it is an issue with the left analog so I'm going to disable it for now and order an analog stick somewhere (replace base looking the best) for £10 total.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up Tales of heart a few months ago and just can't get into it, thinking of swapping it for another rpg.

I have Persona 4 keeping me going at the moment. I am trying to figure out the post December 3 events, have so far gotten two dodgy endings and don't want to succumb to a guide as of yet, I have also restarted the game on plus mode which is kind of stupid as you get to keep the money and weapons(you can buy the best weapons you had at the ending point) you finished the game with yet you start again all over, great game, love the music and the characters, I am doing the sports now rather than acting to branch out the personas I had previously.

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention here that I did manage to fix my Vita on Wednesday. Analog stick arrived then and as I mentioned earlier it's actually pretty easy to dismantle the vita.

Said I'd check out how tough it would be to replace the OLED etc... now that.. that looks like you'd need professional help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was posting in the Games forum earlier about the latest game I finished. It was LEGO Harry Potter Years 5 - 7 on the VITA. I realised then that last three games I've beaten have been on the VITA. I really, really do like playing games on the VITA. Even playing PS4 games via Remote Play is fun too.

I just wish there was more games for the system that I'd be interested in. It took a while to find a game to play on it, I mean, LEGO Harry Potter Years 5 - 7 isn't exactly recent.

Shovel Knight and Hohokum are two really recent examples that I'm playing only on Vita. Perfect for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was posting in the Games forum earlier about the latest game I finished. It was LEGO Harry Potter Years 5 - 7 on the VITA. I realised then that last three games I've beaten have been on the VITA. I really, really do like playing games on the VITA. Even playing PS4 games via Remote Play is fun too.

I just wish there was more games for the system that I'd be interested in. It took a while to find a game to play on it, I mean, LEGO Harry Potter Years 5 - 7 isn't exactly recent.

Have you tried freedom wars? excellent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Shovel Knight and Hohokum are two really recent examples that I'm playing only on Vita. Perfect for it.

Yeah, I agree with Shovel Knight. I beat it on the Vita but I did try at one point to play it on the PS4. I managed to get to the boss of one level but I just couldn't beat the boss. Switched back to the Vita and beat the boss first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

http://www.thegamescabin.com/civilization-revolution-2-plus-rated-for-ps-vita/

Civilization Revolution 2 might be coming to the Vita. I adored the first game so I hope its is some good.

Bought a 16GB Memory card on friday and already practically filled it with Cross Buy and PS+ games...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That link won't load .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

That link won't load .

Its loading for me ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That link won't load .

Does for me....:confused: Here is what is said
    The PS Vita may not be getting much support from Sony in the big-name game department, but at least third-party studios are chipping in with a few titles here and there.

Admittedly we’ve been getting more and more indies and less AAA’s, but any and all games are welcome at this point. Seriously, any reason to pull the PS Vita out from under the couch is fine by us.

If the Brazilian ratings board is anything to go by then we may be seeing a new release from Take Two Interactive on the PS Vita.
    A title named Civilization Revolution 2 Plus has been rated for the PS Vita after first releasing (minus the plus,) on iOS and Android platforms last year.

There’s no confirmation from Take Two at the moment but we’ve sent an email and will update if we learn more.

Its working now :s cheers for that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Man... seeing those prices is still crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Sony basically said yesterday that the Vita is now died with calling it a Legacy Platform.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/27/sony-clarifies-legacy-platform-statement-our-portable-business-will-be-continued/

After 3 years the vita is basically done and dusted now and being honest i am quite sad as at the start i loved my vita and it was showing some really good games running on the console they any AAA other then a small few where just made my lazy dev looking at you Call Of Duty .... but in the last few months i have had no reason to play the console anymore as other then indie games and JRPG there has not been any reason to play the console. The ports of PS2 remasters last year where very poor and had loads of frame rate problems in the end i just gave up on them. PS vita great console but sony had no clue what so ever what to do with the thing since day one.

Other then the stupid marmery cards what went wrong for the Ps Vita ?. As the 3DS is still going like crazy after 4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Sony basically said yesterday that the Vita is now died with calling it a Legacy Platform.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/27/sony-clarifies-legacy-platform-statement-our-portable-business-will-be-continued/

After 3 years the vita is basically done and dusted now and being honest i am quite sad as at the start i loved my vita and it was showing some really good games running on the console they any AAA other then a small few where just made my lazy dev looking at you Call Of Duty .... but in the last few months i have had no reason to play the console anymore as other then indie games and JRPG there has not been any reason to play the console. The ports of PS2 remasters last year where very poor and had loads of frame rate problems in the end i just gave up on them. PS vita great console but sony had no clue what so ever what to do with the thing since day one.

Other then the stupid marmery cards what went wrong for the Ps Vita ?. As the 3DS is still going like crazy after 4 years.

That article you linked to said they were specifically referring to the first generation Vita? I don't think it's dead yet but I do think that they should have fully embraced digital downloads for the console. I've bought 2 physical games for that console since i got it, but about 50 odd digital titles.

I think their physical sales are what are disappointing people and presenting the idea that it's failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

RedXIV wrote: »
    That article you linked to said they were specifically referring to the first generation Vita? I don't think it's dead yet but I do think that they should have fully embraced digital downloads for the console. I've bought 2 physical games for that console since i got it, but about 50 odd digital titles.

I think their physical sales are what are disappointing people and presenting the idea that it's failing.

Totally agree, not seeing a physical presence in stores doesn't help either. Just being a line of games above Wii games in a Gamestop doesn't help when you consider just how much space a 3DS gets because it's so physical based.

I think we will very quickly see a Vita+ with NFC to take advantage of the Amibo/Skylanders boom. It would be a no brainer for Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

There is only one gen of vita if I am not mistaking? . Sony has made 2 vitas the OLED (Better one) and the LCD worse one.

There is just no push in the last few years from Sony for the vita. I don't think I have seen a add on tv or in a games shop for the vita in years they really don't care about it. The same happened to the PSP from Sony but thr PSP has a crazy amount of games for the console and what killed the PSP was the CFW where you could find any game you won't on your console ;).

I have had the vita since day one. I think with all the psn+ games and digital games I have I bought there must be at lest 70+ games there and then I have a good few few boxed games on top of that. But with seeing games in shops they basicly have Notting in gamestop just the same stuff from day one you never seen any of the JPRG in gamestop expact freedem wars and the tales game witch was just a lazy release in the west eg they didn't re dub the game and haveing to read it on such a small screen is a pain in the ass so I gave up on it because of that. With the 3ds haveing loads of boxed copy of games in shops they also have a huge digital push from nitendo as well. But compare the adds for the 3ds to the vita and see ?.

There was rummers of vita model 3000 but I wouldn't be counting my chickens just yet on that.

My local GameStop don't get in new vita game stock anymore.

Memory Cards

The hassle in switching accounts on Vita

The lack of big third party and first party titles. The likes of Fifa and COD were poor games (apparently, never played) and then Sony didn't really do much to help. They really should have released at least a Gran Turismo and one of Infamous/God of War.

Not all PS1/PS2 games on the store are compatible with it. That's just ridiculous.

That's just off the top of my head.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Memory Cards

The hassle in switching accounts on Vita

The lack of big third party and first party titles. The likes of Fifa an COD were poor games (apparently, never played) and then Sony didn't really do much to help. They really should have released at least a Gran Turismo and one of Infamous/God of War.

Not all PS1/PS2 games on the store are compatible with it. That's just ridiculous.

That's just off the top of my head.

All in all they really treated the Vita pretty poorly.

Is there a big difference in Persona 3 portable and the PS2 game?

It's down to €10 so I'm tempted.

My Vita has been getting a lot of use lately with older games. Downloaded Resident Evil 2 & 3 (finsihed 2), Castlevania and the two Syphon Filter PSP games. Just started the first one.

Along with my trippy commute to work with hohokum :) Still need to check out Murasaki Baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Is there a big difference in Persona 3 portable and the PS2 game?

Outside of the dungeons, you don't move your 3d character around, it's almost like a point-and-click when you're interacting with the environment/NPCs. Thats one major difference from the ps2 version. But there is an all new female protagonist route through the game so there's that. And the battle system was tweaked to include elements from persona 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Which is better to get for my 7yr old the vita or 3ds? She will only use it for playing games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Which is better to get for my 7yr old the vita or 3ds? She will only use it for playing games

Well since your in the PlayStation forum, I'd get a.......ds, vita has good games but has been abandoned by Sony, Nintendo have a larger collection of child friendly games also

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement