Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn the version I got of muramasa doesn't come with all the dlc I dont think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

60% off Castlevania The Dracula Chronicles and I haven't even started it!

Also I assume Suikoden 1 & 2 will be the pal versions right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

tok9 wrote: »

Also I assume Suikoden 1 & 2 will be the pal versions right?

I think so, it's a shame but I remember having it explained to me why we can't just have the ntsc version shipped over here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got SS delta too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Got SS delta too :o
    I really need to platinum the first game already. One trophy short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I bought the Metal Gear HD collection in the sale , Was worried that it be tough without the L2 and R2 proper buttons but so far its good , and i'm already used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is anyone playing borderlands on the vita lately. Have the patches improved things much? How are the controls with the smaller thumb sticks?
    I played a bit of BL2 on xbox 360 but got stuck on a point and then moved to ps4. I enjoyed it on xbox so was wondering what its like on vita now?

Ar Nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star is out for vita this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/07/03/zero-escape-3-announced-by-aksys-games/

Virtues Last Reward sequel announced.....it'll be a while though.

Awesome, Zero Escape is an amazing game. Loved every minute of it and it was free on PS+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Just finished uncharted golden abyss, had it since I bought the vita almost 2 years ago but never got around to playing it until now. Fantastic game for a portable machine, great graphics, decent length campaign for a handheld and uses the vita's front and back touch screens nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I bought the Metal Gear HD collection in the sale , Was worried that it be tough without the L2 and R2 proper buttons but so far its good , and i'm already used to it

I loved played metal gear on the Vita, it felt like they were made for the little machine, really good ports. With holidays coming up next month I'll be downloading it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is anyone playing borderlands on the vita lately. Have the patches improved things much? How are the controls with the smaller thumb sticks?
    I played a bit of BL2 on xbox 360 but got stuck on a point and then moved to ps4. I enjoyed it on xbox so was wondering what its like on vita now?

I'm currently playing through it on the Vita and although it's clearly not going to be as playable as their console forms I'm still always impressed by how it actually performs on the Vita. I think it's playable, there are some framerate drops when things get busy but nothing that is game breaking.

Although it's scaled back, it's still Borderlands 2 on your Vita, and who doesn't like the sound of that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any good offers on memory cards about?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

weiland79 wrote: »

CeX are worth a look they actually sell them for fairly reasonable prices, unlike everything else they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

weiland79 wrote: »

Depends on the size, a 64 gig one will set you back around 80 Euro at its cheapest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

da gamer wrote: »
    Just finished uncharted golden abyss, had it since I bought the vita almost 2 years ago but never got around to playing it until now. Fantastic game for a portable machine, great graphics, decent length campaign for a handheld and uses the vita's front and back touch screens nicely.

I found it a really weak uncharted game. Aiming with the analogue sticks just isn't fun and constantly stopping the game so you have to do an awkward minigame as an excuse to use the Vita's features was jarring. It's also annoying that it runs at half the resolution of the Vita, it looks really blocky as a result. It's a good technical showcase but not a great game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bought Grim Fandango on PSN for €7.49 on Monday. I need to delete some stuff off my 16gb card so I can download it.

Did anyone play Murasaki baby?

I'm really enjoying it. It's just a cute game really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Did anyone play Murasaki baby?

I'm really enjoying it. It's just a cute game really.

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot, it's very short though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Murasaki Baby is delightful in many respects, although felt like I was battling against the controls at times. Overall it marries its aesthetics, gameplay and narrative ambitions together well, even if the actual playing sometimes lacks the precision one would want.

Ya I do wish you could switch the backgrounds with the L & R buttons. That would have made a huge difference.

Right I've a bit of a confusing question.

So I have Final Fantasy 9 and I had got to disc 3 with a save file but for some reason I can't remember (I'm an idiot) I deleted it from my memory card along with the save.

So after seeing some streams for FF7 I decided maybe I should go back and finish only to realise I no longer have my save.

So the question is, does anyone know if I could let's say download a save file from somewhere and be able to use that with my game?

Right I've a bit of a confusing question.

So I have Final Fantasy 9 and I had got to disc 3 with a save file but for some reason I can't remember (I'm an idiot) I deleted it from my memory card along with the save.

So after seeing some streams for FF7 I decided maybe I should go back and finish only to realise I no longer have my save.

So the question is, does anyone know if I could let's say download a save file from somewhere and be able to use that with my game?

You could do it with the PSP, but not with the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Xenji wrote: »
    You could do it with the PSP, but not with the Vita.

You could do it with an exploited vita

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

da gamer wrote: »

Now that you say that, I have this game since I got the Vita too and have never played it either (apart from 10 minutes when I got it), I think I'll have to play it soon, I got turned off the game once it started asking me to take photos.

Played through Entwined. Didn't think much of it really. Was fine for the commute.

On to Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles now. Enjoying it so far. Just kicking off stage 3.

animaX wrote: »
    You could do it with an exploited vita

It is a pain in the ass to do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Played through Entwined. Didn't think much of it really. Was fine for the commute.

On to Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles now. Enjoying it so far. Just kicking off stage 3.
    Never played that, always wanted to in order to get a taste of Rondo Of Blood.

Iga's later Castlevania output with Konami was great, so I expect that to be no different! Still rocking Symphony of the Night on my Vita anyway.

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    Never played that, always wanted to in order to get a taste of Rondo Of Blood.

Iga's later Castlevania output with Konami was great, so I expect that to be no different! Still rocking Symphony of the Night on my Vita anyway.

It was not all great, Legacy of Darkness, Judgment and Lords Of Shadows 2 ranged from poor to terrible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement