Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Xenji wrote: »
    It was not all great, Legacy of Darkness, Judgment and Lords Of Shadows 2 ranged from poor to terrible.
    Koji Igarashi didn't work on Legacy of Darkness or Lords If Shadows 2 AFAIK, I think Iga was in the process of leaving Konami while the latter was being made also. But regarding Judgement, yeah that was a bad game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The problem with the 3D Iga games is the team was given barely any budget for them. That was fine for 2D ones where they reused a lot of assets but you can tell the 3D ones were on a shoe string budget. Iga had nothing to do with the Lords of Shadows games but he definitely had a major role on Legacy of Darkness. I did however quite enjoy Lament of Innocence which was a Igavania in 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

anybody have one of these clips? Only just discovered this could be great for remote play on vita, 18 euro give or take on amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Control-Compatible-Smartphones-iPhones-Black/dp/B00N9OBTAE

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

cadete wrote: »
    anybody have one of these clips? Only just discovered this could be great for remote play on vita, 18 euro give or take on amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Control-Compatible-Smartphones-iPhones-Black/dp/B00N9OBTAE

maxresdefault.jpg

But remote play doesn't really work when you use a DualShock 4 on your account right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

But remote play doesn't really work when you use a DualShock 4 on your account right?

I have not tried to use this setup yet just found it exists today, but a quick google and it seems it works, think you need to be pretty close to your ps4 just? has anyone tried remote play with a ds4 and a vita?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have not tried to use this setup yet just found it exists today, but a quick google and it seems it works, think you need to be pretty close to your ps4 just? has anyone tried remote play with a ds4 and a vita?

I did a while ago. It has nothing do to with range. If you are using Remote Play and then turn on your Dualshock 4 you will be logged out of Remote Play on the Vita. I think you need to log into an alt account to use the Dualshock 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Played 3 player cel damage using the vita and 2 ds4, you do get signed out when you turn on a ds4 but I think (can't remember exactly) you can sign back in once everybody else signs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Decided to pick up Bastian now while it's 4 euro and hope the Vita version comes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Actual Sunlight is coming to the Vita on the 11th of August, it is a Visual Novel with JRPG elements, it is also known as one of the saddest games you will ever play.

• Isn't Res Evil Revelations 2 out on Vita this week?

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Isn't Res Evil Revelations 2 out on Vita this week?

No it's out on the 18th. And If I do get around to Revelations 2 I will pick it up on Vita as long as it's not a technical mess which is definitely a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

sumsar wrote: »
    Now that you say that, I have this game since I got the Vita too and have never played it either (apart from 10 minutes when I got it), I think I'll have to play it soon, I got turned off the game once it started asking me to take photos.

Don't worry about the photos, they aren't necessary, just side quests really. You should give it a go, once I got into it I couldn't put the vita down, definitely one of the better action games on a handheld

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Best pick up & play Vita game for short bursts & loads of trophies?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Best pick up & play Vita game for short bursts & loads of trophies?

Gravity Rush or Unit 13, they have over 40+ trophies each.

Finished up Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and I've both Rondo (probably won't get around to playing anytime soon) and SOTN unlocked.

I'm already really digging the sprites.

On X, initially I thought it was okay but the more I played it and saw the different paths etc the more I really liked it. Looking forward to SOTN now.

Also on a different note, I was going to pick up Resident Evil Revelations 2 on Vita but I've seen a few screens and it looks like an awful port. I don't even know why they bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Gravity Rush or Unit 13, they have over 40+ trophies each.

Haven't played Unit 13 but I platinum'd Gravity Rush last year, good challenging game and you'll be guaranteed to drop the Vita a few times whilst playing it

van_beano wrote: »
    Haven't played Unit 13 but I platinum'd Gravity Rush last year, good challenging game and you'll be guaranteed to drop the Vita a few times whilst playing it
    Gravity Rush was very good but I'd find it difficult to platinum that game, some of the challenges take some serious perfecting to get gold I found.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nailz wrote: »
    Gravity Rush was very good but I'd find it difficult to platinum that game, some of the challenges take some serious perfecting to get gold I found.

Totally agree with ya , fantastic game though

What do you folks think the likelihood is that Super Meat Boy will be in next months PS Plus free games list?

I've never played it before and I'm dying to have a go at it on the Vita, looks perfect for the system!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Nailz wrote: »
    What do you folks think the likelihood is that Super Meat Boy will be in next months PS Plus free games list?

I've never played it before and I'm dying to have a go at it on the Vita, looks perfect for the system!

It has already been confirmed that it will be free on PS Plus at launch.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/08/super-meat-boy-is-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-and-ps-plus/

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It has already been confirmed that it will be free on PS Plus at launch.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/08/super-meat-boy-is-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-and-ps-plus/

Ah yeah I saw that in June, was just wondering what the likelihood was in it coming out next month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Where is the cheapest place to get Vita memory cards?

I really hate how annoying it is to switch Vita accounts when I see sales on the NA PSN for a load of PSOne games like right now with Square Enix games like FF and Chrono Trigger/Cross etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

tok9 wrote: »
    I really hate how annoying it is to switch Vita accounts when I see sales on the NA PSN for a load of PSOne games like right now with Square Enix games like FF and Chrono Trigger/Cross etc.

multiple accounts on the Vita, that's the dream, I'd never be off the thing if you could do it on the fly.

Wright wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to get Vita memory cards?

VGP or Play-Asia if you want a 32 or 64 gig one.

VGP or Play-Asia if you want a 32 or 64 gig one.

Picked up a 64 gig when I lived in Japan. Overkill IMO. I had tons of bought and PS+ titles installed and came nowhere close to filling it. 32 is the sweet spot. Cheers for the tip.

RedXIV wrote: »
    multiple accounts on the Vita, that's the dream, I'd never be off the thing if you could do it on the fly.

100% agree.

PSTV doesn't transmit sound through the DS4 jack, what a joke. I'm on a monitor with no headphone jack itself so kinda screwed.

And it won't play PSOne games in widescreen. What a joke of a device.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If that means it's restricting PS One games to their original 4:3 ratio, then that's a small win in my books :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Is the batman game worth while getting for the vita for 10 euros ?. On the summer sale.

As I do love the metroidvinna style games and I like batman just wondering if it's worth while playing or not ?.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement