Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Which is better to get for my 7yr old the vita or 3ds? She will only use it for playing games

Id choose the 3ds every time for my kids. Just for volume of games, (backward compatibility with ds games an added bonus). Looks like its going to be supported for longer than the Vita too.

Vita has PSP games you can download but ridiculous cost of memory cards for the Vita make it less attractive. My 9 year old has the Vita but he's moved back to playing an old dsi when he can't get his siblings 3ds'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

animaX wrote: »
    Outside of the dungeons, you don't move your 3d character around, it's almost like a point-and-click when you're interacting with the environment/NPCs. Thats one major difference from the ps2 version. But there is an all new female protagonist route through the game so there's that. And the battle system was tweaked to include elements from persona 4.

P3P also doesn't have the FES add on although that was kind of crap. It's well worth playing even if you have finished the original game. The female protagonist changes a lot, there's new music and social links with the common ones changed also. Social link times are also a lot more convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think I might leave P3P. I'm not sure I'll have the time to tackle it anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tok9 wrote: »
    I think I might leave P3P. I'm not sure I'll have the time to tackle it anyway.

It's a good bit shorter than vanilla P3 but if you've just come off P4 or P3 it's best to leave it until you get a hankering for more Persona... but then again if you can hold off until the end of the year Persona 5 should be out.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a good bit shorter than vanilla P3 but if you've just come off P4 or P3 it's best to leave it until you get a hankering for more Persona... but then again if you can hold off until the end of the year Persona 5 should be out.

If only Persona 5 was on vita!

I'll be away from my PS4 for a while so prob won't get to play it till late 2016 I imagine. :(

• Advertisement

Persona 5 is coming to PS3 as well. Also with the PS4 being a bit of a flop in Japan you can be assured of a Persona 5 handheld port announced after P5's release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

a Persona 5 handheld port announced after P5's release.

....drool....

I'd pay 100 euro for P5 on vita

Persona 5 is coming to PS3 as well. Also with the PS4 being a bit of a flop in Japan you can be assured of a Persona 5 handheld port announced after P5's release.

I'll be going travelling so handheld gaming will be the only gaming I'll have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rayman Legends & Rayman Origins, Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy and Steins;Gate are all out this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Xenji wrote: »
    Rayman Legends & Rayman Origins are all out this week.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They are being re-released as a cut price bundle.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'll be going travelling so handheld gaming will be the only gaming I'll have.

Sure that's the perfect time to get your teeth into some other SMT games like Devil Survivor and Strange Journey :D

Xenji wrote: »
    They are being re-released as a cut price bundle.

Shure, Legends has half of Origins in it anyways…

Broken Sword 5 is on sale for €7 for the two episodes until tomorrow. Has anyone played it? Just wondering if it's worth picking up - it seems like it would be well suited to the Vita…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Sale on at the moment, the wolf among us for €7.50 is catching my eye!

Details on
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/03/new-playstation-store-discounts-start-today-saints-row-iv-and-telltale-games/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sale on at the moment, the wolf among us for €7.50 is catching my eye!

Details on
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/03/new-playstation-store-discounts-start-today-saints-row-iv-and-telltale-games/

A steal at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Whats the best racing game on the vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I thought Need For Speed: Most Wanted was very good, very little difference between it and the PS3 version

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Wipeout is fantastic as always

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I enjoyed Need For Speed, but it got very 'samey' after a while.
    Then there were one or 2 events where you had to be perfect to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

I got the Marvel Vs Capcom game.

Is there any way to have the fights 1 vs 1. i find the 3 Vs 3 games a bit distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

Is there a PS Vita swap thread? I got a vita and have MGS HD Collection and Uncharted. I have finished both and played all the PS+ games for vita.

Would like to play some more games but some of the prices are outrageous!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

nedd wrote: »
    Is there a PS Vita swap thread? I got a vita and have MGS HD Collection and Uncharted. I have finished both and played all the PS+ games for vita.

Would like to play some more games but some of the prices are outrageous!

How the hell have you the time???? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

RedXIV wrote: »
    How the hell have you the time???? :eek:

Not all, but all the ones in recent months.

Any ideas when Bastion comes to vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Looking to buy a ps vita at the moment. Struggling to decide between slim and old model. Where is the best place to buy? Cex 130 for the old model or €180 for the slim? Not many up on adverts in Dublin.

I'll mainly be using it for remote play so herself can watch TV and I can finish the collectible missions in GTA etc

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Deedsie wrote: »
    Looking to buy a ps vita at the moment. Struggling to decide between slim and old model. Where is the best place to buy? Cex 130 for the old model or €180 for the slim? Not many up on adverts in Dublin.

I'll mainly be using it for remote play so herself can watch TV and I can finish the collectible missions in GTA etc

Any recommendations?

Most will say the old model for the better screen but if you are using it mainly for remote play be aware that there is a peripheral for the slim version thats adds R2 and L2 buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Most will say the old model for the better screen but if you are using it mainly for remote play be aware that there is a peripheral for the slim version thats adds R2 and L2 buttons

The micro usb on the slim is kind of winning me over. I didn't realise I could get a peripheral for R2 L2. That's also good news. I think I'll go for the slim. Any suggestions on the best place to buy one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is there any peripheral that adds the l2r2 support to the older model? I'm using my oled model a lot lately for remote play, albeit for games of Gwent in the Witcher 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Deedsie wrote: »

Any recommendations?

If your only going to use it for that id get this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PVHEHWSNY81823-PlayStation-TV/dp/B00KJG45AQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1433994272&sr=8-3&keywords=playtv

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement